No announcement yet.

AppleTV+ coming as an Amazon Prime Channel in the USA  "Later this month" 

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apple TV+ AppleTV+ coming as an Amazon Prime Channel in the USA  "Later this month" 

AppleTV+ coming as an Amazon Prime Channel "Later this month"

Prime Video customers in the U.S. will soon be able to subscribe to Apple TV+ to enjoy award-winning and hit Apple Originals like The Morning Show, Slow Horses, Presumed Innocent, Severance, Silo, Hijack, and more directly via Prime Video. Additional territories to follow.

Just like Max, Paramount+, MGM+, Cinemax, Showtime, etc. if you subscribe as a Prime Channel, StreamFab's Amazon downloader can download it. This should also allow for downloading newer series/episodes/movies at 1080p with EAC3 5.1 audio. (Yes, I know SF can't download 4K or Atmos (EAC3 JOC) from Amazon).

I'm not able to tell from the announcement if you'll still be able to use the AppleTV+ web site, app, etc. (like how if you subscribe to Max via Prime channels, you can view Max content through Prime as well as log into the Max web site and app).

This announcement is for USA, so I'm not sure if it will be coming available in other geographies.

Let's put it this way: If they realize they can make money with it in the US, they will surely gradually introduce it globally.

Comment

Its live. 9to5Mac dot com says it "The experience is still rolling out, but it seems that the entire catalog of Apple original TV shows and movies are available, including latest releases like the new limited series Disclaimer." however, it doesn't include DV or Atmos.

It appears its not like like Max and Paramount+ where you can use your amazon login to log into those respective web sites as well, instead you can't log into the AppleTV+ web page if you subscribe via Amazon. You must watch via Prime.

Comment

Since you can book Prime Access in the USA (without full Prime)
        -unlike in other countries- this could almost persuade me to book Prime USA ..
        .. but it looks like audio is only offered in English and Español.

I would need two AppleTV models for german audio - too bad​

Comment

Originally posted by KidJoe View Post
          however, it doesn't include DV or Atmos.

It appears its not like like Max and Paramount+ where you can use your amazon login to log into those respective web sites as well, instead you can't log into the AppleTV+ web page if you subscribe via Amazon. You must watch via Prime.
          Can you expand on that a little about the different log-ins using AppleTV w/ Amazon/Prime. I just tried AppleTV with Prime trying to download 'Wolfs' and all I got was the trailer. I have the bundle with AppleTV plus Disney. Do I need to cancel my AppleTV subscription and sign up with a subscription with Prime now to get 1080.....hard of hearing in one ear so not getting Atmos/Audio is no biggie for me. Little bit confused here.

Comment

Originally posted by Down2Earth View Post

Can you expand on that a little about the different log-ins using AppleTV w/ Amazon/Prime. I just tried AppleTV with Prime trying to download 'Wolfs' and all I got was the trailer. I have the bundle with AppleTV plus Disney. Do I need to cancel my AppleTV subscription and sign up with a subscription with Prime now to get 1080.....hard of hearing in one ear so not getting Atmos/Audio is no biggie for me. Little bit confused here.
            Yes, it looks like you cannot link your prime account to your Apple TV account, so your Apple TV account will not give you access to Prime Apple TV channel. You'll need to subscribe to Amazon in order to download from there

Comment

Okay, thanks, theresay...

Comment

Working...
              X