Asynchronous

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RTL+ Asynchronous

Most videos only have a synchronized audio track at the beginning.
    At some point in the video, however, it becomes asynchronous.
    Is this a known bug?​

I don't use RTL+ that often, but I've
    never had a problem with asynchronous sound.
    I have also never read about it in the forum.

Do you have a specific example?​

Edit: What do you use for VIP "Video Format"?
    mp4, mkv (ffmpeg) or mkv (mkvtoolnix)​

Comment

Have no idea what you are talking about. We need more info - https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...eamfab-section

Comment

Give us an example video

I haven't seen the problem yet.

But I download every video twice to check the quality. It's very rare for a download to be corrupted. Maybe 1 in 1000...

How did you update the program?​

Comment

I think it needs to be more highly addressed the issue using mkv (mkvtoolnix), versus mp4 or mkv (ffmpeg).
          I went and got the newest possable version of mkvtoolnix, used it in SF and another different program both still showed errors.
          Changed to ffmpeg either mp4 or mkv and no more errors. It also may help to set the download location to a separate drive, if not doing so.
          Why the issues continue make u wonder about mkvtoolnix.

Other then that, more specifics would be needed for those that know and/or use rtl+ .
          Streamfab DEFAULT, WINDOWS 10/11, locations:

%HOMEPATH%\Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab
          %HOMEPATH%\AppData\Roaming\DVDFab\StreamFab

Comment

Originally posted by Stan001 View Post
            I think it needs to be more highly addressed the issue using mkv (mkvtoolnix), versus mp4 or mkv (ffmpeg).
            I went and got the newest possable version of mkvtoolnix, used it in SF and another different program both still showed errors.
            Changed to ffmpeg either mp4 or mkv and no more errors. It also may help to set the download location to a separate drive, if not doing so.
            Why the issues continue make u wonder about mkvtoolnix.

Other then that, more specifics would be needed for those that know and/or use rtl+ .
            That was a good tip.
            Video format is MKV and I then switched from MKVToolNix to FFmpeg and found no more errors in the first tests.

Thank you very much.
            This should perhaps be mentioned somewhere, i.e. if errors occur more frequently when using ToolNix!​

Comment

Originally posted by Masterman087 View Post
              Video format is MKV and I then switched from MKVToolNix to FFmpeg and found no more errors in the first tests.
              Why do you think I asked about this in #2?

That would have been cleared up after 30 minutes ..
              .. if you had given your settings and an example.

Well, the main thing is that it works now.​

Comment

Originally posted by Germania View Post
                That would have been cleared up after 30 minutes ..
                .. if you had given your settings and an example.
                Yes, thank you too, did you know that errors are more likely to occur with ToolNix?
                In principle, I could have found it myself by simply troubleshooting.

Well, it is what it is, and fortunately it's working again.​

Comment

Originally posted by Masterman087 View Post
                  did you know that errors are more likely to occur with ToolNix?
                  I don't even need to go back a week ..
                  .. for example Amazon => here

Comment

I've used MKVToolNix from the beginning and have not had any problems along these lines. I replace the 2-1/2 year old MKVToolNix (version 68) that SF uses with whatever is the latest release. It is currently version 87. The only problem I've ever had with MKVToolNix is the author's policy that if the program comes across as damaged or non-standard, he displays it as a QUICKTIME file. That usually results in either a green image or a highly pixelated image. There's been many discussions about that, here and in other video forums. Most disagree with that policy.
                    One thing that probably works in my favor with regard to MKVToolNix is that I simply don't use subtitles. If the video's audio is not in my language, English, I don't watch the video. I want to watch the acting, not read a story. I realize it is different in Europe with all the varieties of languages, but if a survey was taken in the US, most would say they try to avoid subtitles at all cost.

We've used the name MKVToolNix throughout this discussion, but SF really only uses one component of MKVToolNix, which is MKVMerge. I don't think there is anything wrong with later versions of MKVMerge. My guess is that the problem, if one exists, is caused by the way MKVMerge is called or the parameters used by StreamFab. I urge the SF developer to review exactly how they use MKVMerge to see if they are causing any problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post
                      My guess is that the problem, if one exists, is caused by the way MKVMerge is called or the parameters used by StreamFab.
                      I urge the SF developer to review exactly how they use MKVMerge to see if they are causing any problems.
                      In the mkvmerge related problems that I was involved in solving, an updated mkvmerge version did not help in any case.
                      Therefore, the parameters used are probably the cause​

Comment

Originally posted by Germania View Post
                        In the mkvmerge related problems that I was involved in solving, an updated mkvmerge version did not help in any case.
                        Therefore, the parameters used are probably the cause​
                        I agree with that. The newer MKVMerge updates have helped with Chapter issues and a few other things. He is starting to deal with AV1 and other newer codecs more, too.

I'd really like to see the StreamFab.log from Masterman087. I want to see if he is using subtitles. I just have a funny feeling that it is somehow related to subtitles. I could be 100% wrong, I admit, but it just is weird that I don't have that problem and I don't use subtitles. The more parameters you add in (such as subtitles), the more likely you are to make a mistake and cause a problem. Just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post
                          I've used MKVToolNix from the beginning and have not had any problems along these lines. I replace the 2-1/2 year old MKVToolNix (version 68) that SF uses with whatever is the latest release. It is currently version 87. The only problem I've ever had with MKVToolNix is the author's policy that if the program comes across as damaged or non-standard, he displays it as a QUICKTIME file. That usually results in either a green image or a highly pixelated image. There's been many discussions about that, here and in other video forums. Most disagree with that policy.
                          One thing that probably works in my favor with regard to MKVToolNix is that I simply don't use subtitles. If the video's audio is not in my language, English, I don't watch the video. I want to watch the acting, not read a story. I realize it is different in Europe with all the varieties of languages, but if a survey was taken in the US, most would say they try to avoid subtitles at all cost.

We've used the name MKVToolNix throughout this discussion, but SF really only uses one component of MKVToolNix, which is MKVMerge. I don't think there is anything wrong with later versions of MKVMerge. My guess is that the problem, if one exists, is caused by the way MKVMerge is called or the parameters used by StreamFab. I urge the SF developer to review exactly how they use MKVMerge to see if they are causing any problems.
                          you could post your under the hood program update instructions again....

Comment

Originally posted by Sebastian001 View Post

you could post your under the hood program update instructions again....
                            Maybe tomorrow. I'll need some time to do it up correctly. Saturdays in the fall and early winter are devoted to watching college football. I'm only here now because it is halftime in the game I'm watching.

Comment

I guess because 2 different programs had an issue with the latest version of mkvmerge I just instantly blamed mkvmerge.
                              I guess now, after reading what others say, both programs could be using wrong or problem commands/parameters that cause the issue.
                              Or it could easily just be the fact that in both I have the movies remuxed with video, audio and srt.
                              And once I learned the 2nd program, I figured out how to get both that and SF to either do mp4 or mkv via ffmpeg.
                              So also in my case, updating to the latest version available of mkvmerge did not help.
                              When I first started with SF I used defaults which are use mp4, so never saw issues. Over time, I switched to mkv (MKVToolNix). As I saw, more people were using mkv than mp4.
                              Once issues started, it was brought up to switch to either mp4 or mkv (ffmpeg). I wanted to stay now with mkv, so did that option. You still get mkv files, just using ffmpeg.

As for getting the right option/command/parameters for mkvmerge that, as stated, would need to be addressed with/by SF.
                              If it is just the remux of srt I tend to have got to like them as I am surprised at some things that are said which sound different but reading it you know for sure.so have no plans to stop using them.

I will say after using the other program, I did find parameter/command issues when first it was trying to use shaka versus mp4decrypt, but that, after a long google search, I was able to make adjustment to. Just for those who know, I found and use an add-on along with N_m3u8DL-RE for getting some movies, just to see if I could do it myself versus just using SF.
                              So I stopped the updating of the files in SF as I don't have any other issues, and it becomes tiresome as each update comes it has to be repeated.
                              And 99% of SF users are also using the default programs that are in SF and don't replace with later or latest versions.

Maybe it will get fixed, maybe not, but there is an easy fix of using either mp4 or mkv (ffmpeg).
                              Streamfab DEFAULT, WINDOWS 10/11, locations:

%HOMEPATH%\Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab
                              %HOMEPATH%\AppData\Roaming\DVDFab\StreamFab

Comment

Working...
                              X