Questions about MusicFab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by supine View Post
    StPeterOrding2015, Yeah, It's kind of frustrating having to look at things from this side of the bench. Even if the Fab team had done a "Push" through the software warning users this might happen, I don't think that they could have been more proactive until they actually got a look at the new DRM platform. It looks looks they were in a loose/loose situation. Do you have a suggestion on what they could have done differently? Perhaps your suggestion would help in the future.
    We're very sorry for the bad experience, but we're not ignoring the impact of this issue and are working hard to deal with it as soon as possible; our developers are working on it late every day, even on weekends.
    But it does take some time to fully recover from the problem;
    The services currently affected are Spotify, Amazon Music, Apple Music, TIDAL, Audible; we are gradually working on the restoration of the services.​​

Comment

22. november 2023 (similar the changes at chrom 107 on October 25. 2022 - and affected all on December 6, 2022):
      "Google justifies the migration from Manifest V2 to V3 by saying that the Chrome browser can work more resource-efficiently by limiting the use of the extensions and that the privacy of the users is better protected"

@all:
      I suspected something like this would happen eventually, that request to Google was likely from Amazon Prime, the big boy. I suspected this to happen before the 29th, we know what that's about. Is there a time frame on remedying this and might it be better handled in the future with more communication between business partners?

MusicFab Team:
      Yes, this is now a challenging task for you and everyone else who offers similar products, good news from you – tackle the topic​

Comment

@ MusicFab Team:
        Maybe you should stop selling MusicFab for a few days?​
        Argument could be: "Due to current adjustments, MusicFab will be available again in a few days"​

Comment

Originally posted by StPeterOrding2015 View Post
          @ MusicFab Team:
          Maybe you should stop selling MusicFab for a few days?​
          Argument could be: "Due to current adjustments, MusicFab will be available again in a few days"​
          https://de.musicfab.org/all-in-one.htm
          That is a good idea, but the revenue stream generated by new users pays the development team while they fix the issue. Perhaps a warning that MusicFab is down, and a promise that it will be resolved as soon as possible before the customer pays. I don't think there will be many (if any) new users for the duration of this crisis anyway. If they are offering free downloads and they don't work at all, who would make that purchase? I still don't believe only 10 downloads is really enough to evaluate this software, but if nothing at all works, potential new users will get the picture fast. For those that do make the purchase blind, MusicFab offers a 30 day money back guarantee. Who wouldn't demand their money back after paying for, well.. broken software. The sad part is, some potential users may not return even after this issue is resolved based on one bad experience. MusicFab is going to have to rely on word of mouth from existing users like you and I after this crisis, and I don't think either one of us is going to recommend the purchase while the software is still inoperable.
          Last edited by supine; 01-30-2024, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Hmmm,
            so if I tried a demo version and it didn't work I would be off the hook fpr a while, especially since the trial version only supports downloading 3 songs per service.

If I were to buy the product without trying it out - which you should never do these days - and it doesn't work/not right away but only at some point, then I would feel cheated.

It may be that, as a person from G...., I stand for honesty and openness. In any case, my experience in the IT is: don't bury your head in the sand and wait until the customer notices the error, proactively informing as early as possible and showing solutions is the way forward.​

Comment

Originally posted by StPeterOrding2015 View Post

It may be that, as a person from G...., I stand for honesty and openness. In any case, my experience in the IT is: don't bury your head in the sand and wait until the customer notices the error, proactively informing as early as possible and showing solutions is the way forward.​
              I agree whole heartedly about informing as early as possible and four days without a word was troubling. Showing possible solutions is also part of the open information concept... as long as you have some idea of what that solution may be. In this case, the development team was probably blind to any solutions until the DRM package was deployed and they could get a good look at it. Yes, It would have been nice if the team had jumped right in and assured customers that they were aware of the problem and are working on a solution as fast as possible; even if there is no definitive estimated time to repair (ETR). Well, there is no turning back the clock and the Staff has distributed that message (even if it WAS late). I, myself, can either stay upset, or get over it. The later seems more beneficial to my health. The circumstances leading to my strife were beyond my control. We have been assured by the Staff that the Development Team is working on a solution as fast as they are able, and will deploy the fix as soon as they have a working solution. Right now, I'm kind of stuck.. The only thing I can do now, is try to have some faith in the Fab Team, and wait for a solution to be found and deployed.

StPeterOrding2015 : On a side note: You have been with this project as long or longer than I have. I'm pretty sure you remember the abomination they were actually charging people for when this software first deployed. Although the road has been long and there have been missteps along the way; the difference between what this software was then and what it is now is vast and somewhat impressive. I had a VERY long list of grievances with this software when it deployed, and if you remember, thought that it should have never left Beta. So far, given time, the Development Team have addressed almost every issue. I would like to think that this major "snag" is not beyond this teams capabilities as their track record has shown; and that a solution will be forthcoming if we just have patience. I am absolutely certain that you are already aware of all of this, and have the patience it takes. ...If you were not already aware of this or lacked the patience needed, I'm betting that you would not still be around to read this diatribe.
              Last edited by supine; 01-30-2024, 11:53 PM.

Comment

I just updated to 1.0.2.6. Still no success.

Patiently waiting.

Comment

BTW: If the "Protected content" screen doesn't show. or I restart several times until it goes away, I can add whatever I want to the download que, but it will not download. It still says analyzing until it fails.

Comment

BTW: If the "Protected content" screen doesn't show. or I restart several times until it goes away, I can add whatever I want to the download que, but it will not download. It still says analyzing until it fails.
                    Yes, the "Protected content" screen and download issues are due to this drm upgrade; the dev team is still working on it and will have a new version available soon!

Comment

Suc-Cess! 1.0.2.7 has picked up from the existing que and seems to be working (with Spotify) like a champ. More as I put the software through a little more testing. StPeterOrding2015: please let me know what you find on your end.

Comment

Well, MusicFab has crashed three times in an hour. (Log attached)

Album art still isn't showing up in Windows until I put it back. It's in the downloaded tag (Metadata), it just does not show up in Windows. Once I resend the album artwork back into the tag, I have no problem.

Adding to the que past a certain point in an artists Discography for a very prolific artist, still bounces me to the top of the album/discography list, forcing me to scroll all the way back down to where I was. By the time that starts happening, it's a very long way down to where I was. (Examples: Barbra Streisand, Kenny Rodgers) I found this after I zipped the log. I can send another if you wish, but a little practical experimentation should confirm this. I don't know if something like that would show up in the log anyway.

On the upside, I have no problem adding to the que. So far, the issue with the selection window not coming up has not shown up. Despite the crashes, the downloads are fast and reliable. A simple restart has brought me rapidly back in service. This instance of MusicFab has been up for over thirty minutes with no issues besides the aforementioned.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by supine; 02-08-2024, 01:58 AM.

Comment

Well, MusicFab has crashed three times in an hour. (Log attached)

Album art still isn't showing up in Windows until I put it back. It's in the downloaded tag (Metadata), it just does not show up in Windows. Once I resend the album artwork back into the tag, I have no problem.

Adding to the que past a certain point in an artists Discography for a very prolific artist, still bounces me to the top of the album/discography list, forcing me to scroll all the way back down to where I was. By the time that starts happening, it's a very long way down to where I was. (Examples: Barbra Streisand, Kenny Rodgers) I found this after I zipped the log. I can send another if you wish, but a little practical experimentation should confirm this. I don't know if something like that would show up in the log anyway.

On the upside, I have no problem adding to the que. So far, the issue with the selection window not coming up has not shown up. Despite the crashes, the downloads are fast and reliable. A simple restart has brought me rapidly back in service. This instance of MusicFab has been up for over thirty minutes with no issues besides the aforementioned.
                          We will continue to work on the issues, so stay tuned for a new version!

Comment

I haven't been on this thread since MusicFab was stabilized. Just a note: I haven't used MusicFab in a while. Life events kept me busy, and I just wasn't able to "Play" with it for a while. I did however, keep up with the updates. When I recently tried to use it, all of my tracks were dumped into a folder called "Other" regardless of album or artist, and in spite of my output selections in settings.

A total uninstall and re-install; and ensuring that the Log and temp folders were deleted, solved this issue. Hopefully nobody else has run across this, but I figured that I would post my fix for this snag I ran into, and (again, hopefully) save someone a hassle.

Comment

Hi supine,
                              i use the 1.0.2.8 and this version works fine - but slow - for me with no problems (except that every now and then the “You have reached the tab limit.
                              There are too many tabs open. Close this tab and continue listening to music." appears - and then nothing works again -​).

BUT, the 1.0..6. was the fastest version ever.

greetings

Comment

Working...
                              X