John Wick 3 UHD rip - But no ATMOS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

John Wick 3 UHD rip - But no ATMOS?

I was reripping my movies and noticed that John Wick 3 was ripping only in "AC3 TrueHD/7.1 Atmos" and upon inspection using Mediainfo, it states 640kbs 8 channels MLP-FBA 16ch (Dolby True HD with Atmos) yet during playback on my receiver only Dolby Digital. So I reripped thinking it was user error and it ripped to the same thing. For the record, this is the only movies I have had an issue with. Yet?

What is wrong?

I am confused ,
    Do you mean that the output file did contain Atmos audio info, however, through your receiver, that Atmos audio track was transferred into Dolby Digital during playback?

Other movies that with the Atmos audio, can playback well on your receiver?

Also
    1. What player did you use for playback? Did you try to adjust the audio settings?
    2. More info is needed for your receiver.
    3. Which profile did you use for the conversion? Please provide dvdfab_internal and fabcheck_internal log file for the process.
    4. Please attach a copy of the mediainfo of the John Wick 3 output file.

Comment

Using Mediainfo on said output file, it states "640kbs 8 channels MLP-FBA 16ch (Dolby True HD with Atmos)" Which clearly is not Atmos only Dolby Digital 5.1 as the "640kbs" indicates.

However yet during playback on my receiver only Dolby Digital 5.1 output.

I am using a new Nvidia Shield TV pro with all settings correctly set for HDR and Atmos to a Denon H6300x to Sony Xbr - 900F via "EMBY" app which uses Exoplayer. I have been in electronics and pcs for 35 years and I assure you everything is setup correctly. I even swapped the hdmi cable knowing it was not the issue as ALL other titles played fine.

So it appears this is only with Dolby Vision titles? I am looking into it further. I am using the m2ts and not the mp4, so that my have something to do with it. I will update after some testing.

Comment

Please refer to this post to send us the feedback ID: DVDFab Forum - Log Files Help Our Developers Troubleshoot Your Problems Quickly
        Also, please attach the mediainfo result, thanks.

Comment

I will do as instructed with the files as well. ID: 9404796

This only happens to Dolby Vision (DV) titles. I used the m2ts, MP4, H265 4K for my tests.

win10 64 pro
          denon h6300x
          sony xbr900f
          Nvidia Shield Pro (2020) with the "EMBY" app which uses the Exoplayer.
          via correct HDMI

The results are as follows:

using the M2TS as my DV primary (previous editions of DVDfab ripped correctly and played correctly with Atmos track, HDR10) it would not rip the Atmos track as displayed in the attachments (current edition of DVDFab).

MP4 DV profile did not rip at all?

H265 4K ripped correctly and played correctly with the exception of DV, HDR10 provided as well as the Atmos track.

I have attached the logs as well with the exception on the internal as it was too large. I will follow up using your instructions. I also attached screen shots of the test rips for comparison.

dvdfab_process.log

Click image for larger version  Name:	DVDfab MP4-Atmos Issue 1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	42.9 KB ID:	384086
          Click image for larger version  Name:	DVDfab MP4-Atmos Issue 2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	40.5 KB ID:	384087
          Click image for larger version  Name:	DVDfab MP4-Atmos Issue 5.jpg Views:	0 Size:	31.6 KB ID:	384088
          Last edited by Blumamba; 07-27-2020, 04:40 PM.

Comment

I posted everything and sent in the logs as requested but no answer?

Comment

Your updated information has been passed to the developer.

using the M2TS as my DV primary (previous editions of DVDfab ripped correctly and played correctly with Atmos track, HDR10) it would not rip the Atmos track as displayed in the attachments (current edition of DVDFab).
              Regarding this, which was the version that ripped correctly?

Comment

Thank you for the update.

Comment

Working...
                X