Problem with downloads from Peacock using StreamFab 6.1.0.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with downloads from Peacock using StreamFab 6.1.0.0

I try to download Premier League matches from Peacock for personal off-line viewing. I use StreamFab 6.1.0.0 (fresh install from off-line installer). The "Analysis" and "Download" phases go well, both video & audio fragments are downloaded completely - but then in the "Processing" phase it seems that the video fragments are not correctly merged into the single MP4 file (the log says "Info: Repair mp4 file:...." for each video fragment) resulting in just 2 kB video part of MP4. The audio part is merged from individual audio fragments well without any problems. After the "Remuxing" phase, the resulting MP4 file has just the size of audio (around 80 MB) and plays just the audio part during playback - without video which is replaced just by the cover photo. Previously (before the World Cup), I had no problem at all to download Premier League matches for personal off-line viewing but currently I cannot download even the older PL matches which I could successfully download before with older versions of Streamfab. When I tried to use that older version of StreamFab 5.0.5.0, I get always stuck on "Analysis" phase and it shows the error with cat. Do you have any idea what is wrong, please? Does anybody experienced this issue, too? I have already sent the log files to developers, hope they fix it soon. Thanks!

Click image for larger version  Name:	obrazek.png Views:	0 Size:	17.6 KB ID:	420105
    Last edited by Michael12; 12-28-2022, 04:32 PM.

Your VPN is being blocked. This is not StreamFabs fault. Most all providers are blocking VPNs now. Your lucky if you can use one for a day before its blocked.
    Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post
      Your VPN is being blocked. This is not StreamFabs fault. Most all providers are blocking VPNs now. Your lucky if you can use one for a day before its blocked.
      This is incorrect. I've been using Express VPN to successfully access Prime UK, Canada and Australia, as well as Netflix Canada and Stan in Australia, since September.

It also doesn't explain why I'm not using a VPN to access Peacock in the US, and can watch Premier League replays on my browser, but StreamFab can't analyze them and throws up this DRM-class browser/license error.

When a VPN is blocked, the download usually fails at the outset - it doesn't proceed and then fall apart during processing. This is a StreamFab issue.

Michael12, is this by any chance your error message? I'm getting this on v. 6.1.0.0. which is stuck on analysis.​

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-12-28 14.29.07.png
Views:	834
Size:	130.4 KB
ID:	420115

You might check out Mona's suggestion on this thread, where people still reporting post-DRM shakeup issues with Peacock and Paramount+.

https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...essages​
      Last edited by artsunlimited; 12-28-2022, 07:51 PM.

Comment

Try to uninstall StreamFab using Revo Uninstaller Free and then also use it to scan for every leftovers and remove everything it finds.
        Then install 6.1.0.0 again,

I have no problems getting 6.1.0.0 to work on Peacock using that method and i also use VPN.​

Comment

Thank you very much for your response! I have tried what you adviced, but my problem still persists. It looks to me that this issue is specific to the PL content on Peacock. When I tried to download another content (such as episode from movie series), it downloaded OK without any problems at all. If you have time, can you please try to download one of this weekend PL matches to see if it works for you? Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by hankeM View Post
            Thank you very much for your response! I have tried what you adviced, but my problem still persists. It looks to me that this issue is specific to the PL content on Peacock. When I tried to download another content (such as episode from movie series), it downloaded OK without any problems at all. If you have time, can you please try to download one of this weekend PL matches to see if it works for you? Thanks!
            Actually it downloads quite well if your VPN isn't blocked. You can listen to who you want, but please do not take anything these members tell you for a fact, they are clueless. The matches are blocked by VPN access, while Peacock itself is available to everything else. I happen to be studying in the USA for a time now and I have checked all of it.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Peacock Premiere league.jpg Views:	2 Size:	10.7 KB ID:	420120
            Last edited by Chameleon; 12-28-2022, 09:13 PM.

Comment

My download also goes well (content for both video and audio temp folders is downloaded completely) - the problem I have is later on during the "Processing" phase when the individual video fragments are not correctly merged into one file (approx. 3 GB in size) so the resulting MP4 video file is just 2 kB or so. Please, read again my initial post where I explain everything in detail.

Comment

My download also goes well (content for both video and audio temp folders is downloaded completely) - the problem I have is later on during the "Processing" phase when the individual video fragments are not correctly merged into one file (approx. 3 GB in size) so the resulting MP4 video file is just 2 kB or so. Please, read again my initial post where I explain everything in detail.
                Here you go my friend. Its good you sent information to the developers, they will help you.
                Click image for larger version  Name:	PL.jpg Views:	1 Size:	14.4 KB ID:	420125
                Last edited by Chameleon; 12-28-2022, 09:39 PM.

Comment

Thanks for your effort, Chameleon! But please, can you make sure that this video really plays? My final MP4 file looks exactly same as yours BUT it plays just audio track with no video track (cover picture is displayed for all time instead) and its size is just around 80 MB instead of approx. 3 GB. So please, can you check the file size of your MP4 file which Streamfab has produced and if video is part of playback?
                  Last edited by Michael12; 12-28-2022, 09:42 PM.

Comment

You're most welcome! And I agree, I think it's PL content that's the issue, and not VPN access.

Here's what I've got so far: I can also download movies without issue, just as you can. When I got that error on the Chelsea v. Bournemouth replay - again, without a VPN. which Chameleon is convinced blocks everything - which is about 7 hours old at this time, I figured newer content might not be accessible and so tried for the replay of Gunners v. West Ham (same file as they downloaded, above) which dropped on the 26th.
                    THAT will download, but it took its own sweet bloody time doing it.

And the result is - a file that's 2:53:54 long, but that's only 116MB as it has no video, only audio. So, same result as yours. Again, that's without a VPN.
                    Last edited by artsunlimited; 12-28-2022, 10:24 PM.

Comment

You are so kind, artsunlimited, thanks so much for your effort! I just have a feeling that you choosed the longest match for download as it might include additional footage which followed the match. So in order to speed it up little bit, you can try the match I am especially interested in, which is Crystal Palace v. Fulham from December 26. This should be much shorter and therefore download faster. Just to to remind you, Streamfab produces MP4 file for me but it is very small (just around 80 MB) and does NOT contain video track (normally the size of a final MP4 file should be approx. 3 GB, as I am downloading 720p video resolution, which also might be important to note). I have noticed that during the "Processing" phase, when the log says "Info: Repair mp4 file...." for each MP4 fragment downloaded in the temp video folder, each "corrupted" video fragment in this temporary folder is DELETED by Streamfab one after another, so during the "Remuxing" phase, this temp video folder is already completely EMPTY! So no surprise that at the end the MP4 file is so small as it includes audio track only. Thanks again in advance for your effort, I really appreciate it!
                      Last edited by Michael12; 12-28-2022, 10:23 PM.

Comment

You are so kind, artsunlimited, thanks so much for your effort! I just have a feeling that you choosed the longest match for download as it might include additional footage which followed the match. So in order to speed it up little bit, you can try the match I am especially interested in, which is Crystal Palace v. Fulham from December 26. This should be much shorter and therefore download faster. Just to to remind you, Streamfab produces MP4 file for me but it is very small (just around 80 MB) and does NOT contain video track (normally the size of a final MP4 file should be approx. 3 GB, as I am downloading 720p video resolution, which also might be important to note). I have noticed that during the "Processing" phase, when the log says "Info: Repair mp4 file...." for each MP4 fragment downloaded in the temp video folder, each "corrupted" video fragment in this temporary folder is DELETED by Streamfab one after another, so during the "Remuxing" phase, this temp video folder is already completely EMPTY! So no surprise that at the end the MP4 file is so small as it includes audio track only. Thanks again in advance for your effort, I really appreciate it!
                        It's my pleasure, hankeM - any time! I just downloaded CP v Fulham at 720p, and I have the same result - while it shows a thumbnail, the file is only 83.6MB, and has no video, only an audio track.

Again, without a VPN.

Mona - this issue isn't going to be resolved by logging out of all devices and logging in. Again, it's Premier League matches, and not movie downloads, that are affected - and League matches less than 24 hours old produce that kitty 6006 DRM error. Please let us know if you need more information!
                        Last edited by artsunlimited; 12-28-2022, 11:05 PM.

Comment

I can play it just fine, too bad the OP cannot. With the advice given here, I am surprised anything or anyone gets something to play if they have an issue. I saw another thread where members here tell the developer he is wrong, so I have concluded that people here are just so full of themselves that they need to feel important. Its a sad forum for sure. Too bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post
                            I can play it just fine, too bad the OP cannot. With the advice given here, I am surprised anything or anyone gets something to play if they have an issue. I saw another thread where members here tell the developer he is wrong, so I have concluded that people here are just so full of themselves that they need to feel important. Its a sad forum for sure. Too bad.
                            I'll just leave this here. AGAIN.

self-a·ware·ness
                            /ˌselfəˈwernəs/
                            noun
                            1. conscious knowledge of one's own character, feelings, motives, and reactions.
                            2. a conscious awareness of one’s internal states and interactions with others.

Comment

Originally posted by artsunlimited View Post

It's my pleasure, hankeM - any time! I just downloaded CP v Fulham at 720p, and I have the same result - while it shows a thumbnail, the file is only 83.6MB, and has no video, only an audio track.

Again, without a VPN.

Mona - this issue isn't going to be resolved by logging out of all devices and logging in. Again, it's Premier League matches, and not movie downloads, that are affected - and League matches less than 24 hours old produce that kitty 6006 DRM error. Please let us know if you need more information!
                              Thanks so much for your time, artsunlimited!!! Now, when you were able to replicate my issue (even without VPN), I am sure this issue is not specific to my PC settings, so now I will wait for the response from Mona & Streamfab developers. Once again, thank you very much, I really do appreciate your cooperation!

Comment

Working...
                              X