[Tutorial] How to Force StreamFab to Analyze a Specific Episode on Netflix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Tutorial] How to Force StreamFab to Analyze a Specific Episode on Netflix

Because it seems not everyone knows how to do this, i figured i'd show everyone how.

This method will not mark the episode as the next one to watch like it would if you actually play the episode in your browser and copy the URL from the browser's address bar.

This instance of VBulletin is horribly configured and there are non-sensical restrictions like the amount of images that can be in a single post. For this reason, i recorded a video instead.

I had a lot of background noise at my house today so i used the Test-to-Speech engine in Windows for the audio.

Prerequisite:
    • StreamFab with the "Monitor clipboard content" enabled
    • Desktop Web Browser
    • Text editor
    Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	38.8 KB ID:	428772

In your text editor, you can create a new file and add the following line to it:

Code:
    https://www.netflix.com/watch/
    Here is the video...

Last edited by jpp72; 08-03-2023, 09:31 PM.
    How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

LOL, even though I have every codec one can think of installed on my system, it says "This video cannot be played because the format is not compatible with your browser. You can download it and play it locally on your device."
    Trying to download it, I get "An error occurred during a connection to store9.gofile.io. SSL received a record that exceeded the maximum permissible length. Error code: SSL_ERROR_RX_RECORD_TOO_LONG"
    Clearly others have downloaded it, it has a 3 next to it.

Switching browsers to Edge, because your examples in the past you used that browser, playback gives the same error, for downloading I get "store9.gofile.io sent an invalid response."
    Last edited by MrGrackle; 08-04-2023, 01:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MrKrawk View Post
      LOL, even though I have every codec one can think of installed on my system, it says "This video cannot be played because the format is not compatible with your browser. You can download it and play it locally on your device."
      Trying to download it, I get "An error occurred during a connection to store9.gofile.io. SSL received a record that exceeded the maximum permissible length. Error code: SSL_ERROR_RX_RECORD_TOO_LONG"
      Clearly others have downloaded it, it has a 3 next to it.

Switching browsers to Edge, because your examples in the past you used that browser, playback gives the same error, for downloading I get "store9.gofile.io sent an invalid response."
      I don't know what to tell you man... It plays fine in my installs of Edge, Chrome, and Firefox. It's a regular H264 MP4 file with AAC Audio. It's also been downloaded 11 times so far so it's definitely on your end

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	413
Size:	25.8 KB
ID:	428826

Views:	396
Size:	12.2 KB
ID:	428827

Comment

Getting it to download is the biggest problem. Never been to a site that behaves that way. Have even tried disabling ad block. Will not disable MBAM, but usually if there is an exception related to that, it tells me. I have been to sites where security cannot be verified, such as downloading keydb, but I simply told the browser to proceed anyway. It points to my end, but it also means there are a lot of systems out there not secure. Firefox 116 presently, Edge, whatever the latest is (it just informed me it updated when I launched it)

Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to store9.gofile.io. SSL received a record that exceeded the maximum permissible length.

Error code: SSL_ERROR_RX_RECORD_TOO_LONG

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
        Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.​
        Last edited by MrGrackle; 08-04-2023, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Getting it to download is the biggest problem. Never been to a site that behaves that way. Have even tried disabling ad block. Will not disable MBAM, but usually if there is an exception related to that, it tells me. I have been to sites where security cannot be verified, such as downloading keydb, but I simply told the browser to proceed anyway. It points to my end, but it also means there are a lot of systems out there not secure. Firefox 116 presently, Edge, whatever the latest is (it just informed me it updated when I launched it)

Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to store9.gofile.io. SSL received a record that exceeded the maximum permissible length.

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
          no issues here on my end in downloading the video. using the latest version of firefox (116,0.1) & uBlock Origin.
          & plays fine. did you try with streamfab or yt-dlp ??
          Last edited by october262; 08-04-2023, 03:39 PM.

Comment

GoFile is used by tons of people who share large files where the downloader doesn't need to pay for premium and doesn't have crazy intrusive ads. It's also very affordable compared to other options.

Anyway if you can't download from Mega then i guess you are stuck using your current method of copying they URL from the address bar.

Comment

Secure Connection Failed

Make sure your TLS is set to 1.2 (minimum) or 1.3 (preferred).
              Open Firefox and type in "about:config" (no quotes) in the address bar for a new tab.
              Search for "TLS" (no quotes)
              Find the following entries and see if all of the values match. If they don't, change them to what's in the screenshot.

Name:	Screenshot 2023-08-04 1.09.07 PM.png
Views:	391
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	428849

Comment

Originally posted by jpp72 View Post
                GoFile is used by tons of people who share large files where the downloader doesn't need to pay for premium and doesn't have crazy intrusive ads. It's also very affordable compared to other options.

Anyway if you can't download from Mega then i guess you are stuck using your current method of copying they URL from the address bar.

https://mega.nz/file/3NsBSKoK#p5mE6w...sjygwjRloNRT8U

The URL in this message was all that I needed, thanks. I don't know why the other URL was broken for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post

Make sure your TLS is set to 1.2 (minimum) or 1.3 (preferred).
                  Open Firefox and type in "about:config" (no quotes) in the address bar for a new tab.
                  Search for "TLS" (no quotes)
                  Find the following entries and see if all of the values match. If they don't, change them to what's in the screenshot.
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2023-08-04 1.09.07 PM.png Views:	0 Size:	43.0 KB ID:	428849

Thanks for the suggestion. My values match those. The second link Jack provided did work.

Within the video though Jack's console looks very different than mine. I know he was using Edge originally and probably is in the video, everything else matches except for the videoid portion. It actually doesn't have any videoid anywhere in any of the panes. I do noticed when I play an individual episode that the URL is similar to what he suggests, so it just needs a little bit of cleaning up to conform to what is being suggested here, similar to what is suggested for Amazon.
                  Last edited by MrGrackle; 08-04-2023, 09:32 PM.

Comment

When selecting the thumbnail, you need to select the div.titleCard-playIcon

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	35.5 KB ID:	428864

Once that is selected, you need to look directly above it in the ptrack-content and you will find the video_id there

​​Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	72.5 KB ID:	428865

It looks and behaves exactly the same in Chrome. The html doesn't change. I have used Chrome since its inception but i got tired of how bloated it has become and the last straw was when they decided to lock the cookies. It made it harder to auto-login wit​h it when using yt-dlp unless i exit the browser first.

I have been on Edge for about a month now and honestly it's better. It has a lot of small seemingly unimportant features that are actually great.

Comment

Just tried it from Edge, yes, it is the same videoid I had before. It did not work the first time, possibly because the NF module was not running. When I pasted it again, I still got the snowy TV in the background, but it did analyze. For some reason the elements console is different in Firefox.
                      Either way, when I copy the full URL in the browser, it just requires a clean up.
                      If the NF module is not running, you might get the snowy TV that says Pardon the Interruption and stating instant playback is not available. Sometimes the episode will just play, and SF won't analyze it.

Ever seen this control system in SF? Did I stumble on a debug mode?

Click image for larger version  Name:	Image3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	18.1 KB ID:	428892
                      Last edited by MrGrackle; 08-05-2023, 11:42 PM.

Comment

Click image for larger version Name:	Image3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	18.1 KB ID:	428892
                        This is hilarious. I am very happy they are finally adding that great Amazon Download window to other modules. I will hunt down bugs without being snarky cause i will be happy!

When i say hilarious, it's because i entered this as a feature request on the upcoming bug tracker i am working on

Views:	356
Size:	192.6 KB
ID:	428897

Comment

Working...
                        X