X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Germania View Post
    @ AnttDvdFab + Filmbuf

Max is only 720p guaranteed
    What I was referring to is that the options and capabilities are not the same between 6193 and 6194. I understand and expect that some shows are limited due to DRM.

But this is what 6192/6193 offers - and the content downloads in the format I select.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	664
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	448574

And this is what I get with 6194. I have gone back and forth between the versions multiple times with the same result.

Views:	601
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	448575

As a software engineer, this is a due to a change made in the application - or in one of the dependencies of the application. It is not caused by DRM or another change made by MAX. Regression testing was not done on this release.

I did not change a single setting after installing each version - left the defaults so that it wasn't 'operator error'.

I'm going to downgrade to 6193 again because it works as expected.
    Husband, father, watcher of way too much TV and Movies.
    Software developer for 30+ years starting with BASIC on DOS 5.x and now on the MEAN stack (Mongo/Express/Angular/Node) in an AWS environment.

Comment

Originally posted by Filmbuf View Post
      I don’t remember so much 720 P on Max that’s the only thing I found wrong
      I have 6.1.9.2 on my laptop still. I'm getting more 720p now with it. So I wonder if Max made a change on their side and its just coincidental timing with 6.1.9.4 release?

I mean Godzilla x Kong New Empire downloaded 4K in 6.1.9.2 before. Today, still with 6.1.9.2, it downloads at 540p. No changes on my system.

Comment

Originally posted by KidJoe View Post
        I have 6.1.9.2 on my laptop still. I'm getting more 720p now with it. So I wonder if Max made a change on their side and its just coincidental timing with 6.1.9.4 release?
        I am sure you are right—no doubt. They made a change because when I went back and looked at things I downloaded just a few weeks ago, they were in 1080p. Now they are in 720p,the DRM license probably got revoked.
        Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

On the client side (yours) only keys for max. 720p can be generated for Max (or Disney, AppleTV only SD)
          .. more is only possible if there is a suitable key on the server side (SF).
          My (not a month old) Apple keys are also no longer valid since 3 days - example

I can't say whether or why there are differences between 6193 + 6194 at Max without a test.
          But the fact is that I have sometimes achieved different results with the same SF version.
          Presumably different mpd depending on CDN distribution (probably like vpn at Peacock)​

Comment

On the client side (yours) only keys for max. 720p can be generated for Max (or Disney, AppleTV only SD)
            .. more is only possible if there is a suitable key on the server side (SF).
            My (not a month old) Apple keys are also no longer valid since 3 days - example

I can't say whether or why there are differences between 6193 + 6194 at Max without a test.
            But the fact is that I have sometimes achieved different results with the same SF version.
            Presumably different mpd depending on CDN distribution (probably like vpn at Peacock)​
            Yes, as I said, the MAX CDN most probably got revoked. It happens continually. As others have said many times, it's a cat-and-mouse game. They revoke the CDN, and Fab will replace it if they can.

Comment

@ AnttDvdFab

EDIT: wrong title (with ASL) offer no Dolby Vision

btw: Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga
              SF offer 1920x804p -> popup tell me only 720p -> dl shows only 480p -> result 1024x428​

Comment

Originally posted by AnttDvdFab View Post
                MAX
                Doesn't offer H265 - Dolby Vision (HDR10 Compatible) anymore, but did yesterday on 6192
                I can't say whether it was removed deliberately or accidentally ..
                .. but can confirm that 6194 no longer offers HDR10 for Max (regardless of title)​

Comment

btw: Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga
                  SF offer 1920x804p -> popup tell me only 720p -> dl shows only 480p -> result 1024x428​
                  That is not 480p. Technically, 1024x428 is 576p at 2.4:1 aspect. 576p at 16x9 would be 1024 x 576.

For me, Furiosa is downloading at 1600x670 which is 900p at 2:4:1 aspect ratio. 900p at 16x9 would be 1600x900.

Comment

I watched Furiosa on a 65" 4K LG OLED TV, which looked great. We all get caught up in the numbers; if you enjoy the download, that's all that should matter.

Comment

Originally posted by KidJoe View Post
                      (...)
                      For me, Furiosa is downloading at 1600x670 which is 900p at 2:4:1 aspect ratio. 900p at 16x9 would be 1600x900.
                      That's right.

Name:	Furiosa.png
Views:	469
Size:	124.8 KB
ID:	448637

Comment

Originally posted by ze7zez View Post

That's right.

Name:	Furiosa.png
Views:	469
Size:	124.8 KB
ID:	448637
                        Yup. And StreamFab just gives the "720p limit" pop-up no matter what resolution below 1080p it actually downloads.

Comment

Name:	2024-08-19_10-53-47.jpg
Views:	362
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	448707 I am getting 1080p on Furiosa this morning, but I didn't get it yesterday.

Click image for larger version  Name:	1080p Furiosa.jpg Views:	0 Size:	41.9 KB ID:	448706

Comment

Something is changed outside the local StreamFab app... I downloaded selecting Dolby Vision and a 4K resolution from the drop down.

While FAB didn't give me the "720p enhanced DRM" pop-up, and the download progress showed 2160p and H265, the final file is 4K/DV/Atmos, but notice StreamFab's downloaded screen shows different.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	1 Size:	99.9 KB ID:	448730

Keep in mind, the Dolby Vision profile is Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, dvhe.05.06, BL+RPU, which does not include fallback to HDR10. You need dvhe.07.06 or dvhe.08.06​ for that.

Comment

So selecting H265 SDR downloaded an DoVi DV/HDR10. It shows as: Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, dvhe.08.06, BL+RPU, HDR10 compatible / SMPTE ST 2086, HDR10 compatible which is Dolby Vision with HDR10 fall back.

Again, download progress showed 2160p, H265, but the listing on the Downloaded tab shows wrong...

Views:	343
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	448733

Comment

Also not working for me on HBO MAX Brazil. Error 310, too many redirects.

6.1.9.4 is dead, too... we need 6.1.9.5.

Comment

Working...
                                X