SRT subtitle files generated by MP4 Dolby Vision profile contain errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SRT subtitle files generated by MP4 Dolby Vision profile contain errors

With 3 different UHD movies now (Overlord, Ford v Ferrari, and Spectre), the .srt subtitle files generated by the MP4.Dolby Vision profile contains many spelling errors compared to the subtitles that actually appear in my previous rips with MKV Passthrough with subtitles remuxed in. The settings that I used for all 3 of the above 4k movies are MP4.Dolby Vision (Web Optimized), video passthrough (“Copy Video”) with two streams, audio is EAC3 5.1 at 48kHz, 640 kbps, and extract to srt file. Are you able to duplicate this? Thanks.

I have passed your feedback to our QA team, I will update you soon.

Comment

Originally posted by jwong16228 View Post
      With 3 different UHD movies now (Overlord, Ford v Ferrari, and Spectre), the .srt subtitleFo files generated by the MP4.Dolby Vision profile contains many spelling errors compared to the subtitles that actually appear in my previous rips with MKV Passthrough with subtitles remuxed in. The settings that I used for all 3 of the above 4k movies are MP4.Dolby Vision (Web Optimized), video passthrough (“Copy Video”) with two streams, audio is EAC3 5.1 at 48kHz, 640 kbps, and extract to srt file. Are you able to duplicate this? Thanks.
      Ford V Ferrari doesn't have Dolby Vision...https://www.forbes.com/sites/johnarc.../#21581e3dcf8d

Comment

Yes, you are correct. Ford v Ferrari doesn't have Dolby Vision. I was just testing it because I knew that movie only had a few forced subtitles. Overlord and Spectre definitely have Dolby Vision, and quite a number of forced subtitles. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by jwong16228 View Post
          Yes, you are correct. Ford v Ferrari doesn't have Dolby Vision. I was just testing it because I knew that movie only had a few forced subtitles. Overlord and Spectre definitely have Dolby Vision, and quite a number of forced subtitles. Thanks.
          Oh ok, you just made me do a double take because I definitely would've seen it in DV if it was available. About your issue—it must be that the OCR software is getting thrown off by the Dolby Vision conversion, which I'm sure includes some weird color shifting that might make some text unreadable?

Comment

Working...
          X