Paramount Plus No Longer Downloads Subtitles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paramount Plus No Longer Downloads Subtitles

This is a list of the last 11 videos I have downloaded from Paramount Plus.....

(1) ALL THE RIGHT MOVES
    (2) ALONG CAME A SPIDER
    (3) AS GOOD AS IT GETS
    (4) COACH CARTER
    (5) COCKTAIL
    (6) EASY MONEY
    (7) JERRY AND MARGE GO LARGE
    (8) KING SOLOMON'S MINES
    (9) LAST HOLIDAY
    (10) PATRIOT GAMES
    (11) WALKING TALL

None downloaded with subtitles..... Not one..... I believe most rational people would come to the conclusion that Paramount Plus has changed something which is causing their subtitles to be excluded..... I can say this because the first 87 videos I have downloaded from Paramount Plus all successfully included subtitles.....

I have included logs for 3 of the videos listed above..... Let me know if you desire to have more.....

I expect that this issue will be addressed in a timely fashion.

ALONG CAME A SPIDER PARAMOUNTPLUS StreamFab.log

AS GOOD AS IT GETS PARAMOUNTPLUS StreamFab.log

PATRIOT GAMES PARAMOUNTPLUS StreamFab.log

​"Just because you can..... doesn't mean you should!"

"The only thing worse than the devil that you know..... is the devil that you don't!"

both Remux into file & Extract to SRT file failed ??
    also see post #10 regarding the paramount plus subtitle issue - https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...t-with-5-0-3-9
    Last edited by october262; 06-30-2022, 01:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post
      both Remux into file & Extract to SRT file failed ??
      also see post #10 regarding the paramount plus subtitle issue - https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...t-with-5-0-3-9
      While I respect your ability to post in a public forum..... I would appreciate a response from a forum moderator.....

The issue of subtitles for Paramount Plus..... as well as other sites..... has been allowed to be ignored for far too long then what would be considered a reasonable time period..... and part of this is that users post their suppositions and StreamFab management uses these "my daddy is better than your daddy" exchanges to their advantage and steers clear of acknowledging both the problem and their inability to correct it.....

In the past when I have mentioned the subtitle problem..... I have been given the company line and that was that..... so now..... I have given them the specifics and I want acknowledgement from StreamFab that they are working on the problem..... or..... I want them to admit that they can't fix it.....

So I say again..... thank you for your response..... I am aware of your referenced post since I was not only a contributor in that thread..... but was also called a "hijacker" by those who feel that only they have the authority to decide what is and is not a problem.....

Having said all that..... I am still awaiting a response from StreamFab management.
      Last edited by weavermovies; 06-30-2022, 04:52 PM.

"The only thing worse than the devil that you know..... is the devil that you don't!"

Comment

Originally posted by weavermovies View Post
        Has anyone downloaded a video for either Showtime or Paramount Plus through Amazon Prime Channels..... and if so..... did you successfully receive subtitles?
        Funny you should ask...

1. I'm downloading *every* movie you said that didn't have subtitles thru Paramount Plus to website right now thru Amazon Prime/Paramount for testing.

To see if it's just no titles thru StreamFab's Paramount Plus direct website module or if it's just Paramount Plus module.

2. Every title is being fed by Paramount Plus (available with downloaded movie) thru the Paramount Plus website directly for every movie that you said you didn't get subtitles on.

I downloaded everyone of the movies utilizing another mechanism and I played each one to test that it had subtitles and played them - they all did.

Attachments:

1. Downloading right now to see if subtitles come thru on CBR/subtitle selected via Amazon Prime/Paramount+
        2. Already download directly from Paramount Plus with alternate mechanism, titles are being served by Paramount and play each movie you listed.
        3. A couple of Media info's just to show.

3. Testing via Amazon right now... will update on this for you with results... and my log files from Amazon Prime/Paramount test.

Mike
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Mike_M; 06-30-2022, 06:34 PM.

Comment

Limit of 4 files as attachments, here's the last 2 I have now, that shows that Paramount Plus website feeds subtitles for your list above.

All have subtitles, just evidently not getting via StreamFab from Paramount Plus website for those.

Will follow up with Amazon Prime/StreamFab when done.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Mike_M; 06-30-2022, 06:09 PM.

Comment

First file from Amazon Prime/Paramount, Along Came a Spider, downloaded subtitle & played it.

Just tested CBR with English.

Heading off to lunch but I'd guess it's just with StreamFab Paramount Plus downloader, will confirm that rest of your files have subtitles thru Amazon Prime/Paramount after I get back from lunch.

Will also attach the logs.
            Attached Files

Comment

@Mike_M..... First..... I want to thank you for expending the effort in performing these tests..... It is appreciated..... and the results will benefit all those interested in the ongoing problem of subtitles on certain websites.....

If I'm interpreting your words correctly..... through Amazon Prime Channels/Paramount Plus..... along with another third party downloader..... you were able to successfully download videos on my list with subtitles included.....

Am I correct in my understanding of your tests?

Comment

@Mike_M..... First..... I want to thank you for expending the effort in performing these tests..... It is appreciated..... and the results will benefit all those interested in the ongoing problem of subtitles on certain websites.....

If I'm interpreting your words correctly..... through Amazon Prime Channels/Paramount Plus..... along with another third party downloader..... you were able to successfully download videos on my list with subtitles included.....

Am I correct in my understanding of your tests?
                Exactly.

The Paramount Plus StreamFab standalone module seems to need tweaking to get those subtitles.

Paramount Plus works thru Amazon Prime so far with 5 of the files you didn't get subtitles on thru Paramount Plus website, others are still downloading.

I expect they will work too.
                Attached Files

Comment

This is such good news..... If only someone who subscribes to Showtime through Amazon Prime Channels would download a couple videos seeing if they received subtitles..... Any titles will do because of the 51 Showtime videos I have downloaded with StreamFab..... none have ever included subtitles..... but if someone wants to give it a shot..... here are a few suggestions.....

(1) Beverly Hills Cop
                  (2) The Hunt For Red October
                  (3) Internal Affairs
                  (4) The Longest Yard 2005
                  (5) Mission Impossible III

Although your test results are enough to make up my mind to change over any subscription I have which is also offered through Amazon Prime Channels..... I already have Amazon Prime so it's a no brainer..... The Prime user interface is by far the best there is.....

So now that makes Paramount Plus..... Showtime..... and Roku which StreamFab doesn't seem to be able..... or is unwilling..... to make subtitles available.....

I'm a very cynical person..... but instead of allowing that trait to manifest itself with any supposition as to why..... I'll be thankful for what you're inquisitive nature has uncovered today and let it go at that.....

Again..... on behalf of all those who will benefit from your findings..... Thank You!

Comment

I'm having the same issue "Paramount+ won't download subtitles." period! You can watch the video with subtitles in your browser (ie.. Firefox) just fine. This broke after upgrading from Ver 5.0.3.7, even wiping Streamfsb clean and installing 5.0.3.7 didn't work.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Never mind Read post #10 as october262; suggested,hope they get it fixed soon.

Originally posted by october262 View Post
                      see post #10 regarding the paramount plus subtitle issue - https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...t-with-5-0-3-9

Comment

.... If only someone who subscribes to Showtime through Amazon Prime Channels would download a couple videos seeing if they received subtitles..... Any titles will do because of the 51 Showtime videos I have downloaded with StreamFab..... none have ever included subtitles..... but if someone wants to give it a shot..... here are a few suggestions.....

(1) Beverly Hills Cop
                        (3) Internal Affairs
                        I'll try to test tonight

Comment

Originally posted by KidJoe View Post
                          I'll try to test tonight

Comment

Hi Weavermovies,

Just to have this info on 1920x816 file for "Along came a Spider" via Amazon Prime/Paramount vs 1920x1080 via Paramount Plus website.

Sometimes during re-encoding of a 1920x1080 file using "High Profile" in Handbrake you can see it converted to 1920x816.

There is no resolution loss on the picture content - it's just a decision not to encode areas of the 16:9 source that don't contain picture content and instead contain black (the bars).

It's saving space by not actually encoding the black bars that some films have at top and bottom.

I can't tell any difference in quality.

Regards,

Attachments:

Side by side comparison of images played full screen on a high resolution monitor (2560x1440).
                            StreamFab showing the 1920x816 as 1080p
                            Media info for both
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Mike_M; 07-01-2022, 12:58 AM.

Comment

This is such good news..... If only someone who subscribes to Showtime through Amazon Prime Channels would download a couple videos seeing if they received subtitles..... Any titles will do because of the 51 Showtime videos I have downloaded with StreamFab..... none have ever included subtitles..... but if someone wants to give it a shot..... here are a few suggestions.....

(1) Beverly Hills Cop
                              (3) Internal Affairs

Although your test results are enough to make up my mind to change over any subscription I have which is also offered through Amazon Prime Channels..... I already have Amazon Prime so it's a no brainer..... The Prime user interface is by far the best there is.....

So now that makes Paramount Plus..... Showtime..... and Roku which StreamFab doesn't seem to be able..... or is unwilling..... to make subtitles available.....

I'm a very cynical person..... but instead of allowing that trait to manifest itself with any supposition as to why..... I'll be thankful for what you're inquisitive nature has uncovered today and let it go at that.....

Again..... on behalf of all those who will benefit from your findings..... Thank You!
                              Question. How did you download the "51 Showtime videos"? There isn't a Showtime downloader for StreamFab? Was it via the web site and MPD or M3U8? or ??

Anyway, first download, Hunt for Red October from Showtime Channel of Amazon Prime, using the Amazon Downloader in stream fab
                              (i'm out of attachment space in the forum, so "code" of text from MediaInfo is my only option)

Code:
                              General
                              Complete name : F:\DVDFab Downloader\Amazon\The Hunt for Red October.mp4
                              Format : MPEG-4
                              Format profile : Base Media
                              Codec ID : isom (isom/iso2/mp41)
                              File size : 7.89 GiB
                              Duration : 2 h 15 min
                              Overall bit rate mode : Variable
                              Overall bit rate : 8 331 kb/s
                              Collection : The Hunt for Red October
                              Track name : The Hunt for Red October
                              Description : Alec Baldwin and Sean Connery star in this classic military thriller about a Soviet submarine captain gone renegade and the CIA analyst convinced the sub skipper wants to defect.
                              Recorded date : 1990
                              Writing application : Lavf58.76.100
                              Cover : Yes

Video
                              ID : 1
                              Format : HEVC
                              Format/Info : High Efficiency Video Coding
                              Format profile : Main@L4@Main
                              Codec ID : hev1
                              Codec ID/Info : High Efficiency Video Coding
                              Bit rate : 7 683 kb/s
                              Width : 1 920 pixels
                              Height : 1 080 pixels
                              Display aspect ratio : 16:9
                              Frame rate mode : Constant
                              Frame rate : 23.976 (24000/1001) FPS
                              Standard : NTSC
                              Color space : YUV
                              Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
                              Bit depth : 8 bits
                              Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.155
                              Stream size : 7.28 GiB (92%)
                              Color range : Limited
                              Color primaries : BT.709
                              Transfer characteristics : BT.709
                              Matrix coefficients : BT.709
                              Codec configuration box : hvcC

Audio
                              ID : 3
                              Format : E-AC-3
                              Format/Info : Enhanced AC-3
                              Commercial name : Dolby Digital Plus
                              Codec ID : ec-3
                              Bit rate mode : Constant
                              Bit rate : 640 kb/s
                              Channel(s) : 6 channels
                              Channel layout : L R C LFE Ls Rs
                              Sampling rate : 48.0 kHz
                              Frame rate : 31.250 FPS (1536 SPF)
                              Compression mode : Lossy
                              Stream size : 621 MiB (8%)
                              Language : English
                              Service kind : Complete Main
                              Default : Yes
                              Alternate group : 1

Text #1
                              ID : 4
                              Format : Timed Text
                              Muxing mode : sbtl
                              Codec ID : tx3g
                              Duration : 2 h 12 min
                              Bit rate mode : Variable
                              Bit rate : 69 b/s
                              Frame rate : 0.439 FPS
                              Stream size : 66.8 KiB (0%)
                              Forced : No
                              Alternate group : 3

Text #2
                              ID : 5
                              Duration : 2 h 12 min
                              Bit rate : 69 b/s
                              Frame rate : 0.439 FPS
                              Stream size : 66.8 KiB (0%)
                              Default : No
                              Mission Impossible 3 from Showtime Channel of Amazon Prime (using amazon downloader in StreamFab)
                              Code:
                              General
                              Complete name : F:\DVDFab Downloader\Amazon\Mission_ Impossible III.mp4
                              Format : MPEG-4
                              Format profile : Base Media
                              Codec ID : isom (isom/iso2/mp41)
                              File size : 7.96 GiB
                              Duration : 2 h 5 min
                              Overall bit rate mode : Variable
                              Overall bit rate : 9 045 kb/s
                              Collection : Mission: Impossible III
                              Track name : Mission: Impossible III
                              Description : Tom Cruise stars in this blockbuster 'Mission: Impossible' sequel. Ethan Hunt (Tom Cruise), the master of spy craft and disguise, faces his most wrenching enemy yet in the form of Owen Davian, a ruthless international arms dealer who kidnaps his fiancee.
                              Recorded date : 2006
                              Writing application : Lavf58.76.100
                              Cover : Yes

Video
                              ID : 1
                              Format : HEVC
                              Format/Info : High Efficiency Video Coding
                              Format profile : Main@L4@Main
                              Codec ID : hev1
                              Codec ID/Info : High Efficiency Video Coding
                              Bit rate : 8 397 kb/s
                              Width : 1 920 pixels
                              Height : 1 080 pixels
                              Display aspect ratio : 16:9
                              Frame rate mode : Constant
                              Frame rate : 23.976 (24000/1001) FPS
                              Standard : NTSC
                              Color space : YUV
                              Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
                              Bit depth : 8 bits
                              Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.169
                              Stream size : 7.39 GiB (93%)
                              Color range : Limited
                              Color primaries : BT.709
                              Transfer characteristics : BT.709
                              Matrix coefficients : BT.709
                              Codec configuration box : hvcC

Audio
                              ID : 3
                              Format : E-AC-3
                              Format/Info : Enhanced AC-3
                              Commercial name : Dolby Digital Plus
                              Codec ID : ec-3
                              Bit rate mode : Constant
                              Bit rate : 640 kb/s
                              Channel(s) : 6 channels
                              Channel layout : L R C LFE Ls Rs
                              Sampling rate : 48.0 kHz
                              Frame rate : 31.250 FPS (1536 SPF)
                              Compression mode : Lossy
                              Stream size : 576 MiB (7%)
                              Service kind : Complete Main
                              Alternate group : 1

Text
                              ID : 4
                              Duration : 2 h 3 min
                              Bit rate : 58 b/s
                              Frame rate : 0.357 FPS
                              Stream size : 52.7 KiB (0%)
                              They both have subs.

The others are queued up and downloading, but its been a long day, so I'll post the results in the morning, however they ALL showed EN subtitles in the download settings dialog box (i.e. screen where you pick resolution, audio, etc) so I'm expecting them to have subtitles included.

Oh and for the record, on the VIP Settings tab I have:
                              Amazon Region: Auto
                              Video Format: MP4
                              Video Codec: H265
                              Audio Channel: Multi-Channel 5.1 (EAC3/AC3)
                              Video Resolution: Full HD 1080p
                              Download HBO Max videos in 4K HDR10/Dolby vision if available: Checked
                              Subtitle Format: Remux into file
                              Pre-Select Audio Language: Same as UI Language
                              Pre-Select Subtitle Language: UI, ENU
                              Always download the forced subtitle: checked

And when downloading, I always select CVBR and the highest resolution/size available.
                              Last edited by KidJoe; 07-01-2022, 04:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X