Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Optical Drives Windows not detecting new UHD discs

Hi!

Not a DVD Fab issue - just looking for insight. I have an ASUS BW-16D1HT with firmware 3.0.​

I've been able to rip almost all of my 200+ 4k discs, but am having issues with Windows 11 recognizing some of the discs when inserted into the drive. the drive just spins/grinds a bit then gives up.

For the most part the discs that won't read are BD-100 discs. They are:
    • Braveheart
    • Highlander
    • The Batman
    • Shazam! Fury of the Gods
    • The Suicide Squad
    • Spider-Man Far From Home
    • Fast X

But also one (according to blu-ray.com) that is BD-66.
    • Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania
    At least 20 other 4k discs I own are BD-100 and they ripped fine.

Recommendations? When I ran the UHD drive tool it said firmware 3.1 was also UHD friendly. That's my next step if there are no better thoughts.
    Husband, father, watcher of way too much TV and Movies.
    Software developer for 30+ years starting with BASIC on DOS 5.x and now on the MEAN stack (Mongo/Express/Angular/Node) in an AWS environment.

Flashing the drive to 3.01 using the UHD Drive tool appears to have semi-fixed the issue. At least some of the discs are showing up for Windows and DVDFab is able to rip them.

So far Highlander, Ant-Man, and The Batman worked. Braveheart recognized about 1 in 5 times being put in the drive. DVD Fab doesn't "fully" recognize it enough to start a rip.

Forward motion, though.
    Husband, father, watcher of way too much TV and Movies.
    Software developer for 30+ years starting with BASIC on DOS 5.x and now on the MEAN stack (Mongo/Express/Angular/Node) in an AWS environment.

Comment

I am having a similar problem... several UHD disc never seem to be recognized by either my Asus BC-12D2HT or my LG WH16NS40 drives. Others work just fine. Recently I've had trouble reading Twelve Monkeys and Water World UHD discs.

Comment

Have you two tried washing the disc. I have Asus and LG drives and many times a brand new disc will not be read. I wash the disc with warm water and Dawn. Pat dry with a paper towel, and then rub the surface with a microfiber cloth, the extremely fine weave one that you get with eye glasses. They read/rip fine after that.

Comment

Did you try using Copy - Clone mode to load the discs?
          Please provide the DVDFab13.log file too. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
          X