Channel 4 module errors out and locks up constantly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Channel 4 module errors out and locks up constantly

Having issues again with the channel 4 downloader. I can let it run all night and it downloads about 9 or 10 episodes overnight and finding out it's erroring out a bunch of queued videos. I click the cancel button to stop the queue and close the program only to have it lock up and not respond. I'll wait for long periods of time and it never fully closes. I have to manually close out the interface. It doesn't affect the main program as far as I can see, it only appears to be the channel 4 module itself. Here's the logs and a screenshot.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Untitled2.png Views:	0 Size:	270.8 KB ID:	407048
    Last edited by corey75; 03-05-2022, 12:53 AM.

Here's another attempt at the logs. The last post wouldn't let me save the picture and the log file.
    Attached Files

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	c4-problem.jpg Views:	0 Size:	43.6 KB ID:	407062​​

After the developer fixed the 'audio descriptive' issue (many thanks for that), I'm now having a different issue with the Channel 4 downloader that didn't occur in the original release. This may be the same issue described by @corey75

Specifically: when downloading multiple episodes of the same series, the Channel 4 module downloads the first episode successfully and copies it to the output directory. For subsequent episodes the module downloads all segments of the programme successfully, remuxes them then fails when it attempts to copy the MP4 file to the output directory and the download is marked as "Failed"

Could the developer have a look at this?

Thanks in advance.
      Last edited by jpm102; 03-05-2022, 06:17 PM.

Comment

Here are my log files: logs.zip

Comment

Same here too. I am in an endless battle with 4.0.2.3 having to close the program and re-open it multiple times for it to properly get an episode or two. Then repeatedly fails after it "finishes remuxing" with a failed message like your image.
          Last edited by corey75; 03-07-2022, 04:36 AM.

Comment

The issue happens when the Channel 4 module attempts to put another episode into a directory that already exists. It appears that it tries to create the series directory each time it downloads a new episode. Since the directory already exists, it's hitting a problem. Today, I was able to download an entire series successfully by copying each new episode to a diferent location and then deleting the series directory created by the Channel 4 module. The next episode downloaded without issue and was remuxed. The C4 module then created a new series directory and the file was copied successfully into it. I then moved the newly created file to another location, deleted the series directory and the process continued until all episodes had been downloaded.

Obviously this is just a work-around as I don't want to have to spend all day watching StreamFab download files and then have to manually move them. Nevertheless, this info should help the developer find and fix the problem.

Comment

Hi All, the developer is working on it, sorry for the trouble.

Comment

Working...
              X