This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slottedpig View Post

Do you think fab actually cracked the DRM or they purchased it from RF? What worries me is if they purchased it because in such case this DL mode being restored is temporary unless they also purchase the talent to continue to crack new DRM versions.
    What I hope happened is that they finally listened to me and fired the existing developer and hired one or more cryptographically knowledgeable developers. Like I said many times, there is probably a kid that just graduated from a prestigious university somewhere with a Computer Science undergraduate or graduate degree that had already cracked the Widevine and/or PlayReady DRM in his dorm months ago. He's sitting home, depressed, because he can't find a job yet. And what about all those programmers that have been fired lately from all the tech giants?
    I've tried a crystal ball, tea leaves, and a Ouija board, but none of them tell me exactly what is going on. So, I'm in the dark, just like everybody else.

Comment

Do you think Fab cracked the DRM or did they purchase it from RF?
      It seems convenient that Redfox disappears and Fab comes up with a crack for Playready 8 hours after they went down. If it were a domain issue or even an internet issue or a server issue, they would have been back already. My view and I may be wrong is that they couldn't accept credit cards because they weren't a company. They were a project. They were located where the authorities could shut them down. Fab is not. They reached out to Fab and offered them the Playready fix and the Half-fixed Netflix solution for a price. We will know if this is true in a month or so when this Playready fix is revoked, and they don't have the Redfox developer to bail them out.
      Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post

What I hope happened is that they finally listened to me and fired the existing developer and hired one or more cryptographically knowledgeable developers. Like I said many times, there is probably a kid that just graduated from a prestigious university somewhere with a Computer Science undergraduate or graduate degree that had already cracked the Widevine and/or PlayReady DRM in his dorm months ago. He's sitting home, depressed, because he can't find a job yet. And what about all those programmers that have been fired lately from all the tech giants?
        I've tried a crystal ball, tea leaves, and a Ouija board, but none of them tell me exactly what is going on. So, I'm in the dark, just like everybody else.
        My sources are equally unhelpful.

Click image for larger version  Name:	magic-8-ball.png Views:	0 Size:	75.1 KB ID:	443758

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post
          It seems convenient that Redfox disappears and Fab comes up with a crack for Playready 8 hours after they went down. If it were a domain issue or even an internet issue or a server issue, they would have been back already. My view and I may be wrong is that they couldn't accept credit cards because they weren't a company. They were a project. They were located where the authorities could shut them down. Fab is not. They reached out to Fab and offered them the Playready fix and the Half-fixed Netflix solution for a price. We will know if this is true in a month or so when this Playready fix is revoked, and they don't have the Redfox developer to bail them out.
          or did the redfox dev also tell them to keep in touch and if you pay me per diem i will continue to crack these things for you? all speculation until we know whats going on.

Comment

or did the redfox dev also tell them to keep in touch and if you pay me per diem i will continue to crack these things for you? all speculation until we know whats going on.
            Give it 2 months and when you see the Playready DRM revoked, and a new one has to be installed, if they have it I will be very surprised. You better download 24hours a day until this Playready gets revoked, and then (I believe) it's over.
            Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post

Give it 2 months and when you see the Playready DRM revoked, and a new one has to be installed, if they have it I will be very surprised. You better download 24hours a day until this Playready gets revoked, and then (I believe) it's over.
              A month. You don't sound very optimistic...

Well, you've been saying the whole time that they'll never crack it. It works again no matter how they solved it.​

Comment

Have you ever thought about what would happen if Fab had cracked the DRM 4-5 weeks earlier? That jpp72 would still be a moderator and Cats4U would maybe still be half...

Oh Cats, your wife didn't say to look under 6181 to see what they've updated? hehe​

Comment

Originally posted by Sebastian001 View Post
                  Have you ever thought about what would happen if Fab had cracked the DRM 4-5 weeks earlier? That jpp72 would still be a moderator and Cats4U would maybe still be half...

Oh Cats, your wife didn't say to look under 6181 to see what they've updated? hehe​
                  right but the point is that if they did purchase from redfox and didnt get the devs as well then in a few months time this software will be broken again. Heres hoping they DIDNT purchase it from RF and they cracked it themselves.

Comment

I am surprised that SF did crack drm on Amazon and suspicious of Netflix because it's only a handful of new movies.
                    Also weird they can't get Peacock as that's one of the easiest next to Amazon. It's just sad those who figured out peacock won't share their methods, but all say it's easy.
                    It also sucks you need 6167 to get older stuff in Peacock right when you can get it to work, as newer versions on old stuff only get AAC sound.

Comment

does anyone know how often amazon changes their DRM? is it months? once a year? twice a year?

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post

It is not what happened. After some "Reverse Engineering" processes, I can confirm that StreamFab has cracked the ChromeCDM version 4.10.2710.0. The method which is implemented is exactly the same as when they cracked the previous versions 4.10.2449.0/4.10.2557.0. I am 100% sure the person behind who cracked this version is same because of the implemented "wv_cvt" method. It is just that this version was way too harder to crack (the obfuscations methods and the functions related to license requests signing/session key decrypting processes in the version 2710 was changed) and that is why it took them this much time. You have to give at least a little bit credit for StreamFab. Afterall they still managed to crack it. You really wouldn't understand how hard it actually is. In the future, cracking the ChromeCDM is just going to be more harder and it will take more time.

Also I can confirm that this solution has nothing to do with AnyStream or it's devs. AnyStream was using a PlayReady API for extracting the content keys. This was an API they bought from a third party PlayReady API seller. It is possible that this seller required more money and AnyStream thought it is too costly and stopped the whole thing without paying anymore to the seller.

Comment

How long before drm needs to be cracked again? Months? Years?

Comment

How long before drm needs to be cracked again? Months? Years?
                            ~ 6 months i guess
                            christmas is a good time for it
                            You should see this. its way to funny: https://i.imgur.com/UmPh8Hu.png

Comment

Originally posted by VeiledCipher View Post

It is not what happened. After some "Reverse Engineering" processes, I can confirm that StreamFab has cracked the ChromeCDM version 4.10.2710.0. The method which is implemented is exactly the same as when they cracked the previous versions 4.10.2449.0/4.10.2557.0. I am 100% sure the person behind who cracked this version is same because of the implemented "wv_cvt" method. It is just that this version was way too harder to crack (the obfuscations methods and the functions related to license requests signing/session key decrypting processes in the version 2710 was changed) and that is why it took them this much time. You have to give at least a little bit credit for StreamFab. Afterall they still managed to crack it. You really wouldn't understand how hard it actually is. In the future, cracking the ChromeCDM is just going to be more harder and it will take more time.

Also I can confirm that this solution has nothing to do with AnyStream or it's devs. AnyStream was using a PlayReady API for extracting the content keys. This was an API they bought from a third party PlayReady API seller. It is possible that this seller required more money and AnyStream thought it is too costly and stopped the whole thing without paying anymore to the seller.
                              How can you confirm this? Are you an employee of either company?

Comment

Does Amazon use playready drm? I thought Amazon was widevine

Comment

Working...
                                X