Remux subtitles are not being remuxed into video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remux subtitles are not being remuxed into video

When choosing remux forced subtitles into video, it does not do it. I have attached screenshot of settings and log.
    Attached Files

2023.04.26-11:25:33: info: stream input@ SubPicture(4768)[codec(pgssub) language(English) opcode(remux)]
    2023.04.26-11:25:33: info: stream output SubPicture(4768)[codec(pgssub) language(English)]
    2023.04.26-11:25:33: info: stream input@ SubPicture(16781984)[codec(pgssub) language(English) opcode(remux)]
    2023.04.26-11:25:33: info: stream output SubPicture(16781984)[codec(pgssub) language(English)]
    2023.04.26-11:25:33: info: SubMode(Remux) -- Display Only forced Subtitle(true)​
    When playback the output, did you try to enable the subtitles?
    Also, you have marked the option "Display Only forced Subtitle", if none of the subtitles contain forced subtitles, there will be no subtitle for playback.

Comment

So yes that works if I enable subtitles, but I thought remux was to put it permanently into the video. Is this not the case? And yes I only want forced subs.
      Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by plouie10 View Post
        So yes that works if I enable subtitles, but I thought remux was to put it permanently into the video. Is this not the case? And yes I only want forced subs.
        Thanks
        Remux will allow you to enable/disable when there are subtitles in the file.
        To permanently put subtitles into the video, you would need the Render subtitle option.

Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot-20230504-161342.png
Views:	197
Size:	10.2 KB
ID:	424956

Comment

Thanks but I can't find an option for that if choosing mkv with dolby vision. Only with mkv with HDR. Is it not available with dolby vision?

Comment

Originally posted by plouie10 View Post
            Thanks but I can't find an option for that if choosing mkv with dolby vision. Only with mkv with HDR. Is it not available with dolby vision?
            Is there a track that has the same language as the current one you picked? Please choose it to remux again and see the result .

Comment

Hi, I tested all subtitles. Only choosing MKVHDR gives option to render to video for subtitles. If you choose default MKVDolby vision, there is only option to remux. Is this the limitation of the program. Can this feature be added. Thanks

Comment

Working...
              X