Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

11.0.6.9 seems to be ripping at full bitrate with Gemini Man (2019)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UHD movies higher than 23.976 fps [ie: Gemini Man native at 60fps]: For the A/V purest, we all want the best quality video/audio meaning ‘higher everything’ ie:GB storage is not an issue! However, my post today is a bit different, so I thought I would share my conundrum: AppleTV4K/Plex will only spin at 23.976 with some success up to 30fps. DVDFAB, using various advanced settings & combinations, we could not down-convert to the lower 23fps - the resulting video quality was very poor. All our previous 4K movies were native 23.976, so DVDFAB's pass-through produced great results. There are other HD movies being released at 60fps and even 120fps that will not be playable [using DVDFAB passthrough] on our Apple4kTV/Plex setup. I know other players will play the higher fps but i'm locked in on the Plex setup. Unless someone has a successful DVDFAB method to reduce the higher fps to 23.976 fps, or Plex finds a way to play 60fps, for now, my work around is to examine each 4K movie for fps before purchasing.

Comment

Working...
    X