• Show
Clear All

Netflix Netflix Processing is extremely slow

ビデオとオーディオのダウンロード
    なんとかできたけど、その後は
    処理が
    とても遅いです
    助けてください。

It is re encoding the video, so it is slow!

Comment

Originally posted by hizbf View Post
      It is re encoding the video, so it is slow!
      Before January 24 of this year, the process was fast.

Comment

Originally posted by chie View Post

Before January 24 of this year, the process was fast.
        DRM issue occurred on January 25th this year. On February 1st, re coding was used in v6162, and on March 28th, re coding was used in v6170 Netflix

Comment

It is screen recording now. Its very slow and I doubt it is going to get any faster.
          Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post
            It is screen recording now. Its very slow and I doubt it is going to get any faster.
            Could you expand on what you mean by screen recording? I ask because Amazon is slow processing now also.

Comment

Originally posted by Occidio View Post

Could you expand on what you mean by screen recording? I ask because Amazon is slow processing now also.
              You really need to read some Forum entries for the past three months, or at least use the search feature.

SF is no longer able to direct-download content from Amazon, Netflix and a lot of other providers since the January 25th DRM shakeup. They knew it was coming, but didn't hire developers who could crack the new DRM. Because they still want to sell this product, they decided to make the new versions of it into a screen recorder while claiming it's a downloader, even though that's not what we purchased.

Basically, rather than downloading your video directly from Amazon or Netflix, it re-encodes it, which means it streams it and records it at a high rate of speed at your desired resolution, then reformats it. It's that processing part that takes a long time, as it's dependent on your CPU, memory speed and your type of drive. The result will NOT have the same video or audio quality as a download. If the video has ads, that increases the odds that the video will go out of sync with the audio the longer it plays.

The last version that actually downloaded from Amazon, Netflix et al was 6.1.6.7., so if your Amazon or Netflix selection is older content (technically was added to the site before 1/25/24), reinstall that version and see if you get lucky. My experience is that if it was added to Amazon after October '23 you'll just get a failure to downoad. Unfortunately, that version won't download any Amazon series episodes, it can only detect the first one.​

Comment

Originally posted by Occidio View Post

They started using re encoding to download Amazon's videos in v6168

Comment

Hi everyone, I present to you 2 screens, which are obviously not the originals given the non-"original" resolution. It is clear that the quality is not at the top for various reasons (including the terrible release of NF). However, this is it and it is also clear that the processing time was not particularly long.
                  They don't come from sources other than SF.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by robolux View Post
                    Hi everyone, I present to you 2 screens, which are obviously not the originals given the non-"original" resolution. It is clear that the quality is not at the top for various reasons (including the terrible release of NF). However, this is it and it is also clear that the processing time was not particularly long.
                    And your point is what, exactly? I purchased a downloader - if I'd wanted a screen recorder that re-encodes, I could have bought one from any number of other companies for considerably less than what I spent for SF.

Comment

Go back to the office and tell Wilson it didn't work, sending you down here to make a post that we all know is from the company is not what we want. I would like you to keep up with the DRMJ and give us what we bought.
                      Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post

Go back to the office and tell Wilson it didn't work, sending you down here to make a post that we all know is from the company is not what we want. I would like you to keep up with the DRMJ and give us what we bought.
                        Incredible, they can't even manage to stooge properly. SMDH.
                        Last edited by artsunlimited; 05-11-2024, 01:38 AM.

Comment

Define "not particularly long." Please.

According to that TXT file you attached it is 3840x2160 and 44.8G. I have an "average" processor and to re-encode that file I'd be watching it sometime in the next week. I may have missed it but I didn't see anywhere in there where it indicated the download time or "processing" time.

If the release is that damn bad why on earth would you choose that to test with?

What were we supposed to discern from those two compressed JPGs?

Please, if you would re-download it again and post the duration of the 44.8G download and the total processing time to re-encode a 44.8G video. Please also include your total available bandwidth as well is processor model and GPU model if using the GPU.
                          Last edited by NewMelle; 05-11-2024, 03:41 AM.
                          Win11 Pro 22H2, no bloatware, no spyware, no crapware, no TPM, no Secure Boot, no MS account. And yes, you can dual boot 7 and 11.

Comment

Hi, by not particularly long I'm referring to downloading the file and finishing it, then transforming it into 4k is another matter which obviously SF doesn't do. I may have been lucky but it didn't seem to me that SF in this case took too long to finish the job, I'd say download and remux.

Comment

SF does not download videos from Netflix in 4k. If we are talking about upscale, then upscale in 4k lasts a very long time even on a powerful PC.

Comment

Working...
                              X