Preview Has Only Audio no Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Preview Has Only Audio no Video

So I am experiencing a number of issues so far with DvdFab and am trying to work through them. So my current issue is that the preview button looks like it should show a preview of the video but I am only getting audio. This is a bit of a pain because for whatever reason there are two duplicate titles of a show I am ripping. The first one I ripped the subtitles were delayed by like 5 seconds. The second title I ripped they were correct.

Is this green preview button only meant for audio? I'm worried about using this to rip other series if there's no way for me to easily differentiate a bad or good title.
    Attached Files

I retract that.. the subtitles in general seem to be odd. Weird pacing when compared to a rip of the same disk with different software. I would not use it the way it currently is ripping. What is the best way forward for me to get you guys the information you need to help debug this?

An example of the weird pacing of subtitles is when using dvdfab in a frame where there should be subs there won't be. But on a rip with other software the subs are there correctly in frame.

Another example is a frame where multiple people are talking and with dvdfab this is not captured ( or I have a setting set incorrectly ). But on a rip with other software they are there correctly.

Comment

Please use the Feedback feature in DVDFab 12 to submit the log files.
      Also, about the subtitle, which profile did you use and what is the player for playback? By odd and wreird pacing, please offer more detail. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
        Please use the Feedback feature in DVDFab 12 to submit the log files.
        Also, about the subtitle, which profile did you use and what is the player for playback? By odd and wreird pacing, please offer more detail. Thanks.
        Ok I will use the feedback feature for the preview issue.

For the subtitle:
        The profile used is "MKV Passthrough" I did not customize anything so it not "Custom MKV Passthrough"
        The player for playback is VLC.

By odd and weird pacing the best thing I can do to describe it more is by just saying that for some titles selected the Subtitled are delayed. Someone will talk and the subtitles will not show for a certain amount of time after they start talking. I can validate that this is not a strange issue with the bluray because I can rip it with another tool and everything is correct with the subs.

In worse situations the subtitles just arn't there at all. I will attach two images with the exact same timestamp the one ripped with dvdfab has no subtitles displayed at the current time yet the one ripped with the other tool is displaying the subs properly.

I'm not sure if what i've provided actually helps towards a solution rather then bringing awareness to it. This issue was reproducible on the last two bluray's i've burned. Let me know if there is more I can provide you with that is needed to look into the issue. Thanks!
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Bradf3rdc View Post

Ok I will use the feedback feature for the preview issue.

For the subtitle:
          The profile used is "MKV Passthrough" I did not customize anything so it not "Custom MKV Passthrough"
          The player for playback is VLC.

By odd and weird pacing the best thing I can do to describe it more is by just saying that for some titles selected the Subtitled are delayed. Someone will talk and the subtitles will not show for a certain amount of time after they start talking. I can validate that this is not a strange issue with the bluray because I can rip it with another tool and everything is correct with the subs.

In worse situations the subtitles just arn't there at all. I will attach two images with the exact same timestamp the one ripped with dvdfab has no subtitles displayed at the current time yet the one ripped with the other tool is displaying the subs properly.

I'm not sure if what i've provided actually helps towards a solution rather then bringing awareness to it. This issue was reproducible on the last two bluray's i've burned. Let me know if there is more I can provide you with that is needed to look into the issue. Thanks!
          Could you provide a short video source, so that we can try it? You may use the Main Movie mode of DVD Copy to make a chapter copy of the problematic title and then send it to us to test the problem, thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X