This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6.0.0.8. still has Prime 480-540p limitations

Dang, so not what I wanted to see this morning...

I guess 540p is marginally better than 480p - but this continued limitation should be in the release notes so people don't get their hopes up: this is not the Amazon save they've been hoping for.

I'm really hoping that because there's no streaming service status update (which was included in 6.0.0.7.), that doesn't mean the developers have decided this version is the best they can do.

The only difference I can see between this and 6.0.0.7 for Prime is that anything downloadable in 1080p EAC3 with 6.0.0.5./6 will continue to download at 1080p EAC3 with 6.0.0.8. - it doesn't reduce to 280p and/or fail, so you don't have to roll back to an earlier version to keep downloading those selections.

FYI, I can download some content from Peacock without endless analysis with this version.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2022-12-16 06.57.14.png Views:	6 Size:	151.0 KB ID:	419216
    Last edited by artsunlimited; 12-16-2022, 12:21 PM.

Peacock is not fixed yet content after December 10 still doesn't work

Comment

What if we used the version before the change up in video quality? Would that fix anything or any version we use from the past won't work on the new revision on these sites?

Comment

Originally posted by greekguy80 View Post
        What if we used the version before the change up in video quality? Would that fix anything or any version we use from the past won't work on the new revision on these sites?
        No, keys are provided by SF servers so all versions will fail.

Comment

It's not just Prime, I was trying to download something off NetFlix and was getting that popup.

Comment

Originally posted by Kev_UK View Post
            It's not just Prime, I was trying to download something off NetFlix and was getting that popup.
            I just got it with "The Big 4" which dropped on the 14th, but despite that, it still downloads in 1080p/EAC3 before re-encoding (which is taking forever) - unlike Prime.

I've been able to download anything earlier than Dec 10th in 1080p consistently from Netflix in the US using 6.0.0.5/7 and now 8 without once getting that notification - I figured that was why Netflix didn't get a specific mention in the 6.0.0.7 release notes.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2022-12-18 00.52.29..png Views:	0 Size:	43.1 KB ID:	419312
            Last edited by artsunlimited; 12-18-2022, 05:48 AM.

Comment

Just tried downloading the latest episode of Blue Bloods on the Prime Paramount+ channel at 540p. Not only did it take forever during the re-encoding but it produced a video without any audio. One step forward, two steps back. Sheesh.

Comment

I think it has been fixed whatever it was, as just was able to download pilot of count arthur strong on prime

Comment

I think it has been fixed whatever it was, as just was able to download pilot of count arthur strong on prime
                  Uh no. Being able to download the pilot of a 10-year-old series from Prime UK that isn't new content doesn't mean the DRM Issue has been "fixed." While everyone has found some selections that could be downloaded in 1080p/EAC3 after Dec 10th, the majority of Prime content is only downloading at a substandard 480-540p SD resolution with reduced audio. A DRM deprecation like this doesn't magically fix itself, and doubly so when the current SF release is still reliant on re-encoding.

Comment

Originally posted by artsunlimited View Post

Uh no. Being able to download the pilot of a 10-year-old series from Prime UK that isn't new content doesn't mean the DRM Issue has been "fixed." While everyone has found some selections that could be downloaded in 1080p/EAC3 after Dec 10th, the majority of Prime content is only downloading at a substandard 480-540p SD resolution with reduced audio. A DRM deprecation like this doesn't magically fix itself, and doubly so when the current SF release is still reliant on re-encoding.
                    Yea I spoke too soon, as tried getting something off NetFlix and didnt work.

Comment

Yea I spoke too soon, as tried getting something off NetFlix and didnt work.
                      Grrr, annoying. How "didn't work" - if you don't mind my asking? As in stuck on analyzing, or would only downloaded in SD, or failed to download altogether? I haven't encountered any problems with Netflix US, but I'm sure my experience isn't universal, especially as I'm not downloading post-Dec 10th content at present.

Comment

Down2Earth

Uh, wut? And "-1 others"? Which one of us is being cut off at the knees here?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-12-18 22.36.13.png
Views:	910
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	419344
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-12-18 22.36.21.png
Views:	929
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	419345

Comment

Originally posted by artsunlimited View Post

Grrr, annoying. How "didn't work" - if you don't mind my asking? As in stuck on analyzing, or would only downloaded in SD, or failed to download altogether? I haven't encountered any problems with Netflix US, but I'm sure my experience isn't universal, especially as I'm not downloading post-Dec 10th content at present.
                          It just downloads on a lower resolution or takes longer to download, it is a StreamFab issue and not the streaming servers as I use another downloading program and it is working fine on that.

Comment

If all goes well, the Amazon low-quality problem could be fixed in the new version this week.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
                              If all goes well, the Amazon low-quality problem could be fixed in the new version this week.
                              Will the choice between CVBR and CBR be possible again ?

Comment

Working...
                              X