Updating Older Versions of Programs Within StreamFab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

StreamFab for Windows Updating Older Versions of Programs Within StreamFab

Anyone familiar with the Shaka-Packager and what it is used for within StreamFab? I just updated StreamFab's version 2.6.1 up to version 3.2.0. I honestly don't remember seeing that program within StreamFab before 6.1.8.3. I got the newest version from https://github.com/shaka-project/shaka-packager. Filename: packager-win-x64.exe. It has to be renamed to shaka-packager.exe for StreamFab in C:\Program Files\DVDFab\StreamFab.
    I remember on Peacock we used to get Shaka errors with the kitty appearing all the time. That's what made me interested in the file when I saw it. No errors or problems after updating the file, so far. The usual disclaimers apply. Don't forget that backup!​

Cats4U,
    Thanks so much for the instructions. I'm not sure when I will have time to try it but when I do, I will report back my results.
    Thanks,
    Chuck

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U
      YT-DLP: You don't need to download this from anywhere. StreamFab has a version of YT-DLP, but it is called YouTubeToMP3Process. We can do a command line update rather than downloading anything new. Bring up your Windows Command Prompt (preferably Run as Administrator). The most common way is to type "Command" in the Search box. Then enter this...

​ Note: My YoutubeToMP3Process.exe has already been updated. Your "Latest version" will probably show an earlier date when you run it. Also note, the command for the update is "YoutubeToMP3Process.exe -U" (YoutubeToMP3Process.exe, space, single dash, Uppercase U, Enter). No quotes, obviously.
      This really should be in a stickyed post, it's great info, but I see a potential issue for the above part...

Doesn't StreamFab have some custom mods to yt-dlp? Because if they do, if you run the update, it will lose those custom mods.

Comment

Originally posted by AllNight View Post

This really should be in a stickyed post, it's great info, but I see a potential issue for the above part...

Doesn't StreamFab have some custom mods to yt-dlp? Because if they do, if you run the update, it will lose those custom mods.
        Something has changed and you are right. I'm looking into it. I know I checked this in the past and it worked alright. I'm wondering if the change in 6.1.8.3 that I wrote about that concerns whether to move or not move the shared bin to YouTubeDL might be affecting it in some way. In the meantime, while I check it out, replace your YoutubeToMP3Process.exe from your backup.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post

Something has changed and you are right. I'm looking into it. I know I checked this in the past and it worked alright. I'm wondering if the change in 6.1.8.3 that I wrote about that concerns whether to move or not move the shared bin to YouTubeDL might be affecting it in some way. In the meantime, while I check it out, replace your YoutubeToMP3Process.exe from your backup.
          There are still recoding files "StreamClient" in the 6183.
          It might not be the only one they placed for recoding.

You might want to wait until it is completely removed. I think the 6184 is coming in 2-3 days. So think about whether it still makes sense to modify the 6183!​

Comment

With regard to yt-dlp (YoutubeToMP3Process.exe), after looking it over, it is best to leave it the way StreamFab releases it for the reason given by AllNight. Best that I can tell, there are only two custom YoutubeToMP3Process options that have been added to yt-dlp.

--dvdfab-cache-dir DIR dvdfabcache-dir
            --dvdfab-ignore-errors Continue on download errors, for example to skip when thumbnail embedding fails

They don't seem like much, but they may be used heavily by StreamFab. So, just leave it alone. If you've already updated it, replace it with your backup. It's a shame because ​there are a great number of changes and fixes between 2024.3.10 that StreamFab uses and the latest version 2024.5.27, including some for YouTube and Crunchyroll.

I went over the change I found in 6.1.8.3 for FFmpeg and tested it out. I think it is best to make the change as StreamFab has. What that means is, DO NOT place the whole contents of the Bin subdirectory of the unzipped ffmpeg-master-latest-win64-gpl-shared.zip in C:\Program Files\DVDFab\StreamFab\YouTubeDL, as I wrote before. Instead, take ffmpeg.exe, ffprobe.exe and ffplay.exe from the Bin subdirectory of the unzipped ffmpeg-master-latest-win64-gpl.zip file and place them in C:\Program Files\DVDFab\StreamFab\YouTubeDL. In other words, they changed from shared to static.

Sorry about the confusion, if there is any. I intended to figure out the changes before I wrote anything, but people started to replace files before I gave the instructions, so I had to rush some correct instructions out. They were correct for 6.1.6.7 but not for 6.1.8.3. Now they are.

As for the StreamClient file, I don't touch DVDFab-written programs. By their very nature, their latest version is the latest version. I only update 3rd party programs that DVDFab uses in StreamFab.

Comment

Cats4U
              I'm going through your initial instructions and your updated messages for specific parts. I'm trying to combine everything so I can read it easier.

Do you do the following steps for every new version? I think you do but wanted to make sure.
              1. Perform a clean uninstall/installation using the procedure in this post: https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...321#post444321
              2. Update separate programs/files using the new procedure you just posted
              Thanks,
              Chuck

Comment

Yes, that is exactly what I do. I just did it for 6.1.8.4 about 8 hours ago. It's working great! Clean install followed by adding the updated programs. I just feel required to put a disclaimer here - I do it because it works for me. I can't guarantee that it will work for everybody. I did it for many, many months with the direct download. When they rolled out re-encoding, I didn't do any updates. I stayed with 6.1.6.7 until 6.1.8.3 came out.

If I get a chance, I want to combine my initial instructions with the changes I had to make to FFmpeg, shaka-packager and YoutubeToMP3Process. I want to put the complete instructions in its own thread eventually. I really wish StreamFab would update YoutubeToMP3Process to yt-dlp's latest version. There are so many fixes (for big things like Crunchyroll, YouTube, and Tubitv) in the yt-dlp changelogs that they are not using. YoutubeToMP3Process is at version 2024.3.10 and the newest is 2024.5.27. Just look at the changelogs at https://github.com/yt-dlp/yt-dlp/releases and see all that is missing.

Comment

Yes, that is exactly what I do. I just did it for 6.1.8.4 about 8 hours ago. It's working great! Clean install followed by adding the updated programs. I just feel required to put a disclaimer here - I do it because it works for me. I can't guarantee that it will work for everybody. I did it for many, many months with the direct download. When they rolled out re-encoding, I didn't do any updates. I stayed with 6.1.6.7 until 6.1.8.3 came out.

If I get a chance, I want to combine my initial instructions with the changes I had to make to FFmpeg, shaka-packager and YoutubeToMP3Process. I want to put the complete instructions in its own thread eventually. I really wish StreamFab would update YoutubeToMP3Process to yt-dlp's latest version. There are so many fixes (for big things like Crunchyroll, YouTube, and Tubitv) in the yt-dlp changelogs that they are not using. YoutubeToMP3Process is at version 2024.3.10 and the newest is 2024.5.27. Just look at the changelogs at https://github.com/yt-dlp/yt-dlp/releases and see all that is missing.
                  The version history of yt-dlp between 3.10 and 5.27 is so long that I don't want to read it.

Your instructions belong in a new thread, it's getting lost here!

I was actually expecting Wilson to release a 6185 today. That probably won't happen.

I'll inspect your method with the 6184.

I hope that no cats jump across the screen after starting Streamfab!​

Comment

Who the hell made the original post of this thread into a closed Sticky? It is neither complete nor totally factually correct. Anyone following that message alone risks breaking their StreamFab setup. I NEVER requested that any part of that thread be made into a Sticky. I do request that that Sticky be removed immediately, as it potentially poses a great danger to someone's StreamFab if they follow it alone. Furthermore, I request that this remaining discussion thread be CLOSED and deleted. The discussion makes no sense without the initial post, which has been separated out as a Sticky. As I wrote in message # 8 above,
                    If I get a chance, I want to combine my initial instructions with the changes I had to make to FFmpeg, shaka-packager and YoutubeToMP3Process. I want to put the complete instructions in its own thread eventually.
                    If I do that, I do not want that as a Sticky, either. I would like that to be a discussion so that any changes that arise from the way that the developer does things in the future, could be discussed and noted.

In the meantime, as I've written several times, if you make any of these changes, you are on your own. I do not guarantee that the changes will fix anything. Do so at your own risk. Furthermore, at this point and because of the stupidity of making a known incorrect post into a Sticky, I urge at the highest level that any StreamFab user NOT to make any of the changes found in the Sticky and in this, the separated discussion.

Comment

My God, what a drama. Someone is moderated here. Who could it be? Wilson, probably not. jpp72 , can you still see that?
                      Last edited by Sebastian001; 06-22-2024, 08:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sebastian001 View Post
                        My God, what a drama. Someone is moderated here. Who could it be? Wilson, probably not. jpp72 , can you still see that?
                        I guess Judy

(was at least online at that time)

Comment

I don't care who it was. Now that the initial post is gone forever because the Sticky has been removed, the remaining discussion makes no sense. There is just enough left in this discussion here to potentially really screw up someone's StreamFab if they attempt to make the changes. From a safety standpoint, I formally request that this message thread be DELETED, as soon as possible.

Comment

Here is a link to the thread where you started talking about replacing some 3rd party tools within streamfab.

I have StreamFab 6.1.8.3 and trying to download Season 3 of Resident Alien. It downloads Episodes 1-4 fine. For episodes 5 & 6, it downloads the audio fine, be very slowly, then attempts to download the video at the same very slow speed. They eventually fail. Then it goes onto Episode 7 and it downloads fine and so does

I still had it open in my browser, refreshed and half the convo was gone... I was a bit confused for a minute.

Comment

Anyone familiar with the Shaka-Packager and what it is used for within StreamFab? I just updated StreamFab's version 2.6.1 up to version 3.2.0. I honestly don't remember seeing that program within StreamFab before 6.1.8.3. I got the newest version from https://github.com/shaka-project/shaka-packager. Filename: packager-win-x64.exe. It has to be renamed to shaka-packager.exe for StreamFab in C:\Program Files\DVDFab\StreamFab.
                              I remember on Peacock we used to get Shaka errors with the kitty appearing all the time. That's what made me interested in the file when I saw it. No errors or problems after updating the file, so far. The usual disclaimers apply. Don't forget that backup!​
                              A lot of people stopped using that packager when Microsoft bought GitHub back in 2018.
                              Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Working...
                              X