Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions To Those Who Have HBOmax Addon To Prime Video

What is your success rate?

Are you getting newly-added titles in 1080p?

Are you getting the full catalog or just select titles (if known)?

Would it be worth the investment to switch to "Prime Plus HBOmax" instead of keeping HBOmax as a stand-alone subscription?

Anything else we should be aware of?

Originally posted by BradYonder View Post
    What is your success rate?

Are you getting newly-added titles in 1080p?

Are you getting the full catalog or just select titles (if known)?

Would it be worth the investment to switch to "Prime Plus HBOmax" instead of keeping HBOmax as a stand-alone subscription?

Anything else we should be aware of?
    Hiya BradYonder,

Right now I'm on a discounted rate from HBO Max direct website of $9 for two more months.

I'd like to know the answer to these questions too.

Current using "The Competition" for HBO Max direct website which is working good with 1080p.

But...

It would be nice to know the answer to your questions - especially considering that Discovery+ is supposed to be merged in with HBO Max this spring & become "Max".

I'm wondering if Amazon Prime with HBO Max will have Discovery+ also - it should, and what the price will be since I currently pay $4.99 + Taxes for Discovery+ on Amazon Prime.

I would not be surprised if HBO Max increases it's prices when it merges with Discovery+ but it'll be a bummer since they are thinning both catalogs.

I also would not be surprised if due to Looney Tunes & other possible thinning of Discovery shows that it doesn't offer another option like Max Plus that'll add back some content just to get extra money and then only offer that directly thru it's own website.

I'll go with what makes the most sense with content access/1080p/Quality and money.

Sigh...

Mike

US - CST, No VPN, Win10/64Pro, Win11/64Pro, RTX 3080ti
    StreamFab Lifetime Current version, "The Competitor" Lifetime for HBO Max Direct website,
    Topaz AI for 720p/sub enhancement & upscale, Roku Ultra to TV's for hardware upscaling
    Last edited by Mike_M; 01-11-2023, 01:01 PM.

Comment

So for HBO Max Channel on Prime, it's been real good. All the stuff i download is 1080p H265.

There have been a few glitches but that is more Amazon Prime and was happening before the CDM change (Random episodes downloading in H264 or 720p)

The beauty of having the HBO Max channel on Prime is that i can login to the HBO Max direct site with my Amazon login. That way, i can go to the Last Chance stuff to see what is being removed and queue them up in StreamFab to download at 1080p H265 MKV. Competitor can't do MKV or pick the bitrate so i only use as a last resort.

For Discovery+, i only use yt-dlp because:
      • No download limit
      • I can download subtitles*
      • I can pick the bitrate & resolution
      *StreamFab has never downloaded subtitles from Discovery+. It may have worked at some point but not since i have been using it. The sad thing is, i explained exactly how to get them here.

Then Discovery+ decided to move away from HLS and go to DASH. With DASH, you can now pick a bitrate but StreamFab still doesn't let you do that. The subtitles format changed from EIA-x08 to DASH and i explained how to get the subtitles here but yet again, nothing is happening...I even BEGGED here for the subtitles to be fixed!!!

I don't understand how you can give step by step instructions on how to implement something that has been proven to work and still, nada. So frustrating.

Anyway, my scripts are tweaked so that i can feed it a list of episode urls (that take 3 seconds to generate with the right tools) and it will download them at the resolution and bitrate i want, convert the DASH subtitles to SRT and mux everything to an MKV.

Then why am i complaining you ask? Well that is all based on the fact that Discovery+ has no DRM. With the upcoming merger of the sites, it's safe to say Discovery+ stuff will now have DRM and once that happens, my scripts won't work anymore. So i want StreamFab to be fixed and that way i can still download things in batch, with the proper non-insane bitrate and most importantly, the subtitles
      How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

Working...
      X