This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mona View Post
    If all goes well, the Amazon low-quality problem could be fixed in the new version this week.
    It happens on NetFlix too.

Comment

Originally posted by Marty92 View Post

Will the choice between CVBR and CBR be possible again ?
      Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Kev_UK View Post

It happens on NetFlix too.
        In the coming version, the download quality of Netflix should be back like it was before the DRM update.

Comment

In the coming version, the download quality of Netflix should be back like it was before the DRM update.
          When can we expect new version Mona

Comment

Originally posted by Idreams View Post

When can we expect new version Mona
            Mona 2.0 is currently under development...

Please kindly wait.

Mike

Comment

I am really curious to see how this new version will pan out. I know we are all annoyed by the fact the competitor is "back to normal" but it actually isn't.

Most new stuff i download from Prime is in 540p and they have this canned response when you bring it up that it depends on many factors including geo-location and they are working on it.

To me, it looks like they are just getting individual keys for the most popular stuff and adding them to their database. Doesn't seem like the program is actively getting the keys on-the-fly and then sending it back to the mothership to store in the DB for the next schmo to use.

Speculations of course since i have no clue how the program works. Just that there are a lot of reports of only 540p and/or unable to decrypt the stream error messages.

Comment

Originally posted by jpp72 View Post
                I am really curious to see how this new version will pan out. I know we are all annoyed by the fact the competitor is "back to normal" but it actually isn't.

Most new stuff i download from Prime is in 540p and they have this canned response when you bring it up that it depends on many factors including geo-location and they are working on it.

To me, it looks like they are just getting individual keys for the most popular stuff and adding them to their database. Doesn't seem like the program is actively getting the keys on-the-fly and then sending it back to the mothership to store in the DB for the next schmo to use.

Speculations of course since i have no clue how the program works. Just that there are a lot of reports of only 540p and/or unable to decrypt the stream error messages.
                In the end, StreamFab may actually handle the new CDM better than the other program.

According to Mona, the next version will be released soon.​

Comment

Originally posted by jpp72 View Post
                  I am really curious to see how this new version will pan out.
                  I'm also curious to see how HBO Max & Apple+ will be affected and if they will finally be upgraded to what they used to be.

Also Season Three of Jack Ryan seems to be an issue for both in getting higher resolution, hope one of them will soon rectify this.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Marty92 View Post

In the end, StreamFab may actually handle the new CDM better than the other program.

According to Mona, the next version will be released soon.​
                    She never said that. All she said was that the developer said that the quality of the videos would be as good as it was before the DRM change. Does that mean that they were able to, for lack of a better word, crack the new Widevine-2 CDM/DRM or did they super improve their re-encode method? I asked her that question last night with plenty of time to go in her work shift and didn't get an answer. I guess we'll find out on Friday when they release the new version 1 minute before they rush out the door for their weekend. It's either going to make for a merry Christmas or it will be the equivalent to a lump of coal in your stocking.

Hi all, let's just calm down a little bit. A new version will be released this week, according to the developers, the new version can make the quality back to what it was before the DRM update.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post

She never said that. All she said was that the developer said that the quality of the videos would be as good as it was before the DRM change. Does that mean that they were able to, for lack of a better word, crack the new Widevine-2 CDM/DRM or did they super improve their re-encode method? I asked her that question last night with plenty of time to go in her work shift and didn't get an answer. I guess we'll find out on Friday when they release the new version 1 minute before they rush out the door for their weekend. It's either going to make for a merry Christmas or it will be the equivalent to a lump of coal in your stocking.
                      Hi Cats4U,

Yeppers, that's one reason I've wondered so much about HBOMax & Apple+ because Mona said it would be back to where it was before this last DRM change.

I caught that.

I don't want those back to what they were before this latest DRM change, I want them back to their original 1080p & 720p respectively.

I don't know if StreamFab can rely on HBOMax as a channel thru Amazon Prime to give them breathing room on actually getting HBOMax direct website back to it's better state depending on what pans out with Amazon Prime itself and it's channel subscriptions.

Like Jack Ryan Season three being low resolution - I think Amazon Prime is gonna need the Widevine-1 DRM and that'll probably apply to channels too.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by artsunlimited View Post
                        Down2Earth

Uh, wut? And "-1 others"? Which one of us is being cut off at the knees here?
                        I think that would be me "artsunlimited' getting cut off at the knees........not even sure how that happened....I logged on today and found this post in notifications in reference. I never posted anything to this thread, I'm not even using 6.0.0.8, still using 6.0.0.7 and I would still be on 6.0.0.1 if it wasn't for the DRM change that I had to update to it just so I could even log on to any of the sites using Streamfab after the change. Just to let you know.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post

Hi all, let's just calm down a little bit. A new version will be released this week, according to the developers, the new version can make the quality back to what it was before the DRM update.
                          Woah! Is this the first time Mona referred to 'developers' as opposed to 'the developer'?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_M View Post
                            I don't want those back to what they were before this latest DRM change, I want them back to their original 1080p & 720p respectively.
                            Exactly!

I don't know if StreamFab can rely on HBOMax as a channel thru Amazon Prime to give them breathing room on actually getting HBOMax direct website back to it's better state depending on what pans out with Amazon Prime itself and it's channel subscriptions.
                            ​They've had nine months and delivered exactly zip in restoring HBOMax to the original 816 and 1080p while the competition did it within 5 days, and if they think people don't notice that when they comparison shop, they need to read some customer comments on other forums.

So if the strategy is indeed to coast for another nine because Prime has HBOMax, they really need to rethink that. Not only is Prime is a lot more expensive than HBO as a cable add-on channel, but it's already cut content that HBOMax still has.

Comment

Originally posted by Down2Earth View Post

I think that would be me "artsunlimited' getting cut off at the knees........not even sure how that happened....I logged on today and found this post in notifications in reference. I never posted anything to this thread, I'm not even using 6.0.0.8, still using 6.0.0.7 and I would still be on 6.0.0.1 if it wasn't for the DRM change that I had to update to it just so I could even log on to any of the sites using Streamfab after the change. Just to let you know.
                              I figured it had to be a glitch, but in case you had commented it's important to make sre it wasn't lost. And I'm with you - the only reason I'm using 6.0.0.8. is that I can download in 1080p whatever content I could get in 6.0.0.5., and even that upgrade wasn't something I'd have done voluntarily!

Comment

So is the latest version still allowing downloads at a low quality or have they gone up to 1080p?

Comment

Working...
                                X