Login Problem YouTube

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

StreamFab for Windows Login Problem YouTube

Unfortunately, I have to reopen the topic "Login to YouTube" because since 9.2.0.1 I have had problems logging into YouTube with two different SF installations on two different computers. Unfortunately, the download for > FSK12 does not work.

Of course I have read and tried various support variants from the forum, but unfortunately they don't work for me.

Could this be a structural error or an error in my installations?​

> Could this be a structural error

I can only say that I've used no trick for three days
    and I could login with 6201 with a new google account,
    that I never used before (in SF or any other browser)
    even though it suggested by SF to sign in before in Chrome => here

Click image for larger version  Name:	yt_sign_in.jpg Views:	0 Size:	42.2 KB ID:	451923
    Last edited by Germania; 10-23-2024, 11:04 AM.

Comment

Germania I'm using the latest version of Streamab, but when I try to log in, StreamFab just closes with no error information or anything.​

Comment

Originally posted by DJBrunoLima View Post
        Germania I'm using the latest version of Streamab, but when I try to log in, StreamFab just closes with no error information or anything.​
        Many users have problems with the YT login (since many versions), therefore there are many topics here in forum.
        Originally posted by Germania View Post
        Looks like there is no general solution known
        But I never read that's a reason for "StreamFab just closes" ..
        .. in this case your StreamFab.log probably won't help either.
        I think in that case an Error-Report is sent automatically (CrashRpt.dll)

1st try to rename your cache - like here
        If not works after that try with Edge (after deleting your YT cookies in all Browser) -> info
        and/or test with Chrome with sync on -> info

Comment

I am still logged into YouTube via SF from way back posting this, which Germania also posted a link.

From what I gathered from my week-long trials any and all browsers need to be logged out of YouTube. And it may not be needed but I went further and cleared out the individual cookies for YouTube in all the browsers as well. I now only just logged in via Edge browser, SF, and one other YT app, that just does the none DRM and downloads 2 to 3 times faster than SF.
          If you only have one browser, try again. Or get a different app to download from YouTube as I have pushed and pushed for people to report every issue of login problems through the feedback option in SF. People may be reporting it, but if so, SF has little interest in fixing it right.
          Be careful though in what app you get as not so many support the DRM YouTube videos only the regular ones. Try before you buy.
          If you only get regular videos from YouTube there are even many free ones that just use yt-dlp with a GUI interface. It's the movies or shows in the movies tv section that seem to be DRM.
          Streamfab DEFAULT, WINDOWS 10/11, locations:

%HOMEPATH%\Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab
          %HOMEPATH%\AppData\Roaming\DVDFab\StreamFab

Comment

Originally posted by Stan001 View Post
            I am still logged into YouTube via SF from way back posting this, which Germania also posted a link.

From what I gathered from my week-long trials any and all browsers need to be logged out of YouTube. And it may not be needed but I went further and cleared out the individual cookies for YouTube in all the browsers as well. I now only just logged in via Edge browser, SF, and one other YT app, that just does the none DRM and downloads 2 to 3 times faster than SF.
            If you only have one browser, try again. Or get a different app to download from YouTube as I have pushed and pushed for people to report every issue of login problems through the feedback option in SF. People may be reporting it, but if so, SF has little interest in fixing it right.
            Be careful though in what app you get as not so many support the DRM YouTube videos only the regular ones. Try before you buy.
            If you only get regular videos from YouTube there are even many free ones that just use yt-dlp with a GUI interface. It's the movies or shows in the movies tv section that seem to be DRM.
            the only thing i need to be signed into youtube for is to watch / download restricted videos.
            anything else i just stay signed out.

Comment

Many users have problems with the YT login (since many versions), therefore there are many topics here in forum.

But I never read that's a reason for "StreamFab just closes" ..
              .. in this case your StreamFab.log probably won't help either.
              I think in that case an Error-Report is sent automatically (CrashRpt.dll)

1st try to rename your cache - like here
              If not works after that try with Edge (after deleting your YT cookies in all Browser) -> info
              and/or test with Chrome with sync on -> info
              The problem of closing SF solved, but I still can't log into a YouTube account.

Comment

.. but I still can't log into a YouTube account.
                What is this picture supposed to tell us?
                I don't see an error - but only the required mail input​​

Comment

What is this picture supposed to tell us?
                  I don't see an error - but only the required mail input​​
                  Yes, even if I put the login information into this Google account, it says that it can't because it's not trusted.

Comment

In the new 6.2.0.2 they changed how some sites log in now and YouTube is working fine now.
                    Netflix as well.

So hopefully this issue is solved now.
                    Streamfab DEFAULT, WINDOWS 10/11, locations:

%HOMEPATH%\Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab
                    %HOMEPATH%\AppData\Roaming\DVDFab\StreamFab

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	SF Error 4.jpg Views:	0 Size:	34.6 KB ID:	452078
                      When trying to sign in to YouTube (UK) via StreamFab the Google account sign in screen appears but only for a few seconds (not fast enough to type your email but you can copy and paste it) when you proceed (before even putting a password in) it says the browser or app may not be secure.

The whole, open Chrome sign out of YouTube, sign back in, close Chrome, then try StreamFab hasn't helped.

With the latest version of StreamFab after inputting your Google account it does actually go to the password entry screen but there isn't enough time to input it before it goes back to YouTube (with you not being signed in).

I've tested about a dozen times, you have about 4 seconds to input your password and your email/username in total however that includes the time for the Google sign in page to load and transition from your email/username to your password, even copying and pasting my email that isn't enough time for me to input it.

Feels like a tiny step forward though.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Chris5626; Today, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris5626 View Post
                        Click image for larger version Name:	SF Error 4.jpg Views:	0 Size:	34.6 KB ID:	452078
                        When trying to sign in to YouTube (UK) via StreamFab the Google account sign in screen appears but only for a few seconds (not fast enough to type your email but you can copy and paste it) when you proceed (before even putting a password in) it says the browser or app may not be secure.

The whole, open Chrome sign out of YouTube, sign back in, close Chrome, then try StreamFab hasn't helped.

With the latest version of StreamFab after inputting your Google account it does actually go to the password entry screen but it there isn't enough time to input it before it goes back to YouTube (with you not being signed in).

I've tested about a dozen times, you have about 4 seconds to input your password and your email/username in total however that includes the time for the Google sign in page to load and transition from your email/username to your password, even copying and pasting my email that isn't enough time for me to input it.

Feels like a tiny step forward though.
                        Same here, even on the updated version today.

Comment

Originally posted by PBM72 View Post

Same here, even on the updated version today.
                          So, now I'm logged into YouTube with an account, the solution I found was to open the Google website in SF and enter the email and password data in the SF browser and then I opened YouTube and there I was already logged into an account perfectly.

Comment

So, now I'm logged into YouTube with an account, the solution I found was to open the Google website in SF and enter the email and password data in the SF browser and then I opened YouTube and there I was already logged into an account perfectly.
                            That has allowed me to sign in on YouTube, that method didn't work for the previous version HOWEVER it appears there is still an issue with SF. If you try to access any paid for movies or shows it states "Your browser can't play this video."

If you copy the URL (rather than analysing from the page) the download will fail stating "This video is DRM protected."

Comment

Working...
                            X