No announcement yet.

6.1.7.4 Handling of audio and subtitles when reencoding video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

StreamFab for Windows 6.1.7.4 Handling of audio and subtitles when reencoding video

With the episode enumeration change in the Amazon interface, I had to install 6.1.7.4 on my laptop. I was curious if episodes that downloaded at 540p from Amazon with 6.1.6.7 were affected by the DRM change, so I downloaded them again with 6.1.7.4. Yes, the 540p with 6.1.6.7 was due to DRM, as with 6.1.7.4, they downloaded in 1080p with reencoding. Incidentally, these episodes were not new: apparently some older episodes get the new DRM treatment. In the series The Expanse, 4 of 46 episodes in the first 4 seasons have been touched by the new DRM. But back to the topic...

When reencoding 1080p video due to DRM, version 6.1.7.4 downloads AAC audio even though version 6.1.6.7 is able to download EAC3 audio with the 540p video. Version 6.1.7.4 fails to download subtitles even though version 6.1.6.7 is able to download subtitles with the 540p video. Why can't 6.1.7.4 download the selected audio and subtitles when it is reencoding video protected with the new DRM?

The AAC auidio issue has been brought up by others over the last days as well. MrGrackle posted about it and I did a test of three different episodic TV episodes with 6.1.7.4 just to confirm. All had EAC3 5.1 selected in the download settings. All three came down AAC stereo. SF for me is completely useless now. And I refuse to put up with re-encoding processing times. Not when there is a way to get 1080p with EAC3 5.1 and zero post processing.

Tried it with several different episodes, am not getting 5.1 audio like I should for the show. In the example of the attached log, the show has a making of feature listed as the first available stream, so I have Episode 1 paused, which is a 5.1 audio available episode. If I did not pause the first episode, we all know that SF
    An intentional omission is still a lie.

Win8=WTF? Win8.1=Not helping. Win10=Pastel Pansy City. Win11=Did I buy a Macintrash? Win12=MacinRehashed

Comment

Working...
    X