Questions about MusicFab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Supine,

Sounds Like things are slowly getting better for you..

Are you just trying ONE Website ???

Are YOU Still having Trouble Downloading CERTAIN Tracks ?????

Comment

The Track Selection screen failed to open after finishing a short download list, forcing me to close the program. This has been an intermittent, but common problem. When I restarted the program, the "Protected Content" screen returned. I spent the next 30 minutes trying to get rid of it before giving up. I'll try again tomorrow.

Comment

Hi supine
        "All of the tracks on multi-disc albums are still being dumped into a single directory (folder)",

could you please post your download settings again. Maybe there is something to improve there. All my downloads go into separate folders​.

Greetings

Comment

I have BEEN a member since 2015

WHY---WHY--- Are my Message's being """Unapproved"""

Please FIX This !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by StPeterOrding2015 View Post
            Hi supine
            "All of the tracks on multi-disc albums are still being dumped into a single directory (folder)",

could you please post your download settings again. Maybe there is something to improve there. All my downloads go into separate folders​.

Greetings
            If it's just a setting I missed, that would be wonderful. The Downloads go into separate folders, but tracks from multi Disc albums are dumped into a single directory VS sorted by Disc. IE:

This > C:\Users\<User>\Documents\MusicFab\MusicFab\Output \Spotify\<Album>\<Tracks from all discs>

VS > C:\Users\<User>\Documents\MusicFab\MusicFab\Outpu t\Spotify\<Album>\<Disc 1>\<Tracks>
            C:\Users\<User>\Documents\MusicFab\MusicFab\Outpu t\Spotify\<Album>\<Disc 2>\<Tracks>

I have attached a screen shot of my settings. If it's something I have missed, I would be grateful for your help. If you need more info, just let me know.
            -Thanks-

Click image for larger version  Name:	MusicFab Settings.jpg Views:	0 Size:	24.6 KB ID:	429768
            Last edited by supine; 08-28-2023, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ord1117 View Post
              Hi Supine,

Sounds Like things are slowly getting better for you..

Are you just trying ONE Website ???

Are YOU Still having Trouble Downloading CERTAIN Tracks ?????
              Yeah... Just one site. Spotify. and yes, some selections are greyed out in the selection list, and don't populate in the track selection list. I can't complain to MusicFab about this, because those same tracks are greyed out when I access Spotify through a regular browser on my computer.

Spotify Discographies are also incomplete. When I look at some Discographies; I own (sometimes several) albums that don't show up in the discography list, and are unavailable. Still... Spotify is still the biggest streamer with (in my opinion) the largest selection. Paying monthly for two streaming services would (for me) redundant. I AM an Amazon Prime member, but would have to pay more for their complete collection of music. I do play there from time to time though.

I stream Spotify in my vehicles rather than listen to the radio, that has what feels like fifteen minute stretches of commercials and commentary. I also don't have to put up with some idiot talking over the musical intro's or extro's. I believe talking over music and ruining my enjoyment is just a kludge used by no talent hacks to avoid "dead air", or just plain ignorant butheads.

Too bad about the "Protected Content" screen returning. For a while, I thought it had gone away. This latest version also seems to crash more. I still have hope things will get better though. Maybe not as soon as I would like for some things, but I know they are working on it. I am still able to get the content I want for "offline listening". It just sometimes takes a little more patience. So... Until then... I wait.

Note: I have even started exploring new artists!

Comment

Hi supine
                "All of the tracks on multi-disc albums are still being dumped into a single directory (folder)",​

Sorry for my questions, witch album and singer/album makes your problem.. and where on the album or tracks?

Greetings

Comment

Sorry,
                  windows or mac​? (Im only on win a experience​)
                  - which win version?
                  - administrator access or only user access?

And:
                  - private or company PC/Notebook
                  - which anty spire ware or malware - or vpn sw?
                  - not normale software?
                  - spotify: payed user or guest <== i understand your are an payed user?
                  - web browser which and which version
                  - web browser: fireforx for me, setting at close = clear cache set?

Greetings

Comment

Originally posted by StPeterOrding2015 View Post
                    Sorry,
                    windows or mac​? (Im only on win a experience​)
                    - which win version?
                    - administrator access or only user access?

And:
                    - private or company PC/Notebook
                    - which anty spire ware or malware - or vpn sw?
                    - not normale software?
                    - spotify: payed user or guest <== i understand your are an payed user?
                    - web browser which and which version
                    - web browser: fireforx for me, setting at close = clear cache set?

Greetings
                    I am running Windows 10 Pro, and no, I do not start MusicFab as an Administrator. I DO own 1 Windows 11 machine. I consider Windows 11 to be badly broken and do not plan to downgrade to 11 until I absolutely have to. I only have that machine to keep abreast of that platform, review updates, and run minor programs when my main computer is busy. I am also a member of the Windows 11 forum, although lately I have only been posting there very infrequently. Most of the people in the threads I follow there, are pointing out specific broken areas of Windows 11 that don't seem to be getting fixed despite many and repeated user complaints over official channels; or as in the case of displaying artwork on the folders, inadequate attempts to fix a broken UI. Right now, I feel that those threads are just beating a dead horse. I'll return when (in the unlikely event) Microsoft makes significant headway fixing or returning tools and productivity software that were removed from windows 11. ....but I'm ranting and getting a little off the subject. (Sorry).

This is a Private (Tower) computer running an AMD Ryzen 5 2600X Six-Core Processor @ 3.60 GHz with 16.0 GB of Ram. The Graphics card is an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080, with 8 Gig of Ram. Although I have other Windows 10 computers, this is my go to Multimedia platform, and the main one I run MusicFab on. Not the latest and greatest, but it works for me. (and the best one I could afford at the time.)
                    As far as Antispyware, I am using Malwarebytes with Superantispyware running in the background.
                    I am not using a VPN although I do have one installed. Since I am accessing my own paid Spotify subscription, I'm easy to track and just don't see the point of having a VPN slowing me down.
                    As far as the Browser, I use the one built into MusicFab (Not much choice there.) The MusicFab version is 1.0.1.3. There seems to be no way to clear the cache on that browser.
                    I do not have any ill-behaved software on this machine (except MusicFab) that I know of. Except for the Spotify issue, I'm a privacy nut, and this is a VERY clean machine.

There are many multi disc albums out there. I've been having trouble with them all. If you need an example, you can try Dan Fogelberg's Innocent Age Album. That particular album was always within easy reach for me on my CD rack.

I have several browsers on this machine, but Firefox isn't one of them. Firefox is a preferred browser for many of my friends, but unfortunately the Firefox browser and I had a falling out many years back (I'm not going to get into the reason here,). I shunned it, and haven't been back since. I understand from my friends, that most of the issues I had were addressed, but I got a bug in my behind, and the sour feeling I had toward that browser (and staff) still lingers, even though my heartburn with that browser was many years ago. If I ever have an issue that Firefox would solve however, I would not object to installing it on my machine. So far, that scenario has not come up.

I hope that I have answered all of your questions. If you need any more information, please feel free to ask
                    -Thanks- (Smee)

Edit: BTW, Per your suggestion, I reviewed my settings and found that the MusicFab staff took care of parsing the output by artist and album. I don't know how long that issue has been fixed, and I just didn't notice it. I didn't read the last release notes, and that was pretty silly of me. Way to go Team! #StPeterOrding2015, thank you for suggesting that I review my settings. I guess that I need to do that for every new release.
                    Last edited by supine; 08-29-2023, 09:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by supine View Post

I am running Windows 10 Pro, and no, I do not start MusicFab as an Administrator. I DO own 1 Windows 11 machine. I consider Windows 11 to be badly broken and do not plan to downgrade to 11 until I absolutely have to. I only have that machine to keep abreast of that platform, review updates, and run minor programs when my main computer is busy. I am also a member of the Windows 11 forum, although lately I have only been posting there very infrequently. Most of the people in the threads I follow there, are pointing out specific broken areas of Windows 11 that don't seem to be getting fixed despite many and repeated user complaints over official channels; or as in the case of displaying artwork on the folders, inadequate attempts to fix a broken UI. Right now, I feel that those threads are just beating a dead horse. I'll return when (in the unlikely event) Microsoft makes significant headway fixing or returning tools and productivity software that were removed from windows 11. ....but I'm ranting and getting a little off the subject. (Sorry).

This is a Private (Tower) computer running an AMD Ryzen 5 2600X Six-Core Processor @ 3.60 GHz with 16.0 GB of Ram. The Graphics card is an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080, with 8 Gig of Ram. Although I have other Windows 10 computers, this is my go to Multimedia platform, and the main one I run MusicFab on. Not the latest and greatest, but it works for me. (and the best one I could afford at the time.)
                      As far as Antispyware, I am using Malwarebytes with Superantispyware running in the background.
                      I am not using a VPN although I do have one installed. Since I am accessing my own paid Spotify subscription, I'm easy to track and just don't see the point of having a VPN slowing me down.
                      As far as the Browser, I use the one built into MusicFab (Not much choice there.) The MusicFab version is 1.0.1.3. There seems to be no way to clear the cache on that browser.
                      I do not have any ill-behaved software on this machine (except MusicFab) that I know of. Except for the Spotify issue, I'm a privacy nut, and this is a VERY clean machine.

There are many multi disc albums out there. I've been having trouble with them all. If you need an example, you can try Dan Fogelberg's Innocent Age Album. That particular album was always within easy reach for me on my CD rack.

I have several browsers on this machine, but Firefox isn't one of them. Firefox is a preferred browser for many of my friends, but unfortunately the Firefox browser and I had a falling out many years back (I'm not going to get into the reason here,). I shunned it, and haven't been back since. I understand from my friends, that most of the issues I had were addressed, but I got a bug in my behind, and the sour feeling I had toward that browser (and staff) still lingers, even though my heartburn with that browser was many years ago. If I ever have an issue that Firefox would solve however, I would not object to installing it on my machine. So far, that scenario has not come up.

I hope that I have answered all of your questions. If you need any more information, please feel free to ask
                      -Thanks- (Smee)

Edit: BTW, Per your suggestion, I reviewed my settings and found that the MusicFab staff took care of parsing the output by artist and album. I don't know how long that issue has been fixed, and I just didn't notice it. I didn't read the last release notes, and that was pretty silly of me. Way to go Team! #StPeterOrding2015, thank you for suggesting that I review my settings. I guess that I need to do that for every new release.
                      Hi Supine,

You Said

Well I found ---Dan Fogelberg ---Innocent Age (2 Disc) (17 Tracks) (1981)

I had ZERO Problems Downloading it with my Downloader.

I have Windows 11

Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070 Ti

I use Google Chrome

Don't Like Fire Fox

Comment

Well I responded to you Supine.

BUT there is a BUG running around

And my Posts are Being """Unapproved"""

I have to BUG Them, Everytime to get them """Approved"""

I have asked them to FIX IT !!!!!!

This ONE will Probably Be """Unapproved""" --- Tooooooooo

So it may take 2 or 3 Days for you to SEE This.

Comment

ALSO, They have ME As A NEW MEMBER

LOOK at the DATE People !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JOIN DATE-------Sept 2015

Posts --- 115

Tech SAVY People around here

Comment

err.. the trouble with multi-disc albums still exists. I'm looking forward to any suggestions that may remedy the issue.
                            -Thanks-
                            Last edited by supine; 08-30-2023, 12:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by supine View Post
                              err.. the trouble with multi-disc albums still exists. I'm looking forward to any suggestions that may remedy the issue.
                              -Thanks-
                              I wish I could Help You Supine

Multi Disc Albums ---have a numbering system,

Why Cant they Put Disc 1 in a Folder---Disc 2 in another folder etc

I have a Video Player with a Pic Capture

and it Puts the Name of the video and it numbers the Pic.

Comment

Previous Post STILL """Unapproved"""""

I AM NOT A NEW MEMBER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FIX IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

Comment

Working...
                                X