Capturing ANYTHING in 4k.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Capturing ANYTHING in 4k.

I think there was something that said that SF would download in 4k. However, in the settings, the max video resolution setting is 1080p.

What dictates the max video resolution? While advertized as available in 4k on Apple+, things there sometims are less that 480p. Apple + is probably the worst with that. Many titles on Amazon show 4k, but will mostly do 1080p. Which isnt too bad, but if there is a way to sneak 4k out of it, I would rather!

Thanks

> What dictates the max video resolution?

The max resolution offered in the Windows Chrome browser ...
    .. SF can only download a maximum of this
    and need the key required for decryption for this resolution

Most providers only offer 4k for TVs ..
    .. Devices with hardware decryption - but not for software decryption​

Comment

I have several movies downloaded in 4K from Max. To my knowledge, Max is one of the few that truly supports 4K downloads - and its only for selected content

Comment

walker189

Do you ahve a title that worked at 4k? I will try it.

Germania

I'm not sure I understand your answer or you didnt understand my question. I was asking what is it that SF need in order to download 4k. From walker189 that its just a choice from the streaming service, not a matter of setup in SF. Is that right??

Comment

Originally posted by martinav View Post
          walker189

Do you ahve a title that worked at 4k? I will try it.

Germania

I'm not sure I understand your answer or you didnt understand my question. I was asking what is it that SF need in order to download 4k. From walker189 that its just a choice from the streaming service, not a matter of setup in SF. Is that right??
          MAX (formally HBO Max) had a small list of 4K titles that streamfab could download
          here is a larger list of titles that you can try that are 4K - https://hd-report.com/list-of-max-4k...-movies-shows/

Comment

> I was asking what is it that SF need in order to download 4k

Originally posted by Germania View Post
            need the key required for decryption for this resolution

> not a matter of setup in SF

For Max you can enable this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	max_4k.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	27.0 KB
ID:	451525

Comment

As mentioned, the video and audio limits StreamFab encounters are the same limits a web browser user has. So for example, Disney+ limited via web is limited to 720p, so StreamFab can only download from Disney+ at 720p. (note: there were some leaked keys for older DRM used on older content on Disney+, so there is some 1080p, but new/current content is done with a different DRM version and limited to 720p), Neflix can download 1080p for most content, but if its from Sony or one of their studios like Columbia, its limited to 480p/540p. And such..

Due to the DRM level used by Hulu and Max, you can download some of their content at up to 4K.

With Hulu its mainly "Hulu original content" (stuff like Only Murderers in the Building, etc), and you wont find movies and series from broadcast TV channels as 4K.

With Max its select content, and its relatively limited. Its also usually content added to Max before a particular date, as newer content appears to be encoded with a newer DRM.

Apple TV+ is another one where there is some older content available for download at 1080p, and very few that can be downloaded as 4K, and more recent content is limited to 360p/480p

Comment

Working...
              X