Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was length of DRM crack time for previous changes ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am referring to free movies available on YouTube movies.

If it's just a regular video, I would just use yt-dlp to download.

Comment

Originally posted by AllNight View Post
      Just FYI, I've noticed recently that free YouTube encrypted movies are only available up to 480p in browser, although they are 1080p in the YouTube for TVs app (Roku, etc.). I've tested this in the latest Chrome. So that is not StreamFab's fault.
      You are correct. YouTube free/paid movies are DRM protected. Some of them require Widevine L1 for the playback and licensing of higher qualities (HD/FHD/UHD). (The same policy applies to the Google Play movies too.)

Comment

What is going on with the StreamFab Reddit group? They seem to be completely OK with StreamFab now being a screen recorder. Anyone pointing out that StreamFab isn't supposed to be a screen recorder has their post removed due to being "rumor or misinformation". WTF?!?

Comment

Reddit IS "rumor or misinformation". I put about as much credence in posts there as I do Quora. I've read some of that subReddit. Stupid is much like a highly contagious rapidly progressing short incubation virus. The more time you spend around it the greater the chance you'll contract it. The effects and symptoms are reversible if caught very early on but that is quite a small window and symptoms can quickly become permanent.

Comment

I know the will ban you from the group if you say anything about StreamFab problems and emphatically say it is "misinformation".

Comment

Most are likely Flat-Earthers and wear tinfoil hats.

Comment

What is going on with the StreamFab Reddit group? They seem to be completely OK with StreamFab now being a screen recorder. Anyone pointing out that StreamFab isn't supposed to be a screen recorder has their post removed due to being "rumor or misinformation". WTF?!?
                The guy who runs it, twhiting9275 is a corn dog asshole. He was banned from this forum a long time ago by the Fab moderator. So he started his own Fab forum on Redditt, he is a tool and now he thinks he has control. He is argumentative and should never be allowed to Moderate anything but a children's group. He doesn't discuss anything, all he is is a rude asswipe.
                Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

That explains a lot. Thanks.

Comment

Probably depends on when you purchased the product. If I remember correctly, the original version (ignoring product names) was a screen recorder of some sort. That being said, if someone purchased Streamfab in the past couple of years, there was probably nothing mentioned about screen recording, or the screen recorder version was called "Fab Downloader" and non screen recorder was called Streamfab (I can't remember what caused the name change)

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post
                      The guy who runs it, twhiting9275 is a corn dog asshole. He was banned from this forum a long time ago by the Fab moderator. So he started his own Fab forum on Redditt, he is a tool and now he thinks he has control. He is argumentative and should never be allowed to Moderate anything but a children's group. He doesn't discuss anything, all he is is a rude asswipe.

Agreed. The moderator there will remove your post for "false information" any time you post something they disagree with. I mentioned that StreamFab uses a version yt-dlp (youtube_dl) in the back ground on some modules and got my post removed for mis-information. You can see this by the error messages you get sometimes as it references the open-source software. They even went as far as to prevent me from future posts. The person is on a power trip.

Comment

Kinda sounds like his "boys" haven't dropped yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post
                          It's like this, I just read a post there, and the content of the post is:
                          The latest version can't detect DRM protected videos . If the video is not DRM protected, it is detected by SF, but download doesnt start then. Is there a way to turn back to older versions ? I am very regretful that I updated the version. It is not misinformation, but the post was locked somehow.

This is the response from Twihiting9275:
                          False
                          Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, CW, Disney, Paramount.... All work FINE.
                          Amazon requires a recode, as does Netflix, on anything after January 24
                          Disney DOES appear to have issues with at least one newer episode
                          To claim
                          The latest version can't detect DRM protected videos
                          ​though, is just a blatant lie

So? That still doesn’t mean that SF cant detest or download DRM protected videos
                          I swear, people need to just chill the fuck out. They KNOW these issues exist and they’re working on it ! To blatantly lie and say “it doesn’t download DRM videos is not going to get anything fixed any faster

I download added The Crown s6 with this version just fine, and fallout just dandy
                          Fallout took a bit to re encode but it worked
                          It may be your specs

I am certain that Twihiting9275 is a fanatic believer in streamfab!

Comment

Originally posted by hizbf View Post

It's like this, I just read a post there, and the content of the post is:
                            The latest version can't detect DRM protected videos . If the video is not DRM protected, it is detected by SF, but download doesnt start then. Is there a way to turn back to older versions ? I am very regretful that I updated the version. It is not misinformation, but the post was locked somehow.

This is the response from Twihiting9275:
                            False
                            Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, CW, Disney, Paramount.... All work FINE.
                            Amazon requires a recode, as does Netflix, on anything after January 24
                            Disney DOES appear to have issues with at least one newer episode
                            To claim
                            The latest version can't detect DRM protected videos
                            ​though, is just a blatant lie

So? That still doesn’t mean that SF cant detest or download DRM protected videos
                            I swear, people need to just chill the fuck out. They KNOW these issues exist and they’re working on it ! To blatantly lie and say “it doesn’t download DRM videos is not going to get anything fixed any faster

I download added The Crown s6 with this version just fine, and fallout just dandy
                            Fallout took a bit to re encode but it worked
                            It may be your specs

I am certain that Twihiting9275 is a fanatic believer in streamfab!

older versions can be found in the member center
                            at the top of the forum.

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

older versions can be found in the member center
                              at the top of the forum.
                              That is if you paid the $9.99 extortion money to be able to download older versions. At the top of this forum if the link points to download.php it downloads the latest version only. jpp72 cleaned up the update posts at the top of the forum as they most or all downloaded the latest version and not the version mentioned.

Comment

What is going on with the StreamFab Reddit group?
                                Many in that group were either banned from the official forum, are using pirated copies so really can't submit tickets/feedback, and/or even some who don't know Reddit isn't an official support outlet.

They seem to be completely OK with StreamFab now being a screen recorder. Anyone pointing out that StreamFab isn't supposed to be a screen recorder has their post removed due to being "rumor or misinformation". WTF?!?
                                Technically when DVDFab DRM Video Downloader launched in 2019, and when I purchased in 2020, it did do stream recording. For example Netflix and Disney+ were limited to 1x and 2x playback speed, and AAC 2 channel audio. Although Disney+ was 1080p because of it. I had made a post back then of my experiences with each "downloader module" and their limits. I can't find that post, but if I recall correctly, several that were 1x/2x playback at first.

It was as DVDFab Downloader/StreamFab aged and grew, that it eventually became a true downloader for all the modules.

[flame suit on!!]

As for "screen recording" in the current iteration, is SF working like Snag-It, AudialsOne, etc. where it literally plays and records at the same time? If no, that could be why there is objection to calling it screen recording. But explaining the difference, rather that deleting posts, would be more appropriate.

Its original intent was to be a way to download and manage your digital copies without DRM. And to be honest, with the exception of several bugs, it still does it, even though it has regressed and is not working anywhere near as good as during its heyday. A simplistic view of StreamFab is that its intent was/is to look at a web site, determine a link to the video files, ​download them, removing the DRM in the process, so that you have a local copy for your own personal use. For the most part, it still does, although how it removes the DRM has changed several times over its life, not always for the better.

As much as we like to rail on FAB and SF, this DRM situation, bugs of not recognizing series, etc. truth of the matter is.... this is a cat and mouse game. Any change to the streaming service web site, even if its not DRM related, can break SF. And of course, DRM is in place to prevent downloading and freely copying/play back, so the streaming services want that to be strong. So yes, as streaming services change/update DRM, it will likely keep getting harder and harder to bypass/break the DRM.

[/flame suit off!] (and not so much in response to AllNight, but more back on the original topic of length of time to crack DRM)...

All that being said... I've been a Fab user, with DVDFab and its parts as well as Passkey, for a long time. I purchased my Lifetime license for DVDFab Downloader in late Dec 2020, and have experienced the product's iterations. The decline in service, support, maintenance, fixes, from FAB, at least around StreamFab, is real.

I don't know what happened, and why FAB is having such a tough time with DRM and StreamFab, considering the Fox had fixed DRM (Netflix being their only limit at the moment) on their product within a few days, or a week tops. And while there have been some minor issues pop-up since, the Fox has been able to tamp them down quickly. Yet, Fab could only manage to implement a sub-par work around, and even then still has issues!?!?!. That more than just frustrates me! I don't know why FAB continues to have many non-DRM related bugs that go unfixed. That too has rubbed me the wrong way.

Hopefully you can see I'm not trying to diminish anyone's anger at the situation. I am just as angry, frustrated, ticked off, disappointed, etc. as anyone here. I have hoped, and still do hope, Fab fixes SF, both DRM and Bugs, sooner rather than later, but as I've said before, I've been losing/lost hope. ​

Comment

Working...
                                X