This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can someone update the FEB 24th flag at the start please

I am getting more and more down to see an unchanged flag at the start - we're 3 months from when DRM change occurred.

The Techs etc may well be doing something, claims have been made - and turn out to be false

Here's a new idea - how about a weekly update - on a Flag at the start - but for goodness sake - UPDATE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Peter

Why change it? It represents the true status of the program as it stands now if you continue to use either version 6.1.6.1 or 6.1.6.7 which do not use re-encoding (CleverGet method). Both Jack and I strenuously advised against using any version that uses the CleverGet method for any module download. Using the CleverGet method has caused many more problems on top of the DRM change issue and has yet to crack a single DRM key and brought StreamFab back to the direct streaming download method that you paid an enormous amount of money for. Unfortunately, it appears to be human nature for the vast majority of users here to behave like lemmings and install any piece of crap that the company puts out with the word "update" on it, even when the update has nothing in it to fix their problem and in facts makes it worse.

Comment

Tell you what, you want the absolutely latest weekly update? Here it is, straight from StreamFab's Project Manager, Wilson.Wang.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-04-25 4.05.45 AM.png
Views:	508
Size:	16.3 KB
ID:	441425

Comment

Originally posted by Du pete View Post
        I am getting more and more down to see an unchanged flag at the start - we're 3 months from when DRM change occurred.

The Techs etc may well be doing something, claims have been made - and turn out to be false

Here's a new idea - how about a weekly update - on a Flag at the start - but for goodness sake - UPDATE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Peter
        Update it with what exactly? You want me to change the date? Or you prefer i point out it's STILL a clusterfuck? Should i remove the list of what's working and what's not so that people who just found the forum can start posting questions about this not working and that not working?

Maybe you want a DRM status per version?

v6.1.6.1: Oh shit, DRM change
        v6.1.6.2: You can now download all things prior to Jan 25th
        v6.1.6.3: DRM Not Fixed
        v6.1.6.4: DRM Not Fixed
        v6.1.6.5: DRM Not Fixed
        v6.1.6.6: Some DRM fixes for obscure streamers
        v6.1.6.7: DRM Not Fixed
        v6.1.6.8: Amazon high-speed recording mode, DRM Not Fixed
        v6.1.6.9: Same shit, different version, DRM Not Fixed
        v6.1.7.0: Same shit, different version, DRM Not Fixed
        v6.1.7.1: Same shit, different version, DRM Not Fixed
        v6.1.7.2: Same shit, different version, DRM Not Fixed
        v6.1.7.3: Same shit, different version, DRM Not Fixed
        v6.1.7.4: Same shit, different version, DRM Not Fixed

There! is that better?
        How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

Peter
          How about just reading the one thats up there, nothing has changed.
          Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

I won't mention & cant but there are other programs out there that are working..time to jump on there bandwagon for a fix..very slow to the game

Comment

Originally posted by jpp72 View Post
              Or you prefer i point out it's STILL a clusterfuck?
              LMAO! You have no idea how many times I wanted to use that word. Thank you!

Originally posted by jpp72 View Post
              v6.1.6.1: Oh shit, DRM change
              v6.1.6.2: You can now download all things prior to Jan 25th
              v6.1.6.3: DRM Not Fixed
              v6.1.6.4: DRM Not Fixed
              v6.1.6.5: DRM Not Fixed
              v6.1.6.6: Some DRM fixes for obscure streamers
              v6.1.6.7: DRM Not Fixed
              v6.1.6.8: Amazon high-speed recording mode, DRM Not Fixed
              v6.1.6.9: Same shit, different version, DRM Not Fixed
              v6.1.7.0: Same shit, different version, DRM Not Fixed
              v6.1.7.1: Same shit, different version, DRM Not Fixed
              v6.1.7.2: Same shit, different version, DRM Not Fixed
              v6.1.7.3: Same shit, different version, DRM Not Fixed
              v6.1.7.4: Same shit, different version, DRM Not Fixed
              With each new release one thing is fixed and two more things break as a result. In light of this maintaining the list in the banner could easily become a full time job. Fixes and fuckups are happening so fast any more there is simply no way to keep up. You would think Amazon, Netflix, Max and Peacock would be a priority as they are among the most popular. Re-encoding is NOT a fix. Barely a band-aid. High speed downloading? They're kidding, right?

I have to give credit where credit is due. SF in its current (and continuous) state pushed me in another direction and as a result my stress levels have dropped. It may have cost me $12x.xx but at least I'm not wasting all my time fighting with broken software. It's says a lot when the only time I run SF now is to confirm an issue another member has posted (otherwise it gets buried or worse ignored) or to disprove empty claims that could lure unsuspecting customers into purchasing a mistake.

An intentional omission is still a lie.

Win8=WTF? Win8.1=Not helping. Win10=Pastel Pansy City. Win11=Did I buy a Macintrash? Win12=MacinRehashed

Comment

I sense your frustration with the current state of affairs. As you can tell from the responses you have received, all users, including the volunteer mods, are is frustrated, angry, and [insert your own expletive here] too.

Unfortunately, the status of the DRM issues hasn't changed, so why should the banner? What update would you like to see? something like "the issues still continue...." but that would be implied by the banner remaining unchanged.

Peter
                The forum mods were sharing information of what they were being told by the developers, including timelines, and it all turned out to be false. All the more reason to not change the banner until AFTER a fix or change can be verified by the community of users actually using the app.

So again, what would be the reason to change the banner when its describing the DRM issues along with what to expect, and none of that has changed?

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post

How about just reading the one thats up there, nothing has changed.
                  As far as progress I couldn't agree more. That list is getting so old the paint is fading.

New issues are cropping up as well such as the EAC3 to AAC audio downgrade for Amazon. They boast EAC3 5.1 but several of us have pointed out and confirmed this issue. I can say from experience this is for the most part specific to SF. I've seen a number of posts about Netflix and Peacock login issues and users being logged out abruptly and unceremoniously.

There is no feasible way Jack could keep that list current if the list includes things broken with each "fix" or new issues that we know will go to the very back of a very long queue.
                  An intentional omission is still a lie.

Win8=WTF? Win8.1=Not helping. Win10=Pastel Pansy City. Win11=Did I buy a Macintrash? Win12=MacinRehashed

Comment

I have already accepted the fact that nothing is going to be fixed. I wish they would prove me to be wrong. But after months of promises and failed updates the future of this program is in serious doubt. As I said, I got my money's worth, its just sad for new users.
                    Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Working...
                    X