Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by girdnerg View Post
    Didn't notice this thread. This is my thread with logs

I wish the developers would test the product before release. I do not work for Streamfab and am tired of doing the work for them.
    if you know how to use youtube-dlp (yt-dlp) you can download the subtitles yourself.

Comment

I may be missing something, but I think that app you are refrring to (youtube thing) only works with videos that are on U-Tube ?? What about the movies, shows etc that are only available on my paid for Paramount Plus provider? I admit I don't know much about U-Tube. IMHO the StreamFab programmers have been reasonably quick with responses and bug fixes, but this closed captioning problem seems to be a recurring one, and seems to be one that is taking a longer than usual time to fix. Yes I know some of us who depend on the closed captioning are a minority, but we pay the same bucks as everyone else. Generally I'm willing to wait for a fix, but I"m starting to worry.

Comment

Thought I'd add this info. The sub titles stop working when I re-download the same show that was previouly recorded okay. For example The show i recorded on June 17, ( Star Trek_ Strange New Worlds_S01E07_The Serene Squall) had the Subtitles working as normal WHEN I first recorded it 3 weeks ago. Since then, episodes (08 an 09) had no subtitles at all. So tongiht (July 5th) I did a fresh download of that same old episode (07) so I now have two copies I can compare side by side. Here is the autio info I gathered. The one that is shown below is from the June 17th download. It is different from the July 5th download in that what is circled in red is completely missing from the July 5 download of same show.. I believe that missing data (circled in red) is the sub title info. Looks like the sub title part of the audio downloads has NO data at all for anything I've been downloading since sometime a couple weeks ago. AND if I RE-download an older show that used to work, even that original older one nwwly downloaded ALSO doesn't work now.
        Click image for larger version  Name:	Audio Data.jpg Views:	0 Size:	38.1 KB ID:	412243

Last edited by Rich A; 07-06-2022, 04:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X