Netflix Processing is extremely slow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by robolux View Post
    I may have been lucky but it didn't seem to me that SF in this case took too long to finish the job, I'd say download and remux.
    Still not quite quantifiable.

I don't have Netflix so I can't say with absolute certainty but if it is re-encoding the same as Amazon it is painfully slow on a NORMAL system. I'm not a GamR so I don't change my system every 6 months and re-install my OS each week. I'm still using the same system I have for the last decade (with some minor upgrades) so it is hardly considered high end. Re-encoding is excruciatingly slow for me.

Upconverting would explain the 44G file size. Upconverted from what resolution?​
    Win11 Pro 22H2, no bloatware, no spyware, no crapware, no TPM, no Secure Boot, no MS account. And yes, you can dual boot 7 and 11.

Comment

Originally posted by NewMelle View Post

I don't have Netflix so I can't say with absolute certainty but if it is re-encoding the same as Amazon it is painfully slow on a NORMAL system. I'm not a GamR so I don't change my system every 6 months and re-install my OS each week. I'm still using the same system I have for the last decade (with some minor upgrades) so it is hardly considered high end. Re-encoding is excruciatingly slow for me.

Upconverting would explain the 44G file size. Upconverted from what resolution?​
      Amen to that.

I actually don't give a toss how long it takes, it's still a re-encoded screen recording and not a direct download, and I bought a direct downloader, not a screen recorder, because there's a difference.

Comment

SF can still download contents from before Jan. 25

Comment

Originally posted by theresay View Post
          and so what? if everything you need from the old content is downloaded?

Comment

Originally posted by theresay View Post
            Uh, no. That was almost four months ago. If no new content had been added on any platform since January, then we'd all be relatively fine.

But seeing as how that's NOT the case, and since you have't taken into account that a lot of that older content is now failing to download or is only downloading in SD 540p as Prime and other platforms are extending the new DRM to their older content, we're all pretty much behind the 8-ball when it comes to both old and new selections.
            Last edited by artsunlimited; 05-12-2024, 10:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by artsunlimited View Post

Uh, no. That was almost four months ago. If no new content had been added on any platform since January, then we'd all be relatively fine.

But seeing as how that's NOT the case, and since you have't taken into account that a lot of that older content is now failing to download or is only downloading in SD 540p as Prime and other platforms are extending the new DRM to their older content, we're all pretty much behind the 8-ball when it comes to both old and new selections.
              Currently, both StreamFab's DRM M3U8 Downloader and DRM MPD Downloader are not working

Comment

Originally posted by NewMelle View Post

Hi, from 1080.

Comment

It is not for Netflix but I did a head to head comparison for Amazon at the same resolution with an "average workstation" and abysmal bandwidth. Not with a next generation CPU, GPU and fiber/cable. I don't have Netflix so I can't do another direct head to head comparison for Netflix. It would be interesting to see the results if someone else did. The results I got were pretty revealing.

I found Diana (of DVDFab?) had done a head to head comparison with AS [2024 Update] and their results were astonishing to say the least. You could say too good to be true. However, I suspected from first hand experience (in particular as of late) these results were heavily biased so I decided to do my own head to head shoot
                  Win11 Pro 22H2, no bloatware, no spyware, no crapware, no TPM, no Secure Boot, no MS account. And yes, you can dual boot 7 and 11.

Comment

Working...
                  X