StreamFab 6.1.3.0 & MAX playback issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

StreamFab 6.1.3.0 & MAX playback issue

I downloaded The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air from MAX in 720p for now. I then transferred it to my NAS and for some reason VLC for Firestick will only play the audio but not the video. I thought it was maybe cause it was H265 so I tried another show which was also H265 and it played fine. I tried on my computer and The Fresh Prince plays fine with potplayer without issue. Is there a fix for this that I don't know about yet or is it something that needs to be fixed in general?

Post the MediaInfo display (text preferably) for the Fresh Prince video and then the other show you tried.

Comment

720p in MAX in the USA, 720p in HBOMAX in my homeland, and 720p looks horrid on my OLED screen. When will 1080p come, it's been years already, yes years. Many are in 4K with HBOMax. Please enable it.
      Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

The first 2 screenshots are from The Fresh Prince and the last 2 screenshots are from Family Matters. I even tried redownloading the files and neither will play video now. Just the audio plays.

Click image for larger version

Name:	rQtg7D7STwSXipEFDHVOTw.png
Views:	289
Size:	138.7 KB
ID:	427698

Name:	lvJYnTD2TMe_94plE06mKg.png
Views:	281
Size:	6.8 KB
ID:	427699

Name:	aqDrKIRrTzOEdtE3MWddvg.png
Views:	266
Size:	154.5 KB
ID:	427700

Name:	XMQ120XMTj-1f2_meXElpw.png
Views:	280
Size:	6.4 KB
ID:	427701

Comment

Nevermind I fixed it. I had to turn off hardware acceleration in VLC Player. Now all H265 videos play correctly. Now if they can just fix it so we can download 1080p video or above from MAX. That would be great.

Comment

Thanks for posting that. I'm glad that you were able to fix your problem. I'm just a little curious about your MediaInfo displays though. To me, a few of items listed don't look like anything that StreamFab would produce. I could be 100% wrong but I won't know until I compare it with my own or someone else's examples. Unfortunately I'm unsubscribed from Max at this time, probably for the summer, and so I can't test it myself. Perhaps someone else could do a download of one of the files using the same settings and post the MediaInfo here. Could it be at all possible that your NAS is transcoding the file as it gets put in your library?

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post
              Thanks for posting that. I'm glad that you were able to fix your problem. I'm just a little curious about your MediaInfo displays though. To me, a few of items listed don't look like anything that StreamFab would produce. I could be 100% wrong but I won't know until I compare it with my own or someone else's examples. Unfortunately I'm unsubscribed from Max at this time, probably for the summer, and so I can't test it myself. Perhaps someone else could do a download of one of the files using the same settings and post the MediaInfo here. Could it be at all possible that your NAS is transcoding the file as it gets put in your library?
              If you are talking about the encoding settings, this is standard. HBO Max was always like this. It kinda triggered my OCD cause it is being detected as x265 rather than h265. anytime StreamFab would produce an x265 file, it was always larger than the same h265 file.

I haven't really downloaded anything from Max cause of the 720p limitation. I get their stuff from Amazon instead. But if they ever enable 4k on the standalone Max, i probably will start using that module again.
              How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

Working...
              X