Possible UHD firmware downgrade issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible UHD firmware downgrade issue

Hi. I just purchased an lg wh16ns40 uhd drive. I've done bluenrays before with dvd fab but this is.my first time doing uhd disc. So I ran the uhd firmware & it downgrade the lg to 1.2. I did my first uhd disc, john wick bit it took 22 hours to complete only copying a half a meg per second. Blue rays copy fine with no problem. From all my research, I've read that the 1.0 firmware for that lg model is reconmended. Can you help me correct this or am I doing something wrong. I am using the current version of dvd fab.
    thanks
    Dom

Are you copying down the title to your hard disc in full disc mode with no format conversion or size reduction?

Comment

Thanks for posting, we need some more info to check the problem. Please provide the DVDFab13.log file to us to look into it.

Comment

Originally posted by all4dom View Post
        Hi. I just purchased an lg wh16ns40 uhd drive. I've done bluenrays before with dvd fab but this is.my first time doing uhd disc. So I ran the uhd firmware & it downgrade the lg to 1.2. I did my first uhd disc, john wick bit it took 22 hours to complete only copying a half a meg per second. Blue rays copy fine with no problem. From all my research, I've read that the 1.0 firmware for that lg model is reconmended. Can you help me correct this or am I doing something wrong. I am using the current version of dvd fab.
        thanks
        Dom
        what are your computer specs ??
        make sure that they meet or exceed what is listed here
        near the bottom of the page - https://www.dvdfab.cn/uhd-copy.htm?trackid=headmenu2
        my guess is that your computer is not using GPU hardware acceleration
        and is just using the computer's CPU.
        Last edited by october262; 01-30-2024, 03:52 AM.

Comment

Hi and thanks to all for responding. I use my home server yo stream all my media plus copy & rip. It's a skylark i5, 8 gigs of ram, ssd hard drive, 300 or 500 power supply. I can rip a blue ray in about 40 minutes. Oh, no.video card, integrated since it's used as a server for home media. I'm ok with streaming as almost everything plays direct. This is my first time doing uhd. Dvd fab also displayed 100% cou usage. I didn't know that the pc made a difference copying the main movie to the drive, which is how I always do it. I always thought for copying it then disc drive that made a difference

Comment

Sorry forgot to add im at work now but I'll post the log when I get home .

Comment

I tried to upload the file but it wouldn't let me because it said it was bigger then 2 megs. Also when I checked the fab settings, it said I was using quick sync for everything except vc1 which I'm guessing is the 4k. What I don't understand is why is it using the cpu when I thought only the disc optical speed made a difference. Is it possible I could use the intwl arc card instead of building a.new.server at this time?
              thanks
              Dom

Comment

Originally posted by all4dom View Post
                I tried to upload the file but it wouldn't let me because it said it was bigger then 2 megs. Also when I checked the fab settings, it said I was using quick sync for everything except vc1 which I'm guessing is the 4k. What I don't understand is why is it using the cpu when I thought only the disc optical speed made a difference. Is it possible I could use the intwl arc card instead of building a.new.server at this time?
                thanks
                Dom
                About the speed problem, without the DVDFab13.log file and fabcheck_internal.log file, we are unable to check.
                Please submit the log file using the Feedback feature in DVDFab13.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot-20240201-144132.png
Views:	133
Size:	12.9 KB
ID:	436224

Comment

OK. It's 8am my time & at im at work. I will do it tonight when I get home.

Comment

Working...
                  X