No announcement yet.

Shows pixellated once downloaded.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

StreamFab for Windows Shows pixellated once downloaded.

So, after getting help downloading subtitles (which were previously missing), I am now faced with another problem.

With Youku, after downloading a show successfully (at 1080p), when I go to watch it, the timestamp gets to 1:41 and then the screen completely pixellates. This is the same regardless of which show I download.

Is it because the website isn't supported? If that's the case can I do anything to rectify the issue? or do I just have to sit tight and wait for the website to be supported at some time in the future?

TIA.
    Attached Files

StreamFab.log, please. Are you talking about v.youku.com? That is listed as a m3u8 supported site. Ok, v.youku.com does redirect to www.youku.com. I'll try to run some tests on it if I can.

Comment

I randomly downloaded 3 videos using SF 6.1.6.7. I didn't see any pixelation on any of them.

Comment

Ok, I'll rollback to 6.1.6.7 and see if that helps. I'm trying to download from youku.tv (the international site). Gonna have to look up how to send logs.

Comment

Ok, I am now using 6.1.6.7 and have the same issue. Show starts fine, reaches 1:40 on timestamp and pixellates for the rest of the duration of the show. If I've done this right, my SF log should be attached.
          Attached Files

Comment

Did you try watching the show on a regular browser? https://www.youku.tv/v/v_show/id_XNTkxMDUwODkxNg==.html?s=adfc1fb55df7464885c1&s pm=a2hjt.13141534.1_2.d_zj2_1&scm=20140719.apircmd .242627.video_XNTkxMDUwODkxNg==\
            It just stops at 1:43. Do you subscribe to this website? The video is listed under the category VIP, so I assume you have to pay for the full video. The 1:43 might just be a tease,

Comment

I clicked on that link, and it played fine, though I only watched 5 minutes and then skipped forward; it's now at 41 minutes and still looks fine. It defaulted to 720p, and wouldn't let me use 1080p at all because of VIP. I'm in Canada, but it's unlikely that's relevant. I've never visited that site before, and didn't touch any settings. I used Edge. OK, so I should try chrome.... doing that now, so far it looks fine.

[edit] I knew I was forgetting something... I forgot to try downloading! I downloaded at 720p and that's pixellated at 1:40.
              Last edited by wyhtmgm; 03-23-2024, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Yes, I am a VIP user of the website. I'm logged on both on my browser and via SF. I am able to watch the show on the browser without issue.

Edited to show screenshot of show playing in browser at 22mins, and VIP status (1080p)

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (342).png
Views:	906
Size:	177.4 KB
ID:	439703
                Last edited by DonnaD; 03-23-2024, 06:53 PM. Reason: Added screenshot

Comment

Does anyone have any other ideas how to sort this please?

Comment

I'm getting nowhere. I decided to try some alternatives, without success. First I installed a couple of programs that claim to be able to download from youku, but they didn't work; I think maybe they only work with youku.com (which wants money), not for youku.tv. Then I started my free trial of the competitor, but it doesn't seem to accept links. My guess is that something about the downloaded file causes the processing/remuxing to choke, which would be a developer issue, and not likely to be addressed soon. Sorry I can't help, I decided to answer anyway to not leave you with dead air. Maybe one of the more experienced people can find something in your log file, but probably not since if an error were detected and logged then you'd probably get an error message instead of a bad file. I didn't try other Youku files, did you?

Comment

Originally posted by DonnaD View Post
                      Does anyone have any other ideas how to sort this please?
                      try downloading the show at 720p and see if that works, streamfab may not currently be able to get the
                      decryption keys for 1080p content.

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

try downloading the show at 720p and see if that works, streamfab may not currently be able to get the
                        decryption keys for 1080p content.
                        I had to use 720p, since I'm not a VIP member, and I got exactly the same results as DonnaD got with 1080p (playing works, downloading pixelates.)

See my post #7, not my post #10

Comment

Originally posted by wyhtmgm View Post

I had to use 720p, since I'm not a VIP member, and I got exactly the same results as DonnaD got with 1080p (playing works, downloading pixelates.)

See my post #7, not my post #10
                          just downloaded the episode in the link in post #6, it downloads ok but it seems there's what looks like
                          a flaw in the video at 1:50 mark and appears to freeze up but it then skips to the 2:00 mark and then it play flawlessly.
                          i just used yt-dlp on it's own along with the stream detector browser add-on.

Comment

Originally posted by wyhtmgm
                            I downloaded yt-dlp and the add-on but I'm confused about how they work. Are you saying that they allow you to play the downloaded file with just a hiccup, whereas VLC (for example) doesn't get back on track? So, an error or unsupported feature at one point in the file, and what happens depends on whether the player knows how to recover?
                            just tried the same link again, this time, there are no flaws in the video at 1:50 mark. the video is now perfect.

Comment

DonnaD, does it work for you? If so it doesn't really matter if it works for me.

I get:
                              Downloading web page
                              Downloading M3U8 information
                              Checking M3U8 live status
                              This video is DRM protected

This is from getting the link from the add-on and pasting it into a command line:
                              yt-dlp "link"
                              The result is the same regardless of the resolution I select, which is surprising since I thought DRM is only for HD.

Comment

Working...
                              X