Quota of 50 downloads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quota of 50 downloads

Hello, I would like to ask you to go back if possible to the quota of 100 downloads, 50 downloads is too little and I can't download series with 55 episodes and I have to wait 24 hours to be able to complete it, increase the quota of downloads as it was before out of 100 please.

Would really help if they would (at minimum) do it with discoveryplus before all the content is removed. Since they've acquired the merge with warner/hbo there's a giant list of shows that are going dark and being removed from the lineup which are speculated to never see the light of day again. Would be nice to archive such shows before they completely merge and everything is ran through hmax. The removal list of cut shows is HUGE!

Comment

Originally posted by corey75 View Post
      Would really help if they would (at minimum) do it with discoveryplus before all the content is removed. Since they've acquired the merge with warner/hbo there's a giant list of shows that are going dark and being removed from the lineup which are speculated to never see the light of day again. Would be nice to archive such shows before they completely merge and everything is ran through hmax. The removal list of cut shows is HUGE!
      Do you have a list somewhere of what is being removed? I am currently re-downloading all the 90 Day Fiance stuff with the proper subtitles and lower bitrate cause the "scene" keeps releasing episodes at stupidly high bitrates for reality shows. Why do you need 8000kbps when 3500 is plenty? Since there is no DRM, and the Discovery+ module in StreamFab doesn't download the subtitles, i just use yt-dlp. No stupid 50 downloads restriction... Yes stupid because it used to be 100...

Comment

the creators of streamfab wrote on the site page that the limited quota is a measure that they've put in place so that the companies hopefully won't get suspicious of people downloading content straight from their servers, but could there be an addon that is available to purchase that at least increases the daily quota to like 500 (as the competition has done, at least atm it's still present) or even 100 or 200, as that would be an improvement over the 50 we have right now. Of course I would also like to request an addon to remove the restriction entirely, but that probably won't happen because of the creator's wishes related to the drm stuff, which is understandable but at the same time custom tools (that are kept private but occasionally leaked on git hub) don't have this artificial restriction put in place to limit the number of downloads per day.

Comment

What is annoying is that it used to be 100. Back when i first bought it, i saw that it said 50 but the reality was 100. I obviously didn't want to bring it up and then suddenly it was 50.

Comment

It doesnt matter how many you download the providers know these programs exist.
            Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

The quota really hurts on Amazon due to the quota of 50 per day being applied to Amazon overall without consideration of all the subscribed channels that fall under the Amazon overall quota.

There are ton's of series on Amazon and added channels that quickly eat up the overall 50 quota.

I *think* I've pretty much gotten Discovery+ series that I really wanted to have for future access, but there are always some newly discovered series from subscribed channels that I get into.

I also wonder if the server load for StreamFab and their equipment's ability to handle increased load comes into play for their 50 download quota - despite being told they don't want the streaming services to notice.

Mike

US - CST, No VPN, Win10/64Pro & Win11/64 Pro,
              StreamFab 6.1.0.0 "beta tester" /Sarcasm, StreamFab 6.0.0.4 for Apple+, Other for HBOMax & Paramount+​

Comment

From a user perspective... I'm was trying to download The Simpsons from Disney+, and kind of gave up due to the limits. I get that the limits are a pain. And it sucks that its 50 per service per day PER FAB account! So while I have 3+ license authorizations on my account, if I run StreamFab on my laptop and desktop, its only 50 total from "Disney+" for me that day, not 50 from each computer. (I would need to create a 2nd FAB account and purchase StreamFab under it to get another 50 per service per day)

But seeing as I and another forum member had reported being blocked by Disney+ for "suspicious activity", having a limit of 50 per day as an attempt to keep the Streaming Services from detecting usage is not an entirely misplaced goal.

In my case, I had been using StreamFab to download 45-50 episodes per day for 4 days straight from Disney+ when my WAN IP for my home internet got blocked by Disney. Every device (including PC w/StreamFab, my Roku, my FireTV Stick, my Nvidia Shield, etc) behind my home router that I tried Disney+ on received the same error until after my router's WAN IP address changed. Cell phone via cell network was not impacted as it was a different WAN/Internet IP address

Hi, I have just purchased the Disney+ Downloader for Windows. I am trying to log in, but I'm being blocked by Disney+ because of suspicious activity from my IP address. I have tried using a VPN, and also tethering to my Mobile Phone, and I am still getting the same error. Can somebody please assist? Is this a known issue

So over the past few days, I had been queueing up the Simpsons TV series and downloading over night. I've completed up to Season 8. Today when I tried to sign into Disney+ via StreamFab, I got a black screen, no graphics or sign in options. Upon deleting my SF temp folders and trying again, I got to the Disney+ Login screen

Sure, a VPN could be used, but some streaming services block VPN traffic.

And yes tools on GitHub and the like don't have limits because their authors don't care about what you do with that method, or if it becomes unavailable. You didn't pay them for that tool on GitHub or such and they have no responsibility to try and fix it if it stops working.

Comment

there are programs like kigo downloader that do work (up to 720p because L3, prob from an android phone, or they could've gotten latest chromecdm from somewhere) but they cost a bit of money and they re-encode everything (low, mid, high quality presets) but at least they keep whatever audio and subtitles you preselect before it downloads. so if you want to download without limit but just sacrifice by reencoding, then programs like that are an alternative. but for me unless my subscription ends the next day and I can't afford to renew, i'd just wait and download the next day.

for me on amazon I got that channels deal for a couple bucks for a couple months but I simply forget to go through and download absolutely everything (waiting until the next day if I reach the limit)
                  the best option for me is that I have 2 dvdfab 365 subs on separate emails, plus a 3rd one from a friend, so I can download 150 movies/episodes per day if I wanted to, but most days I just forget to download all 50 and so I just waste my quota.

Comment

50 per day is fine. What is not fine though is that if I dont download anything today, then the 2nd day I should hae 100, and 3 days without downloads it should go to 150 and so on, to a max of 250 or 500.

Comment

Working...
                    X