StreamFab & Netflix FPS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Netflix StreamFab & Netflix FPS

Ok, so, I noticed something with netflix. I had a vpn going from japan to download cloverfield and the rest of the series. I was able to download the movies in AV1, but at 47 fps and only if I let SF sit there, stuck for about 3 min or so till it starts back up again.. So then I tried VP9 and got 23 fps done in like 5 min if that. The VP1 would take at least 30 min.. 47 fps isn't normal to me. Is it me or is this a SF issue?

That's without vpn the same and affect only AV1, which is relative new in SF.

Sample: The Rookie s01e01

If I dl 432p or 540p the frame rate is 23.976fps and the bit rate is as predicted.
    If I dl 720p or 1080p the frame rate is 47.904fps and the bit rate is doubled.

Click image for larger version

Name:	nf_The.Rookie.s01e01_av1.jpg
Views:	932
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	446348

Comment

Originally posted by Germania View Post
      That's without vpn the same and affect only AV1, which is relative new in SF.

Sample: The Rookie s01e01

If I dl 432p or 540p the frame rate is 23.976fps and the bit rate is as predicted.
      If I dl 720p or 1080p the frame rate is 47.904fps and the bit rate is doubled.

Click image for larger version

Name:	nf_The.Rookie.s01e01_av1.jpg
Views:	932
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	446348
      Yes, we can reproduce the problem, and I will ask the dev to check it.

Thanks!

Wilson
      Please post your logs the default location is:
      For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
      For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
      If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Germania Yeah thanks for confirming that info for me. I just thought it was a weird FPS but apparently thats what it is for AV1. Thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by Wilson.Wang View Post

Yes, we can reproduce the problem, and I will ask the dev to check it.

Thanks!

Wilson
          Any news about AV1 and wrong fps / bit rate ?

It's differently, some are right with 720p, but not with 1080p ..
          .. and sometimes come 720p with 49.95fps (sample: Élite s04)​

Comment

After a few days without any problems I now had NF AV1 again with wrong fps and double bitrate.
            First I thought 6192 was to blame then I thought NF Video Codec on-the-fly change is to blame
            (restart necessary after change) but neither has been confirmed.​

Then the realization that my Clean Install (because of Max) seems to be the cause, which led to
            the fact that I can now change between right + wrong AV1 using old + new StreamFab.ini

Now I've spent an hour trying to synchronize two StreamFab.ini files, and testing SF restarts
            nd DL again and again, but I just can't find what I'm looking for ...
            ... but maybe the order is also decisive (?)​​

Comment

After a few days without any problems I now had NF AV1 again with wrong fps and double bitrate.
              First I thought 6192 was to blame then I thought NF Video Codec on-the-fly change is to blame
              (restart necessary after change) but neither has been confirmed.​

Then the realization that my Clean Install (because of Max) seems to be the cause, which led to
              the fact that I can now change between right + wrong AV1 using old + new StreamFab.ini

Now I've spent an hour trying to synchronize two StreamFab.ini files, and testing SF restarts
              nd DL again and again, but I just can't find what I'm looking for ...
              ... but maybe the order is also decisive (?)​​
              was you able to fix it ? i have the same exact issue

Comment

> was you able to fix it ?

Unfortunately I still have to change the ini
                if I want to use NF AV1 correctly (old ini) or using Max (new ini).

I have not yet managed to do both with the same StreamFab.ini

But I now know that I can also forget about AppleTV+ with the new ini - info
                (user Komet was able to solve the problem with fresh 6189)​

Comment

> was you able to fix it ?

Unfortunately I still have to change the ini
                  if I want to use NF AV1 correctly (old ini) or using Max (new ini).

I have not yet managed to do both with the same StreamFab.ini

But I now know that I can also forget about AppleTV+ with the new ini - info
                  (user Komet was able to solve the problem with fresh 6189)​
                  can you upload streamfab.ini file that works with NF AV1 please?

Comment

Wilson.Wang ​, no more needed to "ask the dev to check it"

My Betatest is finished .. I found the problem - the big bug ..

.. to verify I installed fresh 6189 + 6192
                    and collected ini changes before 1st start, after start + close
                    and after start with 1st going into settings and confirm OK
                    (was necessary because 619x cleaned up + reorder existing 618x ini)

Result:

618x default
                    NetProxy=3|0||0|| => Don't use proxy

6192 default
                    NetProxy=0|0||0|| => Direct

6192 with old 618x ini
                    NetProxy=3|1||0|| => SOCKS4

After testing 3 episodes from different series this applies to me:

Netflix AV1 is wrong with: NetProxy=0|0||0|| or NetProxy=3|0||0|| or 2|1||0||
                    Netflix AV1 is correct with: NetProxy=3|1||0|| or 1|1||0|| or 4|1||0||

@ raykra
                    Open Settings => Proxy and choose HTTP or SOCKS (not Direct or HTTPS)​

Comment

@ raykra
                      Open Settings => Proxy and choose HTTP or SOCKS (not Direct or HTTPS)​
                      man this worked on first try, really interesting findings. i cannot thank you enough.

Comment

Working...
                      X