This topic has been answered.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stan Stan downloading in 540p only

Stan seems to only download in 540p and has no option to select resolution have tried two different shows and movies still the same.
    Attached Files
  • Answer selected by Cats4U at 01-14-2024, 09:04 AM.

Only 540p can be played in the Windows browser - so SF can't download better.

Tested with Chrome + Edge, there is only "High" with 540p:
    (api shows 234p, 360p, 540p, 1080p, 2160p - no 720p)​

Click image for larger version

Name:	Stan_Chrome.jpg
Views:	373
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	435258

Earlier i could change mpd url /sd/ to /hd/ - but it doesn't work anymore.

Stan offer HD + 4k UHD apparently only for TVs - listed "Supported Devices" here

Comment

Which Stan subscription plan do you have?

Comment

The Premium one with the 4k option.

Comment

I was hoping that you had subscribed to Basic. That would have made it easy, since that is only SD. In looking over your log, I see nothing obvious. All looks set for a 1080p download on both shows, but that is not the result. The log is not complete, though. It is missing its beginning, and possibly some of its end. I need the beginning, especially, as it shows your settings. Could you please delete StreamFab's Log and Temp directories and then try again with the same downloads? Then attach the full StreamFab.log. Thank you.

One oddball idea I have in my head, which I'll have to consult with someone else about, is that both of these shows are Universal productions. On some streamers, Universal movies, by contract, are limited to 540p. I don't know if that extends to Universal TV shows on Stan. Probably not, as I've never seen that anywhere else in the world, but I'll have to check.

Comment

All good here is a new one did few shows
            Attached Files

Comment

Only 540p can be played in the Windows browser - so SF can't download better.

Tested with Chrome + Edge, there is only "High" with 540p:
              (api shows 234p, 360p, 540p, 1080p, 2160p - no 720p)​

Click image for larger version

Name:	Stan_Chrome.jpg
Views:	373
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	435258

Earlier i could change mpd url /sd/ to /hd/ - but it doesn't work anymore.

Stan offer HD + 4k UHD apparently only for TVs - listed "Supported Devices" here

Comment

You nailed it again, Germania. I knew the Basic level was SD only, but he had Premium. I never thought that they would limit a Premium subscriber to SD on a browser. But it is all there in black and white in "Supported Devices". The worst thing is that they don't just come out and say that if you're using a browser, you're out of luck. They take the easy way out and just point you to the devices and hide it by omission.

Comment

Working...
                X