slight bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

slight bug

after updating to version 5.0.4.5, i cannot close the license window when streamfab starts.
    have to go into task manager just to close streamfab

Same here. Cannot use the app at all. Dropdown of all Streamfab products and their license info
    appears and it cannot be cleared. I had to reinstall 5.0.4.4.
    Last edited by captnvideo; 07-22-2022, 04:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by weavermovies View Post

When you did the update to version 5.0.4.2..... did you just click on the notification to "update now" that popped up in StreamFab..... or did you go to the StreamFab website..... download the offline downloader and run the update directly from your system?.....

If you didn't go to the website and download the appropriate offline downloader and then run it from your system..... I suggest that you do that and rerun the update.....
      I made that suggestion back when people were having problems for the update to 5.0.4.2..... and it righted the wrongs for those who had posted..... but the same logic applies.....

If you didn't download the offline downloader directly from the website..... I suggest you do so..... rerun it..... and see if that clears up your problem.....

No need to delete anything related to previous versions..... just run the offline downloader directly over top.....

And for the purposes of full disclosure..... I have not updated yet to StreamFab 5.0.4.5..... I'm still running 5.0.4.2.....

I also posted the following on that same day.....

Originally posted by weavermovies View Post
      I have been around DVDFab since 2011..... I thought this then..... and I still think it now.....

Many of the problems that arise have to do with taking the easy way and clicking on the "update now" when a request to allow a version update pops up in front of you.....

I always shut down StreamFab along with everything else which I may have running..... then go to the website..... download the 64 bit offline version of an update and then run it from my system..... and that is ANY website for any software that I use.....

It cuts out a number of variables that you have no control over regarding the internet itself and God only knows some of the clandestine ways users have themselves connected with VPN's and whatever..... and it also negates the possibility of a programmer having made a human error that would be inconsequential if the offline update was being used.....

One last thing..... when the update is complete and it asks you if you want to "Start StreamFab Now"..... never respond to start it..... Always just end the installation and let it close itself out..... That allows you to start StreamFab fresh in the normal way without any of these "shortcuts" that really shouldn't even be an option but somehow always is.....

Although..... like I said..... if you ask me why..... all I can offer is..... "just humor me".....
      Maybe it works..... Maybe it doesn't..... but all it costs you is a couple minutes of your time.....

Good luck!

​"Just because you can..... doesn't mean you should!"

"The only thing worse than the devil that you know..... is the devil that you don't!"

Comment

The problem is that the license window (this is new) which how appears upon login is too large for my screen. I cannot see the X at the top or the Close button at the bottom unless I change the scaling to 100% which makes everything way too small. The recommended scaling for my laptop is 150% and the recommended resolution is 1920 x 1080. Please make a fix so that the license window does not appear every time I log into Streamfab. Thank You.

Comment

same issue with the offline installer

Comment

Please make a fix so that the license window does not appear every time I log into Streamfab.
            It's there. Just click on the "Never show this again" or whatever is the wording. I had no problem with getting rid of the license window.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post

It's there. Just click on the "Never show this again" or whatever is the wording. I had no problem with getting rid of the license window.
              Thank you. But I had to temporarily change the scaling to 100% in order to accomplish this. It seems like I am the only one who uses the recommended settings of 150% scaling and 1920 x 1080 resolution and has problems with certain app screens being cut off on the top and bottom.

Comment

Originally posted by captnvideo View Post

Thank you. But I had to temporarily change the scaling to 100% in order to accomplish this. It seems like I am the only one who uses the recommended settings of 150% scaling and 1920 x 1080 resolution and has problems with certain app screens being cut off on the top and bottom.
                We will look into the problem, and fix it, please kindly wait, thanks.

Comment

The new version correctly scales the window so you can see the close buttons. Prior to this release you can close it by clicking "esc" key on keyboard.

Comment

Working...
                  X