Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disney+ Disney Plus 1080p

Hey!

I can no longer download movies in 1080p from Disney Plus since version 6.1.8.9.
    Does anyone else have this problem? Has Disney now taken countermeasures here?

Thank you!

With version 6.1.8.9 1080p works like a charme.

Comment

Specific titles? Disney has usually been less than 1080p for newer releases (1st 6+ months after title drops) then 1080p after that

Comment

Originally posted by walker189 View Post
        Specific titles? Disney has usually been less than 1080p for newer releases (1st 6+ months after title drops) then 1080p after that
        That's not my understanding? My understanding is that everything posted after sometime in 2021 is 720p, and material posted before that may be available in 1080p. So, for example, the first two seasons of The Mandalorian are 1080p, but Season 3 (from 15 months ago) is 720p. Similarly, Loki Season 1 is 1080p but Season 2 is 720p. I think the changeover was sometime around the end of 2021; Encanto is (as far as I know) only available in 720p.

Comment

Originally posted by sambafret View Post

That's not my understanding? My understanding is that everything posted after sometime in 2021 is 720p, and material posted before that may be available in 1080p. So, for example, the first two seasons of The Mandalorian are 1080p, but Season 3 (from 15 months ago) is 720p. Similarly, Loki Season 1 is 1080p but Season 2 is 720p. I think the changeover was sometime around the end of 2021; Encanto is (as far as I know) only available in 720p.
          exactly thats what I think is the case.

deadsearch I can confirm for 6.1.9.1. I have tried several movies that are from 201x and all are only available in 720p max.

Comment

Originally posted by deadsearch View Post
            Hey!

I can no longer download movies in 1080p from Disney Plus since version 6.1.8.9.
            Does anyone else have this problem? Has Disney now taken countermeasures here?

Thank you!
            I just tried with 6.1.9.0 and Iron Man which previously did download as 1080p. Maximum I can select now is 720p.

So did the cached keys that allow for 1080p on older content get removed from StreamFab again?

I mean I think it was around StreamFab 6.1.8.4 or so where those keys weren't included in StreamFab. I don't remember if they ever put them back after that, so I'm not sure if this is a case where they never added them back, or they added them, and removed them again.

Comment

Originally posted by KidJoe View Post
              I just tried with 6.1.9.0 and Iron Man which previously did download as 1080p. Maximum I can select now is 720p.

So did the cached keys that allow for 1080p on older content get removed from StreamFab again?

I mean I think it was around StreamFab 6.1.8.4 or so where those keys weren't included in StreamFab. I don't remember if they ever put them back after that, so I'm not sure if this is a case where they never added them back, or they added them, and removed them again.
              Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	62.7 KB ID:	447119

They constantly have issues with adding and removing things and re-adding. Only explanation to me is they don't know how to properly merge different dev branches to their main one. It's fucking infuriating. Do you know how many times they "Fixed" the episode numbering for Amazon? They break it by using a counter instead of the metadata so if you have the same episodes available on 2 different channels, episode 2 from the second provider becomes episode 4. When i decided i was done with the forum, i reported the issue via the feedback function and Rain had no idea what i was talking about. She asked for screenshots. I sent screenshots, explained again, and told her i was jpp72 and to tell Wilson this has been reported by me many times.

She said it would be fixed in the next version and it was but now it is broken again.

Every. Fucking. Time.

They change something on Amazon and it reverts back to counter instead of metadata.
              How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

+ The support tells me the Disney Module only works in 720p now....

Comment

Originally posted by Baudner View Post
                  + The support tells me the Disney Module only works in 720p now....
                  For current releases - it is guaranteed ..
                  .. but known old Keys for FHD should also work - see jpp72​

Comment

In my case, there are titles where I can select 1080p options. However, during the download process, after it downloads video, then audio (during the processing phase) it fails processing the audio (see image). Have put in a ticket with StreamFab. Will see where that goes. The only way to get past this error for such titles is to only select a 720p video option from the drop-down list of selectable video formats. Obviously, there are 1080p options, but perhaps DRM prevents processing from completing? Ironically, the DRMCrash subfolder under the Temp folder has a log zip file generated when this error occurs.
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	1 Size:	17.5 KB ID:	447338

Comment

There are only a few Disney 1080p movies, older Marvel action, and others. Do not expect to see any new ones in 1080p
                      Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Originally posted by Mandalorian1 View Post
                        In my case, there are titles where I can select 1080p options. However, during the download process, after it downloads video, then audio (during the processing phase) it fails processing the audio (see image). Have put in a ticket with StreamFab. Will see where that goes. The only way to get past this error for such titles is to only select a 720p video option from the drop-down list of selectable video formats. Obviously, there are 1080p options, but perhaps DRM prevents processing from completing? Ironically, the DRMCrash subfolder under the Temp folder has a log zip file generated when this error occurs.
                        Click image for larger version Name:	image.png Views:	1 Size:	17.5 KB ID:	447338
                        Did you use the updater?

Comment

It's D+ 1080p fixed with the new version? Can anyone confirm it?

Comment

Originally posted by Sebastian001 View Post

Did you use the updater?
                            What do you mean by updater? Do you mean the pop-up window that prompts you to update to the latest version of StreamFab? If so, yes. However, I've not updated to the latest today. I purchased the extended download, and went back to revisions pre-6183 and after and still no success with it working. In fact, I noted it wasn't until 6183 and after that the 1080p options presented themselves.

Comment

Since you are a New Member with only 2 posts you need to learn what everyone else learned a long time ago. NEVER, EVER, use the online updater (AKA the pop-up window that prompts you to update). It absolutely causes problems. StreamFab should have abandoned it years ago. Only use the offline update files. They are easily found at the top of this forum in the "Sticky" section. For Windows, both x86 and x64 versions are there.

Comment

Working...
                              X