No announcement yet.

Very strange BLACK SCREEN problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tested The Shallows BD50 now on my standalone Samsung UBD-K8500. Firstly it came out a little bit undersized (~5GB), but that could be an oversaturation of the encoder. It works great in DVDFab Player 5. In my Samsung it tries to load the menu, but gets stuck at 15-20%. Could this be some sort of JAVA problem? Also noticed it lacked the original CERTIFICATE folder, but don't know the importance of that and as I don't have a drive that could read the original disc I couldn't check that out.

//LD

Comment

I can confirm this exactly on my k8500. load is stuck at 20% never the less the Samsung k8500 is getting 9 out of 10 discs right, the Sony x800 is getting 2 out of 10 discs right. this is a nasty bug and a main feature. We use this Dvdfab feature to run the BD50 creations on our standalone UHD players. Only the software players on a PC like Fabplayer runs all the creations well but not the standalone players.

Comment

Redid Unforgiven to BD25 instead and this time no minor stutters, so definately problems with max bitrate even on BD50.

//LD

Comment

Then we are a long way from perfect when we talk about UHD to BD50 full menu.
          - Max bitrate outside BD specs.
          - many titles not loading on standalone players.

Comment

@mrnqrv

I'm using Oppo 203 for playback. Most of my re-encodes do in fact work, but sadly about 1 in 10 doesn't.
            The "Man in Black" triology for example.
            Here is a short list of titles, that won't get past a "black bootscreen" that I've compiled so far:
            Kick-Ass
            Fate of the Furious
            The great Gatsby
            Dark Crystal
            Ice Age 5
            Ferdinand
            A few good men
            pineapple express

and all of "Christopher Nolan" titles (Batman Triology, Inception, etc.)

Kind regards

Comment

Only as a tip to test. I have found, if I edit DVDfab generated UHDs again with CloneBD, that these were then playable. Maybe this will help you. Im using an UB900 Panasonic.

Comment

Hi guys,

The playback problem is fixed, please update to DVDFab 10.0.8.9 to try again: https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...-april-12-2018

Regards,
                Mona

Comment

Correct! Good work.

Comment

Working...
                  X