This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wachouff View Post
    I would very much appreciate if someone could explain to me where exactly is the "load external key" option. I've read this post, without being able to go further: https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/uhd-co...-blu-ray-discs. I know it's a very noobish question.
    My understanding is that this was changed in version 10.0.8.8 and you no longer use the external keys...

Comment

Originally posted by KidJoe View Post
      So the local Micro Center had LG WH16NS40 drives on sale the other day (about the same price as Amazon who was out of stock)... so I popped over and picked one up. All the drives on the shelf were labeled with SVC Code NS50, dated January 2018 and the label also stated Rom Ver: 1.03. I purchased one anyway and took it home.

As expected with 1.03, Passkey says "no disc inserted" when I put my Wonder Woman UHD disc in.

After following the instructions (on another forum) to downgrade the drive's firmware to 1.02, it works. Passkey now identifies the disc and can rip it. I haven't tried any other discs yet.

There are caveats to downgrading... you must be able to put the SATA controller you connect the drive to into IDE mode, and you needed to boot to DOS or 32bit Windows. My Asus Z170-Deluxe couldn't do that, so I had to connect the new LG to my Son's older PC with an Intel DG33TL board, where I could set to IDE mode, and used a Win 7 "Live CD" (basically a Win PE disc) that was 32bit in order to complete the downgrade process.
      I just purchased a WH16NS40 that was on the 1.00 firmware, but also tried upgrading it to 1.01 and 1.02. None will work with DVDFab, it just thinks there isn't a disc in the drive. Does anyone have any suggestions? Can someone PM me a link to the correct firmware, just in case I'm using the wrong one?

Comment

Originally posted by robneal81 View Post

I just purchased a WH16NS40 that was on the 1.00 firmware, but also tried upgrading it to 1.01 and 1.02. None will work with DVDFab, it just thinks there isn't a disc in the drive. Does anyone have any suggestions? Can someone PM me a link to the correct firmware, just in case I'm using the wrong one?
        Does it have the SVC Code NS50 on its label? What was its manufacture date? I have some older WH16NS40 drives (one from 2013 doesn't have the SVC making. one from 2015 that has SVC NS40 marking) and those older ones don't work with UHD. It needs to have the SVC NS50 marking on it.

See the attached picture for my oldest WH16NS40 drive (2012) without SVC marking, and my newest (2018) with NS50 marking.

Ok so the attachment doesn't seem to be working properly... so see... https://photos.app.goo.gl/J00Tu87ydlnTsRXu1
        Attached Files
        Last edited by KidJoe; 05-24-2018, 05:26 PM.

Comment

Mine looks like the top drive...an older one without the SVC marking. I guess that's the issue. Thanks very much for confirming! I'll pick up another drive and try again.

Comment

My understanding is that this was changed in version 10.0.8.8 and you no longer use the external keys...

Same problem with 10.0.9.2 and 10.0.9.3 : "Oops! This disc is not supported yet. Please try again at a later time."

Comment

Same problem with 10.0.9.2 and 10.0.9.3 : "Oops! This disc is not supported yet. Please try again at a later time."
              Yup. My understanding is also that there can be a delay add support for discs, especially newer releases .

What disc is it?

Comment

Anyone know how to tell firmware version from the drive stickers for Asus? LG is pretty easy. I'm looking at a BW-16D1HT from a seller, and it is made May 2016, but I can't see a FW or ROM version mentioned.

Comment

What disc is it?
                  Star Wars 8 4K.

Comment

Hi, for those still looking for a UHD Compatible Drive, I have a few LG WH16NS60 Firmware Version 1.00 in stock that I am selling on ebay if anyone is interested. These are UHD Friendly as they have the Old Firmware:
                    https://www.ebay.com/itm/183268180819

After spending a lot of time and money buying drives online that were recommended, only to find out they had newer firmware and are not compatible, I somewhat "struck gold" with a small lot of these drives with the old firmware. Happy to see that the money I spent on the UHD tools from DVDFab can now be used!

Comment

Star Wars 8 4K.
                      Well, if this is correct... https://www.myce.com/news/dvdfab-ann...oftware-84041/ then maybe DVDFab's supported list will mirror DeUHD support list but with a slight delay. However I don't see Last Jedi on the DeUHD list on their page.

Someone made a post in the forum before (early April) about "Unsupported Disc".. and the mods asked for more info and files. So maybe making a post outside this thread, the mods can see it and possibly resolve it?

Comment

I found this link https://www.dvdfab.cn/4k-uhd-drives.htm listing the support UHD drives for dvdfab. Based on this I ordered the LG BP60NB10 slim external drive. When I try to rip my UHD disc DVDfab tells me my UHD drive is not supported and links me to the above page. Is this drive supported?

Comment

Pioneer BDR-211UBK Someone test with 4k movie?

Comment

Just got my Buffalo BRUHD PU3 that is on the friendly list. I tried to read a UHD and got the DVDFAb does not support your UHD drive. Please check the supported drives here. Click on link and my drive is listed
                            That list is what I used to order from Amazon.

Comment

Originally posted by jgibo1 View Post
                              Just got my Buffalo BRUHD PU3 that is on the friendly list. I tried to read a UHD and got the DVDFAb does not support your UHD drive. Please check the supported drives here. Click on link and my drive is listed
                              That list is what I used to order from Amazon.
                              what firmware does your drive have ?? and see here - https://www.dvdfab.cn/4k-uhd-drives....ID=productpage

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

what firmware does your drive have ?? and see here - https://www.dvdfab.cn/4k-uhd-drives....ID=productpage
                                I just checked and it shows BU11 instead of the preferred BU10. I tried downloading the older firmware but get the message I have the latest. (translation from Japanese I think)
                                since I had nothing to do I downloaded the data to my pc then made an iso with dvdfab just to see if it would work. It did but didn't show me audio options.

Comment

Working...
                                X