Looking into a future pc build.........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking into a future pc build.........

Hi, so i'm looking into a future pc build, and adding a burner capable, to back up my
    4k UHD Blu-ray movies........so it would be wise to buy a drive now? or wait and buy something
    later in the year- early next year? and for things to be supported by dvdfab. But harder to find the right drive with suitable firmware...

The little bit i have read online, seems to be issues with dvdfab supporting some drives at the moment and the firmware!!

These drives are what i have found

Asus BW-16D1Ht ( I can only locate a Pro version locally tho??? The BW-16D1H-U A201 would be better instead of the Pro?)

I like the LG WH16NS60 (Offical Drive - So i can play UHD movies on my next PC) (Buy Amazon)

What to do.........

thanks

See here for some of the list of supported uhd friendly
    drives - https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/uhd-co...d-drive-models. Right now I would
    Buy one now to keep on hand because newer drives
    are shipping with the updated firmware that is preventing
    The uhd discs from being copied.

Comment

thanks october262, yer i think it would be better to buy now, rather than wait...........the Asus BW-16D1HT seems good (not sure about the pro), but i'm thinking about
      LG WH16Ns60 (offical drive) But i think i have read that DVDFAB does not support that drive yet (but hopefully in the near future, which would be fine!!!)

Comment

I would purchase now. Manufacturers are updating their drives firmware to block UHD access.
        I just purchased the Asus BW-16D1HT from Amazon.com for $84.

The drive came with 3.02 firmware which should've worked with ripping UHD discs, but apparently newer drives made this year have an updated 3.02 firmware that blocks reading UHD discs.
        So I had to flash a clean version of 3.02 which I found from doing a google search. It was a very involved process. Good luck.

Comment

Thanks FQs19 - The Asus is a nice drive, However i can only find (locally) the Asus BW-16D1HT Pro (not sure about the pro and if there is any different - thinking it would be a newer/updated version eg up to date firmware/protection ??) Amazon has a Asus BW-16D1HT that ships to where i am (might be the go, just in case).................thanks guys

Comment

Be careful of purchasing on ebay, sellers there often can't or won't supply the firmware version and often do not accept returns. If you find one that works, buy two.

Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Looks like the only difference between the two is the Pro reads at 12x instead of 8x and it also supports 3D discs.
              That's according to Asus' website. I don't rip 3D discs. So not sure if my 16D1HT supports them and I'm not home to check.

Comment

Thanks Guys, Been a big help, in guiding me in the right direction, great support and advice, all the best - Thinking of the Asus Pro and for a back up drive
                the LG BH16NS55 16x Blu-ray BDRW Writer.............

Comment

Working...
                X