Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

11.0.6.9 seems to be ripping at full bitrate with Gemini Man (2019)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UHD Ripper 11.0.6.9 seems to be ripping at full bitrate with Gemini Man (2019)

I updated to the latest DVDFab version 11.0.6.9 and ripped the UHD disc of Gemini Man (2019), using MKV.4k.H265.10bit like I do for all my UHD's, but when it finished the file size was 43gb!
    So for whatever reason, it essentially copied the movie with no conversion. I expected to see a file size around 16gb. So I'm going to go back to version 11.0.6.8 and see if it happens again with this title.

I'm attaching the internal log and some screenshots if someone could take a look and see what happened, I would appreciate it.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Gemini 2.png Views:	1 Size:	50.8 KB ID:	377421

Attached Files

From the capture of the advanced settings page it looks like all of that is correct. You might try it with one pass instead of two. The first capture of the open source screen is not legible and not really needed here so I have removed it. Do you normally set the encoder bitrate at that level?

For the best results with captures, read the link in my sig about using images and use png instead of jpg.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
      From the capture of the advanced settings page it looks like all of that is correct. You might try it with one pass instead of two. The first capture of the open source screen is not legible and not really needed here so I have removed it. Do you normally set the encoder bitrate at that level?

For the best results with captures, read the link in my sig about using images and use png instead of jpg.
      I tried it again with 11.0.6.8 and got the same results, a copy of the movie with no conversion.
      I always use 2 pass with .1 as the bitrate.
      I'll try again with 1 pass and see what happens. I'm wondering if it's a problem with this movie since, both of the last DVDFab versions did the same thing.

As for the screenshots, I did exactly what your post says, I grabbed the shot, edited it down to 700/500 pixels (your forums max), then uploaded it. The original pixel count was above 3400/1600, because my desktop is running at 4k. So making me resize the capture down to 700/500 kills the resolution. I don't want to change my desktop resolution just to get a good screenshot, because that requires me to log out of windows 10 which closes all of my programs that are running.

Attached Files

Comment

I just tried using 1 pass with 11.0.6.8 and it did the same thing as 2 pass, it copied the movie with no conversion.
        I'm going to update to 11.0.6.9 and rip another UHD disc that has worked in the past to verify whether the problem is the disc or DVDFab.

I'll let you know how that goes, in the mean time I attached the log from the 1 pass rip.
        Attached Files

Comment

That would be great, please share the results. I will try to find time to try a couple myself.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

That would be great, please share the results. I will try to find time to try a couple myself.
            So I updated to the latest DVDFab version 11.0.6.9 and ripped Deadpool (2016) and it ripped correctly. It converted the movie down in size, leaving it as a UHD title with a limited BT2020 color profile that included Atmos sound.
            So it looks like something is going wrong with just this movie (Gemini Man 2019).

I'm uploading the log results from my correct rip of Deadpool (2016) to see if you can spot the difference between the correct rip of Deadpool and the problem rip of Gemini Man.

I hope a developer can look into the problem and find a solution.
            In the meantime, I'm going to rip only the first chapter of Gemini Man using different profiles and settings to see I can find one that works with this movie.
            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the added feedback, I do not have the disc for Gemini Man yet, the others I have tested work normally, as you found with Deadpool. The developers will have to check it in an effort to duplicate the problem so that it can be corrected.

Comment

Thanks for the added feedback, I do not have the disc for Gemini Man yet, the others I have tested work normally, as you found with Deadpool. The developers will have to check it in an effort to duplicate the problem so that it can be corrected.
                Thanks for helping. Look forward to a solution.

Comment

I will have the disc tomorrow hopefully and will be able to try it also.

Comment

I will have the disc tomorrow hopefully and will be able to try it also.
                    I'm curious to see what happens with your uhd rip.

Comment

I'm not sure why I didn't do this earlier, but I looked at the Mediainfo on Gemini Man (2019) and compared it with Yesterday (2019) and found the difference.
                      Gemini Man is 60fps and the bitrate is over 50mb/s, while Yesterday is only 24fps with a bitrate over 14mb/s.

So I'm ripping double the amount of frames, but I still don't see why the file size would be more than double a similar length movie.
                      Wonder if DVDFab is doing something odd with 60fps UHD titles. This is my first 60fps UHD title.
                      Attached Files

Comment

I suspect that also, will try it tomorrow.

Comment

I suspect that also, will try it tomorrow.
                          Signals, did you ever rip this movie after receiving it, and was file size larger than one would expect for a 60fps title?

Comment

Originally posted by FQs19 View Post

Signals, did you ever rip this movie after receiving it, and was file size larger than one would expect for a 60fps title?
                            Hello FQs19, to get a smaller file size, please set it to use a smaller Frame rate.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post

Hello FQs19, to get a smaller file size, please set it to use a smaller Frame rate.
                              I would like to keep the video at 60fps.
                              Didn't do the math correctly, before I made this post.
                              It's 60fps, so 36 frames more each second than 24fps films. So the larger file size makes sense.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X