Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General Question Disk drive doesn't do anything with UHD inserted

Hi,

I have a Asus BW-16D1HT. This drive is mentioned as UHD compatible as well as the installed firmware 3.10 is labelled as UHD Friendly in the Drive Tool.

I wanted to rip my first UHD today, but the drive doesn't do anything when I put in the disc. Both DVD and BD just work fine.

I haven't bought any UHD DVDFab Software yet (I have both DVD and BD lifetime version), but I tried it in the test version mode.

Is there anything I need to do to get it working? Maybe because DVD/BD test version has ended I also cannot test UHD anymore?

Originally posted by Caspian View Post
    Hi,

I have a Asus BW-16D1HT. This drive is mentioned as UHD compatible as well as the installed firmware 3.10 is labelled as UHD Friendly in the Drive Tool.

I wanted to rip my first UHD today, but the drive doesn't do anything when I put in the disc. Both DVD and BD just work fine.

I haven't bought any UHD DVDFab Software yet (I have both DVD and BD lifetime version), but I tried it in the test version mode.

Is there anything I need to do to get it working? Maybe because DVD/BD test version has ended I also cannot test UHD anymore?
    maybe your drive has updated firmware that blocks the reading of UHD discs. see post #4 - https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/uhd-co...uture-pc-build what is the manufacture date that is on the drive ?

Comment

Hey,

the DVDFab Drive Tool says FW 3.10 and also states: UHD Friendly.

So I assumed this FW version is UHD friendly - or does it just mean that the drive is UHD friendly?
      In the drop down list there are version 3.00 and 3.01 selectable.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Image 008.jpg
Views:	338
Size:	20.4 KB
ID:	390138

Anyway, shouldn't the drive try to read the disc at least? It doesn't make any noise.

Comment

P.S. I do'nt know the manufacturing date, but I just bought it 2 weeks ago from amazon.

Comment

The drive itself is friendly
          But ... Normally the FW version 3.10 (ex works)
          is not Friendly
          UHD kompatible FW = 3.00
          So steht das in den Laufwerksinformationen
          This is what the drive information says

Comment

Ok, danke.
            Works now with FW 3.01

Comment

Working...
            X