Peacock issue with 2 episodes of Season 3 of Resident Alien

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post

It's partially done. When I do it every update, it goes really fast. Now that I have to think about what I'm actually doing and writing it out, it takes a long time. I give a lot of credit to those people that do technical writing for a living. I'll have it done before the end of the weekend if my wife doesn't find more jobs for me to do.
    I wish your point could be taken more seriously by the developers.

Comment

I thought I'd give you a preview. I'm up to getting all the updated program versions we will use, and so if you want to gather them together ahead of time, go ahead. The next section of these instructions will show where to put these new updates and a few other tricks I do.

How to update old versions of programs within StreamFab

Disclaimer: If you attempt to update any old versions of programs within StreamFab you are on your own. I make no claims that this will fix or improve anything, make your love life better, or cure cancer. I just like to use the latest versions of the programs I use, and that also goes for those within StreamFab. I have never had any problem updating these programs, but that doesn't mean that you won't screw something up. Always make a backup before you attempt to do this. 'Nuff said.

The programs that we will be updating are:

FFmpeg
      YT-DLP
      MediaInfo
      MKVMerge
      Aria2C
      AtomicParsley
      MP4Box

There are a few other programs that I haven't explored yet, or ones like Python that are locked into a certain version and can't be changed.

Let's start off with where I get the new updates for the various programs -

FFmpeg: I use two types of nightly FFmpeg files, just like StreamFab does. I use a shared type and a non-shared (static) type. If you don't know what the difference is, don't worry about. Both types have been compiled by BtbN. As I said, I use the nightly GPL version, which means that they are updated every day with the latest changes and fixes. You can get both types from https://github.com/BtbN/FFmpeg-Builds/releases. You want to take the Master type files, which will give you the most mature and stable version. The files you want are ffmpeg-master-latest-win64-gpl.zip and ffmpeg-master-latest-win64-gpl-shared.zip.

Aria2C: You'll want to go to https://github.com/aria2/aria2/relea...release-1.37.0 and go down to the bottom of the page to the downloads. Download either aria2-1.37.0-win-32bit-build1.zip or aria2-1.37.0-win-64bit-build1.zip, depending on your system. Future versions will be higher than 1.37.0, so grab the latest. If you don't know whether your Windows is 32 or 64bit, maybe you shouldn't be doing this at all.

AtomicParsley: Go to https://github.com/wez/atomicparsley...083822.1ed9031 and select the appropriate download. Choose either AtomicParsleyWindows.zip or AtomicParsleyWindowsX86.zip. X86 is for 32bit and plain Windows is 64bit. If you don't know which you are, you need to do a lot more reading.

MediaInfo: You can get the universal installer (both 32 & 64 bit) for Windows at https://mediaarea.net/download/binar....1_Windows.exe. Future update versions can be gotten at https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download/Windows.

MP4Box: There are two links that always give you the latest nightly versions. They are gpac_latest_head_win64.exe and gpac_latest_head_win32.exe and are found at https://gpac.io/downloads/gpac-nightly-builds/. Do I really have to say it again about 32 & 64 bits?

MKVMerge: MKVMerge is part of MKVToolNix. You can get the latest at https://mkvtoolnix.download/downloads.html#windows. I'm not a big fan of Portable installs, but that's up to you. Yes, 32/64bit again.

YT-DLP: You don't need to download this from anywhere. StreamFab has a version of YT-DLP, but it is called YouTubeToMP3Process. We can do a command line update rather than downloading anything new. Bring up your Windows Command Prompt (preferably Run as Administrator). The most common way is to type "Command" in the Search box. Then enter this...

​ Note: My YoutubeToMP3Process.exe has already been updated. Your "Latest version" will probably show an earlier date when you run it. Also note, the command for the update is "YoutubeToMP3Process.exe -U" (YoutubeToMP3Process.exe, space, single dash, Uppercase U, Enter). No quotes, obviously.

Comment

I updated just FFmpeg and FFprobe and was able to download those two failed episodes.

Comment

Great cat :-)

Perhaps you would like to write a sentence for each program about what it is responsible for.

FFmpeg (I suspect)
          Bundles sound and image together

YT-DLP

MediaInfo

MKVMerge (I suspect)
          Is responsible for turning the download into an MKV file.

Aria2C

AtomicParsley

MP4Box (I suspect)
          Is responsible for turning the download into an MP4 file.​

Comment

Originally posted by Sebastian001 View Post
            Great cat :-)

Perhaps you would like to write a sentence for each program about what it is responsible for.

FFmpeg (I suspect)
            Bundles sound and image together

YT-DLP

MediaInfo

MKVMerge (I suspect)
            Is responsible for turning the download into an MKV file.

Aria2C

AtomicParsley

MP4Box (I suspect)
            Is responsible for turning the download into an MP4 file.​
            • FFmpeg: Remuxes Audio and Video into MP4 or MKV, converts subtitles, re-encodes
            • MKVMerge: Remuxes Audio and Video into MKV
            • MediaInfo: Gets details on Video or Audio files
            • Aria2c: Multi-threaded downloader (speeds up downloading by downloading multiple parts at the same time)
            • AtomicParsley: Writes metadata to MP4 files
            • MP4Box: Manipulates MP4 files. Most likely mp4decrypt is the main thing used but maybe remuxing audio and video to MP4 too

How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

Originally posted by AGuyWithAComputer View Post
              I updated just FFmpeg and FFprobe and was able to download those two failed episodes.
              I'm happy for you, but I wish you had waited for me to give you the instructions. I follow exactly the way that StreamFab does it originally. Actually with regard to FFmpeg, that has changed from 6.1.6.7 to 6.1.8.3, and I was going to go into that in my upcoming installation instructions. Which FFprobe did you use (shared and not shared) and where did you put it? I'm thinking I made a mistake by posting the article before it was fully finished. Well, like I said, you're on your own if you screw it up. I've been doing it for well over a year and I make sure I follow exactly the way that the StreamFab developer does it, only with newer versions.

Comment

Same here. Peacock works really well now.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Resident Alien.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	444633

Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Cats4U,
                  Thanks for this information. I will wait until you provide the instructions before trying anything. Want to make sure I give my self the best shot at fixing the issue and not messing something up.

Thanks again for all you assistance on this issue,
                  Chuck​

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post

I'm happy for you, but I wish you had waited for me to give you the instructions. I follow exactly the way that StreamFab does it originally. Actually, with regard to FFmpeg, that has changed from 6.1.6.7 to 6.1.8.3, and I was going to go into that in my upcoming installation instructions. Which FFprobe did you use (shared and not shared) and where did you put it? I'm thinking I made a mistake by posting the article before it was fully finished. Well, like I said, you're on your own if you screw it up. I've been doing it for well over a year and I make sure I follow exactly the way that the StreamFab developer does it, only with newer versions.
                    I used the Not shared version, and I replaced just the copy in the SF root folder.

being that ffmpeg and ffprobe are singular exe files, it's a straightforward copy paste. I have a copy elsewhere for my own post processing of video's I download. Worst case, I'd have to uninstall and reinstall Streamfab.

Since that was enough to correct the issue, no need to go any further for me.

Once you put up your whole process, I'll see if I can script it out.

Comment

Originally posted by AGuyWithAComputer View Post

I used the Not shared version, and I replaced just the copy in the SF root folder.
                      I'm almost done. What you did, sort of, worked out right, but it was not complete. I'll fill you in on how StreamFab seems to do it... Take the whole contents of the Bin subdirectory of the unzipped ffmpeg-master-latest-win64-gpl-shared.zip file and place that in C:\Program Files\DVDFab\StreamFab replacing what is there. Then copy just the FFmpeg.exe file from the Bin subdirectory of the unzipped ffmpeg-master-latest-win64-gpl.zip file and place that in C:\Program Files\DVDFab\StreamFab replacing what is there. I have no idea why they mixed the shared and static that way, but that's what I've found they do, and I have done the same.
                      Now, here is where I had to make a decision. In previous versions (6.1.6.7 being the last version I worked with prior to 6.1.8.3), they took the whole contents of the Bin subdirectory of the unzipped ffmpeg-master-latest-win64-gpl-shared.zip file and place that in C:\Program Files\DVDFab\StreamFab\YouTubeDL. In 6.1.8.3, they don't do that, for reasons unknown. I decided to keep adding it at this point and will explore it some to see why they made the change. Most likely, in future versions, I will do what they do, as that has been my goal, all along, to follow their examples and methods but with more updated program versions.

Comment

Working...
                      X