Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was length of DRM crack time for previous changes ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hizbf View Post
    I am certain that Twihiting9275 is a fanatic believer in streamfab!

This person was banned from this forum, hence why they (not sure gender, so using they), started the Reddit group for SF. Also not liked in the AS forum and was spoken to harshly by Fox mod, so hates the mod's attitude, which is why they also started an AS reddit group.

I would say, based on comments in both reddit sections, yes, fanatic behavior towards SF, and hatred towards AS due to one forum mod.

To be honest, that Fox mod can be harsh in their forum, and was rude to me several times in their forum, but later PM'd me to apologize and we ended up having great discussions.

Comment

Originally posted by KidJoe View Post
      The decline in service, support, maintenance, fixes, from FAB, at least around StreamFab, is real.

I don't know why FAB continues to have many non-DRM related bugs that go unfixed. That too has rubbed me the wrong way.
      Cats4U and myself have tried to explain this and other better ways of running the biz and it has NEVER sunk in. It is truly frustrating. There is a bug that has been there since the addition of the output template that i know for a fact should only take 5 minutes to fix and yet stays unaddressed. I was waiting for this week's release to see if it was fixed and if it wasn't, i was gonna turn in my moderator hat but alas, nothing was released this week.

I even told him that i would quit if he didn't bring back the Netflix Android interface and fix the output template but i didn't even get an acknowledgement.

He did make it so you can analyze individual Netflix episodes in the full PC interface but didn't even tell me or put it in the release notes. So i delayed my quitting until seeing the version for this week but i guess it'll have to wait until next week.

Side note:

For those OG pirates like me, you may remember the heydays of DirecTV piracy where the gold standard was PGM's Emulator Cards and the various iterations of the T-Card & Battery Card.

In 2004, DirecTV disabled all H/HU Cards and introduced the P4 card. This card has never had a public hack.

I kinda feel like Netflix is in that same realm. They were able to secure what can be downloaded via a browser and right now only professional release groups have the means of ripping Netflix stuff because they most probably use hardware to get the keys.

If you wanna reminisce, here are the histories of the H/HU Card and Battery Card
      How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

I'm unable to use SF any more due to the audio bugs and painfully long processing times. Do I hope SF will dig themselves out of this mess? Sure! But like others my faith has dwindled to next to nothing. AS may also have it's obstacles and limitations but they don't impact me at the moment.

Reddit? Kindof like going to McDonald's for Baskin and Robin ice cream. Basically pointless. Let them have their little party. Those who heed their advice will likely wind up here and sadly will have learned a hard lesson. A proper assessment requires more than one source and Reddit can hardly be considered a trusted source. For example Stack Overflow, Trustpilot or Super User are trusted sources. Facebook, Twitter and Reddit are NOT. Bias, baseless opinions and misinformation run rampant on all three.
        An intentional omission is still a lie.

Win8=WTF? Win8.1=Not helping. Win10=Pastel Pansy City. Win11=Did I buy a Macintrash? Win12=MacinRehashed

Comment

Many in that group were either banned from the official forum, are using pirated copies so really can't submit tickets/feedback, and/or even some who don't know Reddit isn't an official support outlet.
          Some are just too stupid to know how to work CAPTCHA to get on this forum. It's all automated, even the changing of your status label (New Member, Member, etc.) Pass the captcha and you are in.

Comment

Originally posted by KidJoe View Post
            Many in that group were either banned from the official forum, are using pirated copies so really can't submit tickets/feedback, and/or even some who don't know Reddit isn't an official support outlet.

Technically when DVDFab DRM Video Downloader launched in 2019, and when I purchased in 2020, it did do stream recording. For example Netflix and Disney+ were limited to 1x and 2x playback speed, and AAC 2 channel audio. Although Disney+ was 1080p because of it. I had made a post back then of my experiences with each "downloader module" and their limits. I can't find that post, but if I recall correctly, several that were 1x/2x playback at first.

It was as DVDFab Downloader/StreamFab aged and grew, that it eventually became a true downloader for all the modules.

[flame suit on!!]

As for "screen recording" in the current iteration, is SF working like Snag-It, AudialsOne, etc. where it literally plays and records at the same time? If no, that could be why there is objection to calling it screen recording. But explaining the difference, rather that deleting posts, would be more appropriate.

Its original intent was to be a way to download and manage your digital copies without DRM. And to be honest, with the exception of several bugs, it still does it, even though it has regressed and is not working anywhere near as good as during its heyday. A simplistic view of StreamFab is that its intent was/is to look at a web site, determine a link to the video files, ​download them, removing the DRM in the process, so that you have a local copy for your own personal use. For the most part, it still does, although how it removes the DRM has changed several times over its life, not always for the better.

As much as we like to rail on FAB and SF, this DRM situation, bugs of not recognizing series, etc. truth of the matter is.... this is a cat and mouse game. Any change to the streaming service web site, even if its not DRM related, can break SF. And of course, DRM is in place to prevent downloading and freely copying/play back, so the streaming services want that to be strong. So yes, as streaming services change/update DRM, it will likely keep getting harder and harder to bypass/break the DRM.

[/flame suit off!] (and not so much in response to AllNight, but more back on the original topic of length of time to crack DRM)...

All that being said... I've been a Fab user, with DVDFab and its parts as well as Passkey, for a long time. I purchased my Lifetime license for DVDFab Downloader in late Dec 2020, and have experienced the product's iterations. The decline in service, support, maintenance, fixes, from FAB, at least around StreamFab, is real.

I don't know what happened, and why FAB is having such a tough time with DRM and StreamFab, considering the Fox had fixed DRM (Netflix being their only limit at the moment) on their product within a few days, or a week tops. And while there have been some minor issues pop-up since, the Fox has been able to tamp them down quickly. Yet, Fab could only manage to implement a sub-par work around, and even then still has issues!?!?!. That more than just frustrates me! I don't know why FAB continues to have many non-DRM related bugs that go unfixed. That too has rubbed me the wrong way.

Hopefully you can see I'm not trying to diminish anyone's anger at the situation. I am just as angry, frustrated, ticked off, disappointed, etc. as anyone here. I have hoped, and still do hope, Fab fixes SF, both DRM and Bugs, sooner rather than later, but as I've said before, I've been losing/lost hope. ​
            Fengtao left the company in 2019 and has been going downhill since then

This is an excerpt from what a forum friend said on this forum​:

He wasn't all that, he couldn't prevent what is happening now and stop it. As a matter of fact, he was still the HMFIC when the DVD fab movie server was deep sink. You see no trail of that in the forum now, it was wiped clean, you can still google it to get into that forum, but you have to know it was even every there. There were some good customers that were part of that forum and at $300-$325 each for one movie server some had bought not one but two and three to watch throughout their house, talking about getting burnt and not caring, this is what it is. I was a beta tester for the movie server because it was getting jacked up with every software change just like SF (sounds familiar) and that was understandable because it wasn't hard to figure out that you had a software company selling a hardware product (sounds familiar). They tried to fix it by having beta testers to report to the new product manager (Ting) directly to rewrite the software and report on it before it being released, yes, they do and did have that ability. He was good and was doing a good job in completely revamping and rewriting the software, I would say it was almost coming up to speed and out of the blue he disappears mid-way before finishing his project. I asked what happened and where was he at, and my response from Wilson Wang was he was moved to a different department. That is some shi$t no company does that, moving a product manager off a job before the end of a project. Never saw what department he was moved to, think it was just a bunch of scuttlebutt. They can fix this, but I don't see them wanting too or it's going to happen with past experience. It might be worst now with this but marginally at that! If it's business as usually, jump ship very soon because its already too late.

You do know you do not have to join the AnyStream forum if you don't want to, you can still read everything and most likely your question will already have been asked and answered. I bought their program but I never joined their forum, I read it every day and I find it most interesting they have many IT experts, and all my questions have already been asked and answered. I joined this forum in 2009 when it first started, if most of you don't know, DVDFab started on a forum called cdfreaks.com in 2003, and Redfox was there also. Both programs started their own forums and left cdfreaks.com. Fab in 2009 and Redfox in 2007. They have both been in business since 2003. cdfreaks turned into Myce.com and now doesn't exist anymore. It was a great loss to the community.
            Last edited by hizbf; 05-07-2024, 01:14 AM.

Comment

Fengtao left the company in 2019 and has been going downhill since then

This is an excerpt from what a forum friend said on this forum​:
              I am well aware of what others have said on the situation. Thanks.

If you want to quote someone, its usually best to name them and also link to where their quote exists. https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...873#post441873

Comment

This is an excerpt from what a forum friend said on this forum
                No, "a forum friend" wrote no such thing, and you know it. You've cobbled together two different individuals' unattributed comments to make it appear as if one person is supporting your statement. Seriously, why? Not cool.

Two days ago you had no idea who Fengtao is, yet in the past 48 hours you've not only incorrectly claimed that he's still somehow not only working as SF's "strongest technician," but that he tried and was incapable of cracking the DRM, all because you misinterpreted several people's comments. You're absolutely entitled to your own opinion and I hope you let SF have it for all you're worth in your own words, but IMO there's no need for you to keep incorrectly summarizing other people's opinions and comments as factual reporting when we can already read them for ourselves, you know?
                Last edited by artsunlimited; 05-07-2024, 02:08 PM.

Comment

I love writing to support <3

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-05-08 145528.jpg
Views:	400
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	442116
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Sebastian001 View Post
                    Hello Support, please try actually reading what the latest version 6176 is supposed to fix before you start pushing it as a fix for Amazon and Netflix. That is all.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2024-05-08 10.18.34.png Views:	0 Size:	69.7 KB ID:	442122

Comment

Name:	Screenshot 2024-05-08 145528.jpg
Views:	400
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	442116
                      I love communicating with support...

Comment

I've had more intelligent conversations with the UPS Support Bot.

Win8=WTF? Win8.1=Not helping. Win10=Pastel Pansy City. Win11=Did I buy a Macintrash? Win12=MacinRehashed

Comment

Originally posted by artsunlimited View Post

Hello Support, please try actually reading what the latest version 6176 is supposed to fix before you start pushing it as a fix for Amazon and Netflix. That is all.

Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot 2024-05-08 10.18.34.png Views:	0 Size:	69.7 KB ID:	442122
                          sorry, my translation was incorrect.

Comment

I love communicating with support...

Name:	Screenshot 2024-05-09 144325.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	442188

Comment

I was curious what "in the future" means specifically so I looked it up. The outlook is bleak.

Name:	future_sm.jpg
Views:	319
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	442197

Comment

Working...
                              X