Clear All

Amazon download failed

1 - First try - Google Chrome message
    2 - Delete StreamFab.log and relaunch Streamfab
    3 - Analysis ---- Error​
    Attached Files

Which Version ?

Comment

He's still using 6.1.6.1 on French Primevideo.com.

Gildu83, why would you think anything would be any different? We've known for a week that Amazon is showing DRM issues on 6.1.6.1. Try 6.1.6.2.

Comment

Still an error during analysis, after downloading the audio. Version 6.1.6.2
        Attached Files

Comment

Forgotten log streamfab
          StreamFab.log

Comment

Yep I had the same issue on Amazon with new content download still fails

Comment

Amazon.de (no Filesize detection)
              [Critical]: "[WVAmazon]" GetKeyByKID failed.
              [Critical]: "[DownloadControlAmazon]" **** Dec video fail. The error is : 13000

- Freevee
              [Critical]: "[WVAmazon]" license is NULL!
              [Critical]: "[WVAmazon]" GotStreamKey video failed

selected resolution: 1136684:720:1280 (HD)
              re-encoded result: 704x396 361kbps​

Comment

"Fix for amazon" seems a bit premature to me. New videos are only downloaded in a very poor resolution.

Comment

So, we have failed download reports from France (1), Australia (1), and Germany (1). And one "very poor resolution" from Germany (1). I haven't even had a chance to install the update yet, so I have no idea how it is working in the US. Jack and I weren't even told that there would be an update this week. I honestly wasn't expecting one. I'll send up the failures to the Developers.

Comment

oh, they switched to re-encoding again, just like last time... It's not for me, I'll stick with 6.1.6.1 and wait until it works properly again... Amazon works great for me, I load whatever still works!

Comment

@ Cats4U
                      Re-encoded should at least have the same resolution
                      (better select mode: fast, faster, veryfast)

At least slow PCs definitely need a progress bar/info in GUI, if re-encode​

Comment

Is it a re-encode or a download? Pretty confusing right now.
                        You should see this. its way to funny: https://i.imgur.com/UmPh8Hu.png

Comment

Originally posted by Brozilla View Post
                          Is it a re-encode or a download? Pretty confusing right now.
                          only the newly released ones will switch to the new re-encoding mode

Comment

I tried 6.1.6.2 and had to switch back to 6.1.6.1. I'll tell you what happened, but I don't expect it to be useful to the DRM effort since I'm mainly trying to download older videos. I use primevideo.com.

I had already downloaded some episodes of "Two and a Half Men" season 6 using 6.1.6.1. I tried to download more episodes using 6.1.6.2 and couldn't, so I switched back.

Previously I had downloaded season 7 of Frasier using 6.1.6.1 or earlier, and episode 17 failed. I was able to download that episode using 6.1.6.2, but the aspect ratio seems wrong; 720x480 instead of 720x576 like the others. But I don't know whether that's because of the new encoding or related to why 6.1.6.1 doesn't like that episode. As expected, the audio is AAC.

I also tried to download the latest episode of "Dragons: the nine realms" and that doesn't work with either version.

Comment

Originally posted by Sebastian001 View Post
                              oh, they switched to re-encoding again, just like last time... It's not for me, I'll stick with 6.1.6.1 and wait until it works properly again... Amazon works great for me, I load whatever still works!
                              I had a doctor's appointment this morning, and so I haven't had a chance to install 6.1.6.2 yet. I don't think I'm going to. I know that Jack will not install it. I just talked to him and he hates re-encoding. I'm not a big fan of it, either. I don't know what the SF staff was thinking. Everyone raised hell about the re-encoding last time. What did they expect this time? Doing nothing except working on getting the DRM fixed would have been the better approach. I've been through 3 or 4 other DRM episodes before. This time I wrote to them, advising them as to how to best get through this and how to keep you, the users, happy in the meantime. I got no reply back. I am extremely disappointed in their handling of this.
                              Everybody has to make their own decisions about 6.1.6.2, but I recommend not installing it. I've got to be honest with you all, I'll be hard-pressed to help anyone here with re-encoding problems. Send direct Feedback to Support instead.

Comment

Working...
                              X