X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazon Quicktime Audio and Video

Hi,

I wanted to bring up an issue I've been encountering with the Amazon module since the version, 6.1.5.1, of StreamFab.

Recently, I've noticed occasional problems when downloading videos from Amazon. After the download, the video or audio is sometimes outputted as a QuickTime file, making it unplayable.

Click image for larger version  Name:	bX2cDJe.png Views:	0 Size:	5.0 KB ID:	433609

While re-downloading the content can resolve the problem, it's frustrating that we have to double-check everything each time to ensure a correct download.

This is the correct one:

Click image for larger version  Name:	voEWfsg.png Views:	0 Size:	11.8 KB ID:	433610

What makes it more challenging is that the issue is difficult to reproduce since it seems to occur randomly.
    Has anyone else experienced similar difficulties since updating to version 6.1.5.1?

Just in case: i use 6.1.5.2
    Last edited by Brozilla; 12-02-2023, 08:59 AM.
    You should see this. its way to funny: https://i.imgur.com/UmPh8Hu.png
  • Answer selected by jpp72 at 12-20-2023, 02:23 AM.

Originally posted by Brozilla View Post
    Problem is definitely not mkvmerge

problem is still present even with the latest version of mkvmerge.

and as i said before, this problem has occurred since version 6.1.5.1 of streamfab.
    before that everything was always fine.​
    Actually it is a problem with mkvmerge. Not the program itself but the command used by StreamFab. The workaround is to use FFmpeg as the MKV muxer

Comment

This is actually an old issue. Unfortunately I can't find the information I had on it previously. It has something to do with a certain non-standard video/audio format that isn't correctly recognized by MKVMerge or MediaInfo, I forget which, but I'm leaning toward MKVMerge. If I remember correctly if you Remux using FFMpeg rather than MKVMerge it won't show up in as a Quicktime file. I could be wrong. I'm trying to remember if using the latest version MKVMerge also fixes the problem. StreamFab uses an extremely old version of MKVMerge. I replace it everytime I do an SF update. Download the latest MKVToolNix program at https://mkvtoolnix.download/windows/...80.0-setup.exe and install it. Take the MKVMerge.exe file from the MKVToolNix directory and copy it to C:\Program Files\DVDFab\StreamFab, replacing the old MKVMerge.exe version. Don't worry about the date listed for the SF file. The developer touches all the SF files to the date of the update release and so it will appear that the two year old version of MKVMerge that SF uses will have a later date than the latest actual MKVMerge release. If you dig into their properties you'll see that SF's version is (I believe from memory) version 68 and the latest MKVToolNix release is 80.

I'll keep looking for the information I have on the issue and will get back to you if I find it.

Comment

i never really had such problems with it. only since 6.1.5.1. yes i use mkvtoolnix to mux the stuff. i don't like ffmpeg for something like that.
        i'll try replacing it. i've already installed mkvtoolnix for other things. but the problem still exists and should be fixed.​

Comment

The problem is with Amazon more than likely. Definitely not StreamFab. Possibly MKVToolNix is a co-conspirator but the Developer was deadset against taking the blame if I remember right. I've got to find that info I had before. Like I said, this is an old issue and it's been a long time since I last dealt with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post
            The problem is with Amazon more than likely. Definitely not StreamFab. Possibly MKVToolNix is a co-conspirator but the Developer was deadset against taking the blame if I remember right. I've got to find that info I had before. Like I said, this is an old issue and it's been a long time since I last dealt with it.
            That info?

Comment

Ok, got it. Actually the latest incident wasn't too long ago at about 4 months. Seemed longer.
              Anyway, yes, definitely using FFMpeg instead of MKVMerge to Remux will fix the problem. I still don't know about updating MKVMerge as a fix though. I do it all the time because I hate using old versions.
              Here is the link to MKVMerge's developer claiming "It wasn't me" - https://gitlab.com/mbunkus/mkvtoolnix/-/issues/2555
              And if you are bored over the weekend you can read all the old messages on the subject. Just go up to the top right of the forum and you'll see the "Search" box. Just enter the word "V_Quicktime" (no quotes) and you'll get all the conversations on the subject in the past. It turns out that a lot of times the video was bad and didn't get recognized as a known video format. When that happens, MKVMerge (incorrectly?) labels it as V_Quicktime.

Comment

Originally posted by jpp72 View Post
                Yep, that's it. We must have been hunting in the same place at the same time. Where I was screwing up was I was searching everywhere using the key word "Quicktime" rather than "V_Quicktime". Finally my brain kicked in.

Comment

Have never seen the issue with all the Prime sourced files I have. I assume the file is damaged at this point and a remux with the latest version of MKVMerge (even if via MKVToolnix) will not fix it?

Comment

If the V_Quicktime problem occurs, the file is unplayable. I don't know if remuxing will help. I will try it next time if the problem with the mkvmerge update still occurs.

Comment

Download the latest MKVToolNix program at https://mkvtoolnix.download/windows/...80.0-setup.exe and install it.​
                      It always seems to happen, as soon as I post about one version of a program they come out with an update of it.
                      As of today, the latest MKVToolNix is version 81. https://mkvtoolnix.download/windows/...81.0-setup.exe

Comment

and as i said before, this problem has occurred since version 6.1.5.1 of streamfab.

Comment

Originally posted by Brozilla View Post

Actually it is a problem with mkvmerge. Not the program itself but the command used by StreamFab. The workaround is to use FFmpeg as the MKV muxer

Comment

Ffmpeg has the same problem. Not necessarily QuickTime but the same basic problem.

Comment

Please provide a screenshot of the text view of a file remuxed with FFMpeg and that doesn't work

Also attach your StreamFab.log

Comment

Jack, you can close this thread. The original topic of the appearance of V_Quicktime files has been fully explained for the second time. Perhaps a small "sticky" could be made up explaining that a damaged or non-standard video file could appear as a V_Quicktime type file in MediaInfo if MKVMerge is used for the remuxing process. The answer within StreamFab is to use FFMpeg for remuxing. The file still may or may not be viewable dependent on how damaged or non-standard it is.

And finally, all throughout this thread I questioned whether using the latest version of MKVMerge would solve the problem mainly based on my own lapse of memory as to whether I had tested the hypothesis already. Let me state definitively right now, it will not.

Comment

Working...
                                X