• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	845
Size:	31.1 KB
ID:	441514
    Seems like its still downloading for me. Where are we seeing that they said its screen recording? All I see in the update notes is the usual "fixed a few download issues"

Comment

DRM aside, Netflix downloader seems to continue to have other problems. I was locked out of Netflix like many others. The last 2 versions seemed to address the login problem, but I cannot actually download anything from Netflix. After selecting a TV Show or a Movie the "Analyzing video URL" dialog comes up and remains until cancelled. Any suggestion?

Comment

Originally posted by bilbobigg View Post
        DRM aside, Netflix downloader seems to continue to have other problems. I was locked out of Netflix like many others. The last 2 versions seemed to address the login problem, but I cannot actually download anything from Netflix. After selecting a TV Show or a Movie the "Analyzing video URL" dialog comes up and remains until cancelled. Any suggestion?
        I usually have this problem every time i have to re-login into any of the services. It usually fixes itself when I completely restart StreamFab after signing in and then trying again.

Comment

That seemed to work. Didn't' have to restart SF but logged out of Netflix and back in seemed to work with 6.1.7.5 I had tried this with previous with no success. Thanks

Comment

I am having a weird problem with StreamFab 6.1.7.5.

1) Downloading videos from Youtube - OK.
            2) Downloading TV Series/Movies from "The CW" - OK.
            3) Downloading TV Series/Movies from "Tubi" - OK.
            4) Downloading TV Series/Movies from Netflix - OK if downloading only 1 episode or 1 movie.
            Select more than 1 episode of a TV series gives an error.
            Exiting and relaunching StreamFab gives file missing errors.

I checked the installation of StreamFab and just over 99% of the files have been deleted.
            I checked my PC for viruses using Windows Defender and Malware AntiMalWare professional.
            The report stated that there were no viruses or malware.
            I rebooted my PC into safe mode with networking, reinstalled the software and tried again to download from Netflix, same problem.
            After downloading any program, 99% of the StreamFab installation was deleted.

Downloading videos from YouTube, "The CW" and "Tubi" did not give me any problems.
            I was able to download multiple videos with no errors.
            I checked the StreamFab installation and no files were missing.

To be on the safe side I did a clean install of Windows 11 on my PC and reinstalled StreamFab without any other software.
            Downloading video from Netflix gave the same problem again.

Anyone have ideas how to fix my problem??

Thank you...​

Name:	ERROR1.jpg
Views:	816
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	441555

Name:	ERROR2.jpg
Views:	743
Size:	16.1 KB
ID:	441556

Name:	ERROR3.jpg
Views:	742
Size:	13.9 KB
ID:	441557

Comment

Originally posted by Tallguy297 View Post
              I am having a weird problem with StreamFab 6.1.7.5.

1) Downloading videos from Youtube - OK.
              2) Downloading TV Series/Movies from "The CW" - OK.
              3) Downloading TV Series/Movies from "Tubi" - OK.
              4) Downloading TV Series/Movies from Netflix - OK if downloading only 1 episode or 1 movie.
              Select more than 1 episode of a TV series gives an error.
              Exiting and relaunching StreamFab gives file missing errors.

I checked the installation of StreamFab and just over 99% of the files have been deleted.
              I checked my PC for viruses using Windows Defender and Malware AntiMalWare professional.
              The report stated that there were no viruses or malware.
              I rebooted my PC into safe mode with networking, reinstalled the software and tried again to download from Netflix, same problem.
              After downloading any program, 99% of the StreamFab installation was deleted.

Downloading videos from YouTube, "The CW" and "Tubi" did not give me any problems.
              I was able to download multiple videos with no errors.
              I checked the StreamFab installation and no files were missing.

To be on the safe side I did a clean install of Windows 11 on my PC and reinstalled StreamFab without any other software.
              Downloading video from Netflix gave the same problem again.

Anyone have ideas how to fix my problem??

Thank you...​

Name:	ERROR1.jpg
Views:	816
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	441555

Name:	ERROR2.jpg
Views:	743
Size:	16.1 KB
ID:	441556

Name:	ERROR3.jpg
Views:	742
Size:	13.9 KB
ID:	441557
              did you try clearing your cookies & cache ??

Comment

"did you try clearing your cookies & cache ??"
                Are you serious?? Did you read the complete post??

What would clearing the cookies and cache do if half the program has been deleted??

Comment

Tallguy297

I was able to recreate this. There is no good way to fix. It's not antivirus or Malwarebytes.
                  The only way that seemed to work with Netflix was to put one title at a time into cue.
                  I know this is totally unacceptable for series tv, but I had trouble with movies, so I just added one at a time.
                  Once I get an error, I have to shut down StreamFab and uninstall it, then I use the offline installer to install it again.
                  Simply installing to replace missing files did not work for me.
                  Again I finally gave up, I am currently working on other things.

I am not sure if there is a previous version that does work with Netflix. If you do know of one, then try that.

Comment

Originally posted by Stan001 View Post
                    Tallguy297

I was able to recreate this. There is no good way to fix. It's not antivirus or Malwarebytes.
                    The only way that seemed to work with Netflix was to put one title at a time into cue.
                    I know this is totally unacceptable for series tv, but I had trouble with movies, so I just added one at a time.
                    Once I get an error, I have to shut down StreamFab and uninstall it, then I use the offline installer to install it again.
                    Simply installing to replace missing files did not work for me.
                    Again I finally gave up, I am currently working on other things.

I am not sure if there is a previous version that does work with Netflix. If you do know of one, then try that.
                    Not anymore. I have version 6.1.6.6 installed on my computer which uses the Netflix mobile interface. Worked perfectly fine for old contents prior to the DRM change. I haven't download anything from Netflix for a couple of weeks because I already got everything I wanted (old ones anyway; waiting for the "true" fix for new contents). Today I fired up Streamfab Netflix, it's still in mobile, but when I try to parse a video it gave me the "unable to analyze video" or something like that, then logged me out of my Netflix account.Tried again with a different title and the same thing happened.

Comment

Originally posted by theresay View Post

Not anymore. I have version 6.1.6.6 installed on my computer which uses the Netflix mobile interface. Worked perfectly fine for old contents prior to the DRM change. I haven't download anything from Netflix for a couple of weeks because I already got everything I wanted (old ones anyway; waiting for the "true" fix for new contents). Today I fired up Streamfab Netflix, it's still in mobile, but when I try to parse a video it gave me the "unable to analyze video" or something like that, then logged me out of my Netflix account.Tried again with a different title and the same thing happened.
                      v6.1.7.5 is using the PC Interface but they finally wised up and don't force a browser back command. That means you can now scan individual episodes in the PC Interface.

It will also download content prior to Jan 25th in Full HD. Stuff from after that is re-encode.
                      How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

Hi Everyone,
                        I have written 2 simple programs to temporarily fix the problem I have been facing
                        in regard to downloading multiple TV Series or Movies with Netflix using StreamFab 6.1.7.5.

One utility grants full permissions to the directory where StreamFab is installed.

The other utility will set the deny delete security flag on all files and directories for administrators, users & everyone.
                        This means if you try and delete a file you will get "FOLDER ACCESS DENIED" dialog.
                        Please let me know if these utilities work for you.

Hopefully this problem will be fixed in the next release.

Please PM me if interested and I will send you a link.

Thank you...​

Name:	DENIED.jpg
Views:	573
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	441611

Comment

They have a lot of balls advertising the latest 6.1.7.5 update as having 1080p and Atmos and the fastest speeds. What a bunch of bullsh_t

​​​​​​​

Click image for larger version  Name:	Fab lies.jpg Views:	0 Size:	95.5 KB ID:	441629
                          Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

The long processing times seen now is re-encoding. Something I can't tolerate as I didn't pay for that. I know for a fact this is not necessary and barely qualifies as a band-aid fix.

The claims above and found elsewhere on dvdfab.cn are a very sore subject for me. I could spend literally hours, no days contradicting those erroneous claims, and I HAVE. If they want to push that issue I'll be their huckleberry.

Secondly I realize you were trying to troubleshoot but I would not want to re-install my OS just to make one program work. In particular with the track record this software has. The issues are not tied to the OS in this case. I actually have 7 different versions on my system so I can confirm issues others bring up. And yes, I know how to switch between versions with zero impact.

One of the things I hate about Win10/11 is extremely restrictive User Account Control, even for an admin in particular with file and folder permissions. Be careful toying with file/folder permissions and ownership with Win10/11 as it can break things, in particular if the owner is TrustedInstaller. Change file/folder permissions to give yourself Modify permissions so you clear leftover folder contents but I would not suggest taking ownership or the uninstaller or other things may be affected.

Just to be clear in case there is any confusion deleting browser cookies and cache aren't going to help with SF however deleting the Log and Temp folder in Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab accomplishes the same thing.
                            An intentional omission is still a lie.

Win8=WTF? Win8.1=Not helping. Win10=Pastel Pansy City. Win11=Did I buy a Macintrash? Win12=MacinRehashed

Comment

Originally posted by Tallguy297 View Post
                              Hi Everyone,
                              I have written 2 simple programs to temporarily fix the problem I have been facing
                              in regard to downloading multiple TV Series or Movies with Netflix using StreamFab 6.1.7.5.

One utility grants full permissions to the directory where StreamFab is installed.

The other utility will set the deny delete security flag on all files and directories for administrators, users & everyone.
                              This means if you try and delete a file you will get "FOLDER ACCESS DENIED" dialog.
                              Please let me know if these utilities work for you.

Hopefully this problem will be fixed in the next release.

Please PM me if interested and I will send you a link.

Thank you...​

Name:	DENIED.jpg
Views:	573
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	441611
                              Right click on the folder and choose run as Administrator.
                              Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Originally posted by NewMelle View Post
                                The long processing times seen now is re-encoding. Something I can't tolerate as I didn't pay for that. I know for a fact this is not necessary and barely qualifies as a band-aid fix.
                                An option to turn on/off this RE-ENCONDING situation should be able to. Anyway, anystream is ahead in the game, just start using that app.

Comment

Working...
                                X