Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Failure to access video" errors or endless analysis...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Failure to access video" errors or endless analysis...

I was fine for a while after the first DRM issue was fixed.Went to use it recently and had an issue with Amazon crashing Streamfab so I did complete uninstall/reinstall. That took care of the crashing part however I am getting the "Failure to access video" errors or endless analysis for all download attempts. This is still an issue preventing me from using Streamfab. Can someone verify if this is a new DRM issue please?

If you are trying tv or shows that have seasons and episodes, your only choice with Amazon is 74.
    If you are doing movies go back to 67 I have no issue with movies plus no forced re-encoding.
    I really don't do many 'newer' movies on Amazon, and the movies before the drm come down in 67 full 1080p and full audio.

If you are ok with the re-encoding, you may want to try 70. I can't confirm this works but seems it's better in many ways than 74.
    74 is a mess. For most other sites, I still use 67.

Sadly, no matter what version, there are ongoing issues with Netflix and Peacock.
    They seem to come and go. Other software is also having issues with one or both Netflix and/or Peacock.

Added: a previous post says they had success with 73 > Download Error 511 with StreamFab 6.1.7.4 - success with 6.1.7.3 - DVDFab Forum

Comment

One thing to note about 6.1.7.4 is most if not all episodic TV comes down AAC 2.0 stereo even if you choose EAC3 5.1 surround. I tested a BUNCH in another thread with those exact results. I can also confirm 6.1.6.7 avoids the horrendously long post processing times of re-encoding for older titles that will come down in 1080p, at least for Amazon anyway. The cutoff is a bit hazy though as I've had a few I was pretty sure were pre-DRM fail on me. I've been using MediaInfo by MediaArea's free utility to verify downloads.
      An intentional omission is still a lie.

Win8=WTF? Win8.1=Not helping. Win10=Pastel Pansy City. Win11=Did I buy a Macintrash? Win12=MacinRehashed

Comment

I can't test nor give opinion on the 'other' program as their 21-day trial ran out, seemed a very quick 21 days.
        I have tested other programs and can confirm the best audio you will get for most things now is AAC 192KBPS.
        This again is mainly focused on Amazon.
        This is out of those programs I could test and again not the 'other' program.
        I think in the end it seems all other programs except maybe the 'other' program are using same or similar methods to some degree to get the video and audio.
        Do to time limitations and limited access to pay sites the only ones for me are Peacock, Netflix and Amazon.
        And Peacock sometimes works most times don't and Netflix don't work at all.

I thankfully do the yearly subscription with streamfab and if not fixed by the time that runs out I can choose not to renew.
        As to the chances of streamfab being fixed RIGHT are slim to none and the next update will give me 100% conviction as to if it will be fixed RIGHT.
        If they do the re-encoding in next version, if one even comes, that will show they to have jumped ship and will get on board the same boat all the programs I tested have.

Sadly there are some shows on Amazon that after break will come back with more to get, and I will get no matter what the sound, as I still do enjoy watching certain ones.
        Now I also did go back to past seasons and do see they downloaded with streamfab in E-AC-3.

I also have to say that as far as DVDfab, and it's 'company' they just took everyone's money and ran.
        Look at dvdfab13 don't work, I still use 12. Does anyone really have success with Unifab?
        It takes them a minimum of 48 hours to answer support tickets and even then you get a short none descriptive reply.
        And it really does seem there is only one person replying to all support requests. As to what developers are left and how many, I am sure that's la low number.
        And it's more than obvious that it's a different developer now then there was. And they can't even get right coping the methods cleverget and other programs are using.
        As cleverget only problem site is Netflix, and can't get any videos right now.
        It's again the sites seem to make continuous changes to mess up most, if not all programs.

When I joined here, to post, after years of just reading, I thought I could add insight or help, but as we all quickly learned they either don't want the help or don't care for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Stan001 View Post
          I can't test nor give opinion on the 'other' program as their 21-day trial ran out, seemed a very quick 21 days.
          I have tested other programs and can confirm the best audio you will get for most things now is AAC 192KBPS.
          This again is mainly focused on Amazon.
          Compared to the measly 3 download trial SF allows I feel 21 days is quite generous, much more than any of the others allow. Each streamer they support is included. And the others? How the heck am I supposed to determine a program's viability with only 5 minutes of video? I took it upon myself to do a head to head comparison of the most popular options out there and posted it and each one presented issues I found completely unacceptable. Some had zero support (well, in light of the current situation should I now consider that an issue?), were ripoffs of each other, failed horribly, hung or crashed completely.

It is painfully obvious that SF is geared towards and aggressively marketed for one thing and one thing only. Maximum profit with minimal effort. So much so untruths appear have become policy and I've proven this time and again. Technically it does do 1080p, IF it doesn't hang or error out and I have also shown the post processing is IMHO unacceptable. Unless of course you enjoy watching creeping progress bars. It would seem EAC3 5.1 is quickly becoming a falsehood as well.

EAC3 5.1 is definitely still available. I grabbed two titles yesterday and both are EAC3 5.1 (No, not with SF). Now with Freevee you'll find many are either E-AC-3 2 channel DD+ or AAC 2.0 stereo but you have to keep in mind it's free. Those I grab, watch, and then usually delete. On rare occasion I will buy it at a higher resolution and often times it is then EAC3 5.1 DD+. I don't expect a free ride.

I'm pretty much done testing and comparing unless a member here can use some backing with an issue, then I am more than happy to back them up. After all, they're in the same sinking boat as I am and there are more holes in that boat than we have fingers. Fengtao would be ashamed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	amazon_eac3_sm.jpg
Views:	549
Size:	25.1 KB
ID:	441392

Win8=WTF? Win8.1=Not helping. Win10=Pastel Pansy City. Win11=Did I buy a Macintrash? Win12=MacinRehashed

Comment

Posted by Stan001
            If you cant tell after 21 days and 31 downloads if you like the competitor's program you are looking for a freebie and no program will be more generous. Its you who are being greedy. People like you won't buy the program
            anyway. The other program has the Amazon audio fixed in all regions but Japan and Australia.
            Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

I am sorry you feel that way. It was not my intention and YES it's a very generous trial. It was just that circumstances happened, which caused it, so I could not really do more than 2 downloads.
              I know if time comes and no other program stands out, there may come a time I do buy a year use of it.
              I know from what I learned here and yes I do read the forum over there as well, I don't really need to test it much.
              I think I was just hoping for other alternatives.

Comment

uninstalled/reinstalled all versions back to 67 and failed with DRM symptoms. Cannot use at all. Can this be verified?
                Attached Files

Comment

I was able to "use" SF 6.1.7.4 "successfully" but there were a few failures and those that didn't had excruciatingly long processing times. The terms "use" and "successfully" are REALATIVE. Oh, and instead of EAC3 5.1 they came down AAC 2.0 stereo as well.

I've had only one issue with the alternative and that I chalk up to Birghtspeed, their i-net access barely qualifies as i-net access. Likely a network error. since then not a single issue.

I am sorry you feel that way. It was not my intention and YES it's a very generous trial. It was just that circumstances happened, which caused it, so I could not really do more than 2 downloads.
                  I think I was just hoping for other alternatives.
                  I don't know what circumstances mitigated downloading only two titles in 21 days but if this is the norm I suspect timing the testing was a bit off. Considering the current situation with SF I was well prepared and ready to fully test the alternative and used up I think all but two of the allotted downloads in that 21 days.

As I mentioned, I tested and compared a handful of the most popular alternatives and all but one went in the trash bin right away. There is a free Amazon downloader but don't expect much. I was unable to get it do anything other than hang.

Something my Dad used to tell me all the time. TANSTAAFL. There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch.​

Comment

Are they even responding even to give updates anymore? No updates in a while, starting to get that erie feeling...

Comment

Where is the LMAO emoji? One of the things many of us are infuriated by is the sheer lack of communication. Zip. Zero. Zilch. The ONLY thing we've gotten when asked about progress is NADA.

Comment

Originally posted by Tazzy1 View Post
                        uninstalled/reinstalled all versions back to 67 and failed with DRM symptoms. Cannot use at all. Can this be verified?
                        From what I could tell between your first post and this one, you have trouble with Amazon. Movies after the newer DRM didn't seem to work unless I used 6174. I tried Roadhouse newest with 6174. Roadhouse does download. I don't bother with movies now, as the re-encoding takes much longer than it should.

Comment

From what I could tell between your first post and this one, you have trouble with Amazon. Movies after the newer DRM didn't seem to work unless I used 6174. I tried Roadhouse newest with 6174. Roadhouse does download. I don't bother with movies now, as the re-encoding takes much longer than it should.
                          Did you look at the audio on Roadhouse? The other program downloads 640kbp/s, Stream Fab, not even close.

Comment

Originally posted by NewMelle View Post
                            Where is the LMAO emoji? One of the things many of us are infuriated by is the sheer lack of communication. Zip. Zero. Zilch. The ONLY thing we've gotten when asked about progress is NADA.
                            Why should they even respond to you, they already have your money, its the newbies that they respond to with big reviews and discounts and all kinds of communication. They live well with your money in their pockets.

Comment

I use a free program called MediaInfo by MediaArea to view the video details which also displays the audio properties. They have a portable version and it can add a shortcut in the context menu if you use it as much as I do.Especially these days. ​ You might be surprised if you start checking the downloads you've done with 6.1.7.4.

Comment

Working...
                              X