Am unable to get Dolby Vision into my .mkv

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UHD Ripper Am unable to get Dolby Vision into my .mkv

Using DVDFab x64 12.0.6.4. My source is a BDMV folder (I've also tried the real live disc "Nobody" and still no go)
    After loading into the Ripper, DVDFab verifies that Dolby Vision is there in the source BDMV.
    However, the resultant .mkv does not have Dolby Vision in it. I'm using "Mediainfo to check that, plus I try running the .mkv
    and my TV does not show DV (and, yes, my TV does support DV as I have watched many movies with DV).

Pretty sure my settings are right, but I must be missing one?
    In Advanced Settings I selected "Copy Dolby Vision". In the common settings profile I check the appropriate "HDR10 and Dolby Vision" and then use that mkv.passthrough when I do the rip.

Any suggestions would really be appreciated. i thought this version of DVDFab now handled DV passthrough.

Thanks,
    JakeT

Originally posted by 2luv4ever View Post
    Using DVDFab x64 12.0.6.4. My source is a BDMV folder (I've also tried the real live disc "Nobody" and still no go)
    After loading into the Ripper, DVDFab verifies that Dolby Vision is there in the source BDMV.
    However, the resultant .mkv does not have Dolby Vision in it. I'm using "Mediainfo to check that, plus I try running the .mkv
    and my TV does not show DV (and, yes, my TV does support DV as I have watched many movies with DV).

Pretty sure my settings are right, but I must be missing one?
    In Advanced Settings I selected "Copy Dolby Vision". In the common settings profile I check the appropriate "HDR10 and Dolby Vision" and then use that mkv.passthrough when I do the rip.

Any suggestions would really be appreciated. i thought this version of DVDFab now handled DV passthrough.

Thanks,
    JakeT
    are you choosing single stream ?? - https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/dvdfab...tember-22-2021

Comment

Hey, I've got it now and that might've been the problem. I had selected it before but it appears the single stream has to be set every time. Thanks so muck for responding.

Comment

How do you select single stream cuz in advanced settings I just see Copy Dolby Vision or Remove Dolby Vision
        please advise

Comment

Originally posted by Laprince View Post
          How do you select single stream cuz in advanced settings I just see Copy Dolby Vision or Remove Dolby Vision
          please advise
          do you have it set to copy video in advanced settings ?? see image in post #2 - https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/uhd-co...n-single-layer

Comment

yes it is but its not highlighted and it will not allow me to change anything i will send you the screenshot Click image for larger version

Name:	error dvdfab.jpg
Views:	1084
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	407553
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Laprince View Post
              yes it is but its not highlighted and it will not allow me to change anything i will send you the screenshot Click image for larger version

Name:	error dvdfab.jpg
Views:	1084
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	407553
              see post #2 - https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/uhd-co...on-video-track

Comment

Working...
              X