Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our dearest Mona, Wilson & Developers - re: Peacock on StreamFab 5.0.3.7

Hiya,

Title s/b StreamFab 5.0.5.7 not 5.0.3.7 - I haven't slept in two days, due to building new computer system, so I'm fuzzy right now.

1. 5.0.5.7 gave me the "Kitty Picture" and said my system was not compatible with 5.0.5.7 when I tried to download Halloween Ends on Peacock.
    2. Exited 5.0.3.7, cleared cache/temp/logs then ran 5.0.5.7 as Administrator an it did not give me the "Kitty Picture" but never started anything when it got to analysis step.
    3. Uninstalled 5.0.3.7, deleted temp, log files, rebooted P.C., installed 5.0.5.7 and it ran fine.

Can you please make sure that the programmer looks at the privileges needed to execute a download from specific streaming services.

I've seen some entries in the registry related the "administrator & privileges" for StreamFab processes.

1. Is the programmer forgetting to modify registry or privileges needed when he does some new code or changes?
    2. After the programmer makes changes is he running some streaming tests with a "normal privileged account" just in case - because otherwise he might never catch these things.

Mike
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Mike_M; 10-14-2022, 08:56 PM.

Mike,
    I really don't think it is SF 5.0.5.7 that is causing the Peacock problem. I logged into StreamFab at 6:15am ET this morning and found that 5.0.5.7 had been released just moments before. I DLed it and installed it. I then loaded up Peacock and downloaded 4 shows... Days of Our Lives and the three Law & Order shows from the night before. I had ZERO problems downloading them at that time. Now, it's a total kittyfest. This is not 5.0.5.7, Peacock has made some sort of change some time after 7am ET. It doesn't appear to be DRM because it doesn't get that far. Peacock is recognizing the SF browser as not compatible with it. I had suggested many times that SF should have a User-Agent changer built-in but I'm not sure that would even help as there are other ways to determine which browser is being used now.
    Well, there's not much we can do except wait to see what the Developer comes up with on Monday and beyond.

Comment

After reading Cat4U's comments, it made me think about the browser since I was having the same problem. Checked Chrome and Firefox and I was on the latest. Just for the heck of it I launched Edge on my windows machine and there was an update there. Looking out on the MS site, they released an update to the stable channel this morning for Chromium security updates. Took the update, relaunched SteamFab and things are working. Possibly the developers use pieces of code that were affected by the update. May not help everyone but figured it's worth mentioning.

Comment

A change in Edge code shouldn't have anything to do with SF's browser. SF uses CEF (Chromium Embedded Framework) which is related to Edge but never the twain shall meet. I did a little test related to the browser's User Agent. I found that SF's browser has the User Agent of Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/102.0.5005.115 Safari/537.36. In other words it is making itself look like Chrome 102.0.5005.115 on a Windows 10 computer. So to see if Peacock was rejecting this browser's User Agent I took my Chrome browser which has a Chrome version of 106.something and using a User Agent Switcher I changed it to the User Agent that the SF's browser has. I then tried to go and watch something on Peacock. I was not rejected. So, it looks like Peacock is not specifically blocking SF based on User Agent.

News update!!!!! It looks like Peacock is working again. I just got Halloween Ends and a Law & Order episode while I was typing the above. More about it later after more testing.

Comment

I just downloaded 2 more Peacock shows with no problems. I'm going to tentatively declare this crisis over. Which is a good thing because today I got a Covid-19 booster in one arm and a Senior (extra strength) Flu shot in the other and I'm having trouble lifting up my arms to type. Out for now. Enjoy your Peacock!

Comment

It’s still not working for me. Tried Days of our Lives and Halloween Ends. No luck and just the same kitty others reported.

Comment

Its still not working for me in 5057. I guess I am out of luck, it also won't hold the login credentials.
              Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post
                I just downloaded 2 more Peacock shows with no problems. I'm going to tentatively declare this crisis over. Which is a good thing because today I got a Covid-19 booster in one arm and a Senior (extra strength) Flu shot in the other and I'm having trouble lifting up my arms to type. Out for now. Enjoy your Peacock!
                Try and play Halloween Ends, its not there. Nothing in the folder, it looks as if it downloaded but there is no file.

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post

Try and play Halloween Ends, its not there. Nothing in the folder, it looks as if it downloaded but there is no file.
                  I hate to tell you but I've downloaded Halloween Ends three times since very early this morning. Every time someone started a new thread that they couldn't download it, I downloaded it again. Which brings up a pet peeve of mine, why don't people read other posts and add to them rather than starting their own thread and saying the exact same thing? Anyway, try this little trick I use. I am not saying it is the ultimate answer to the problem, it's just a method I use after trial and error and it seems to work for me. Do NOT click on a show's icon/thumbnail/whatever_you_want_to_call_it when you see it on the main website display even if it is the exact video you want at that moment. Do a Search on the show/movie name. When the results come up then you can click on the resulting video you want. If you try both ways you'll see that the Search click method brings up a different display where you can choose the season/episode you want and the other way just gives you what they want to give you. StreamFab seems to like better when you start off with an exact season/episode. I know I am not explaining this very well but it doesn't really matter. Just avoid the urge to just click on the show if you see it on Peacock's offering of shows display. Instead, search for the show with the magnifying glass and click on the resulting show you want.

The other thing is, I've been won over to the idea of being in Administrative mode when using StreamFab.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post

1. I hate to tell you but I've downloaded Halloween Ends three times since very early this morning.
                    2. The other thing is, I've been won over to the idea of being in Administrative mode when using StreamFab.
                    (above quote edited by Mike)

Cats4U,

I've downloaded Halloween Ends a few times from Peacock.

But only on StreamFab 5.0.5.3 - Current release locks up on analysis for me.

The PeaCat seems to not come around when I run in Administrative mode. :-)

Mike

Comment

it also won't hold the login credentials.
                      Totally unrelated problem. Please don't go off on a tangent. Mona has replied several times that they are aware of the problem but have been unable to fix it so far. I even transferred my Peacock cookies from my Chrome browser (where I am auto-logged in) to StreamFab to see if I could get it to work. But I couldn't. So, it's something more than just having the right cookies stored away. Just be patient, they'll eventually get it.

Comment

Its still not working for me in 5057. I guess I am out of luck, it also won't hold the login credentials.
                        Chameleon,

Even though it won't hold the logon credentials, it will still show some of those attempts by StreamFab to use Peacock as devices logged in if you logon to Peacock under browser and look at Account devices logged on.

Even if you logged out or even did not check the box to keep you logged in.

Peacock has a limit of 3 interactive logons and sometimes when I logged on thru the browser and looked at the Account devices, there was more than three.

Even though I'm just using the one computer and made sure Peacock is not logged into TV's.

Alternatively, if your browser or computer crashes while you’re watching a show, when you start re-watching, our system might think that you’re still watching Peacock on the device from before the crash occurred and will count it toward the limit on the number of simultaneous streams. Try waiting ten minutes before watching again. - Peacock Hurt Center

1. It *might* be worthwhile for those having problems to logon to Peacock Account, see how many devices are logged in and Log them all off.

Then wait ten minutes and try StreamFab again.

2. I'd also advise trying to download the movie from the logon screen, click download now & don't leave that screen - just to test to see if that makes a difference.

There is a downloading indicator on the left of the screen (don't click it, it'll just jump off the main screen and go to queue) that indicates a downloading status.

Mike

Night mode of Streamfab is kinda Halloweenie colored (Black/Orange)

I'm not really attached to my attachments, so you can peruse them.

Attached Files
                        Last edited by Mike_M; 10-16-2022, 01:33 AM.

Comment

Thank you all , I will wait until they fix it.

Comment

About the "Kitty Picture", the developer said that it should not affect the download process, please try not to playback the content through StreamFab browser.
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot-20221017-150825.png
Views:	583
Size:	547.7 KB
ID:	416388

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
                              About the "Kitty Picture", the developer said that it should not affect the download process, please try not to playback the content through StreamFab browser.
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot-20221017-150825.png
Views:	583
Size:	547.7 KB
ID:	416388
                              Mona,

The first time you enter StreamFab and click Halloween Ends on Peacock it starts the download process.

If it's interrupted or for some reason (such as Peacock logging you out) you have to do it again you *can't* simply clear cookies and cache and then click the *exact* same thing again, because *that* will attempt to play movie instead of the analysis & download process and you'll get this Kitty page from above.

You're actually doing the exact same process the exact same way, but your get the above kitty picture on a second attempt.

You have to exit StreamFab & do it again.

I'm pretty sure that I've gotten the above kitty screen on my first attempt on initially logging into StreamFab and will make note if it occurs again.

When I've gotten this screen I exit StreamFab, manually clear logs/cache & try again which seems to work for me.

Don't know if it's the exiting or the clearing of cache though.

Mike

Comment

Working...
                              X