Current State Of AppleTV+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bysdontcry View Post
    I have tried to download The Instigators and Fancy Dance movies and never get any HD options. Using version 6.1.9.5.
    Anyone able to get HD downloads on those two movies?
    The Instigators => see #48 - #50

Fancy Dance was encoded by Apple on 2024-08-08 03:55:29 UTC
    and in the last 2 weeks apparently no key for >SD was known and deposited at SF

Originally posted by Germania View Post
    Higher resolution mainly affects popular older titles.

Comment

I see. Got it. Thanks.

Comment

I've been testing out the AppleTV+ module on 6.1.9.5 and I've been unimpressed. I've had Error 301, 702, "check your network", and green video upon completion for the various titles I've tried. Sometimes when I retry the issues resolve themselves and I'm able to actually download something in the selected format (e.g. Monarch Legacy of Monsters downloaded all episodes at 4K HDR10+ after multiple retries) while others consistently give me the same error every time (e.g. The Year Earth Changed fails with error 702 when attempting 4K HDR10+, 4K DV, and 4K SDR with either Atmos or EAC3 audio). I've also had some TV series where I finally get episode 1 to work with a specific format and all other episodes in the season fail (e.g. For All Mankind I failed to get any 4K options to work, however I got episode 1 to download at 1080p h265 only to have the rest of the episodes fail with the 1080p h265 setting).

So is everyone else able to just queue these up without issue and just have them work? I'm trying to figure out if the listed resolutions that SF provides are actually available or if they might be and I need to try each episode to see if it fails or not. Are you all loading up the queue with multiple series/movies/seasons all at once and having everything succeed?

I think my biggest frustration with these errors is that some of them will only occur after the entire item is downloaded, meaning you need to wait until the entire 4K stream is downloaded before it tells you it failed.

Is all of this normal behavior everyone is experiencing? To install this I uninstalled previous version (6.1.9.1) deleted the temp directory, deleted the %appdata% directories, removed configuration, rebooted, installed the latest version and set up directories, rebooted, logged into AppleTV+, closed SF, opened SF, signed into AppleTV+ again because it logged me out, closed SF, opened SF, opened the AppleTV+ module, and began analyzing shows for download. I've only been selecting combinations with a listed bitrate (i.e. I'm not selecting any "if available" options).

Comment

Originally posted by adowEm View Post
          II think my biggest frustration with these errors is that some of them will only occur after the entire item is downloaded,
          meaning you need to wait until the entire 4K stream is downloaded before it tells you it failed.
          I have gotten into the habit of keeping an eye on the size of the StreamFab.log.
          ... e.g. the test of Fraggles.s02e01 made the log (for only one file) grow to 5 MB,
          so I aborted because that can't be anything.

If you see a “green video”, you don't need to test that title in >SD
          because SF doesn't seem to have a valid key for decryting in >SD.

For many movies >SD is not offered to me if the key for decrypting for >SD is not known.
          Why this check is not error-free for all movies is beyond my knowledge and understanding.

When selecting series, presumably only the first episode is used to select the available resolutions.
          However, this does not mean that the >SD keys for subsequent episodes are also available.​
          Last edited by Germania; 08-23-2024, 08:01 PM.

Comment

Thanks Germania for the post. That really helped. After continuing to get error 702 with a bunch of titles I looked through the error logs and found that the remux fails due to a subtitle error. Almost all 702 errors that I received could be resolved by unchecking all of the subtitle options when downloading (some still persist, but it fixed most of the issues).

Comment

Originally posted by adowEm View Post
              .. found that the remux fails due to a subtitle error
              Have you tried with Setting "Extract to SRT File" ?

I've had no problem with this setting and a single subtitle so far (my default is mp4)​

Comment

I have take now one Month to try apple, and have the problem that when I download a episode of life by Ella that episode 1 is normaly a 21 minutes, I have after the download only the first 3 min and than Stops,
                and somethimes I have only sound of an episode, no file with picture and sound with full episode, I tried lower quality also, no solution, I get always not a good episode with full episode I download,
                Know someone what that problem is??
                it’s anoying that I can not download episodes of series that are ok.

Comment

Originally posted by djhanje View Post
                  Know someone what that problem is??
                  I strongly suspect that you have in StreamFab.log multiple "server replied: Bad Request"
                  see page 2 and #35

I had this very often with 6194 - with 6195 only with a few titles.
                  There does not seem to be an ultimate solution for dl with errors at the moment.
                  The error rate increases if you select several audios and/or several subtitles.

> when I download a episode of life by Ella that episode 1 is normaly a 21 minutes,
                  > I have after the download only the first 3 min and than Stops,

I tried "Life by Ella.s01e01" (only sd) with german AAC + forced subs
                  and have 5x [Critical] in StreamFab.log for subs (1 missing segment - 4 retries)
                  and 5x [Critical] for video (1 missing segment - 4 retries), audio without errors
                  The missing video segment is 39 - video freeze at 05:34

Click image for larger version  Name:	atv_Life by Ella.s01e01.jpg Views:	0 Size:	84.1 KB ID:	449291

2nd try without subs and the same video segment 39 is missing

3rd try with H265 SDR and now missing segment 159 - video freeze at 22:21

Click image for larger version  Name:	atv_Life by Ella.s01e01_x265.jpg Views:	0 Size:	81.4 KB ID:	449292

Can you search for [Critical] in StreamFab.log whether the errors are in the same segments?
                  Code:
                  [Critical]: QtDownloadTask::onError : errorString :Error transferring ... --39.m4s or 159.m4s

> it’s anoying that I can not download episodes of series that are ok.

If you want error-free videos, I can only suggest SF 6193 at the moment ..
                  .. but then always in SD and AAC Audio with 32k​

Comment

Germania thanks for the tip of the version, i’m gonna check the log this afternoon and if it say I get errors in the file I go back to the older version,
                    or test with an other dns on my router.
                    update: change of the dns helped a little, I get now 7 min of the episode, I just try the older version this afternoon to have that episode back to full.
                    Last edited by djhanje; 08-26-2024, 06:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Germania View Post

Have you tried with Setting "Extract to SRT File" ?

I've had no problem with this setting and a single subtitle so far (my default is mp4)​
                      That seems to have resolved a great deal of my 702 errors, but not all of them. Fraggle Rock: Back to the Rock still has 702 errors on a few episodes even with that setting enabled.

Now that I've been playing around with it more I've noticed a few things:
                      1) For the first time in a while I've felt the need to check every single file StreamFab makes because on AppleTV+ it has a huge likelihood of generating a file without errors that only has part of the video file (i.e. it will freeze midway through the video, but audio will continue)
                      2) Sometimes when the files will have the "green screen" from a decryption issue I can try to download the same file over and over again and it will eventually give me the fully-functional 4K file/1080p
                      3) Of all the titles that I've tried downloading and only downloaded at 432 resolution I've only had 2 (out of 30 or so) actually able to download anything higher than that and succeed
                      4) Sometimes switching to h264 when the h265 doesn't work will produce a working download, but given #2 above I'm not convinced that it's any better than trying h265 over and over again
                      5) I've looked in the temp output folder during remux for a few titles that eventually failed and noticed that the .dec file was still there for the video, which presumably indicates the decryption never finished properly. StreamFab then takes the completely unencrypted file and uses that to remux instead. I feel like there should be a way for the devs to detect this and produce an error instead of wasting time remuxing. If I try to play the .dec file I get a working video stream, it's just not as long as the video is supposed to be.

Comment

I have by Some titles like the morning show that I have the full episode in 1080 with subs but when I Watch the episode there are moments the subs are not present, and after 1 or 2 minutes they suddenly come back again and then at a moment it is again away and comes back after a couple minutes,
                        i do it with mp4 decrypt and subs apart so I get for every episode 2 files,
                        1 episode is 1080, second episode is 540 and third episode is again 1080 and from the 4th episode I get it not fully watchable.
                        i have yet only 1 series that fully worked in 540 quality and that is presumed innocent,
                        I want to test other good series,
                        the big door prize had also the 5 first episodes that worked in 1080 quality, the others 5 of season 1 have not been fully watchable, there is no point to say it fully works for Apple TV.

Comment

Hi! This new version 6.1.9.5 works very fine in AppleTV most of the time. However, I'm downloading series like Severance or For All Mankind and some episodes doesn't download. The program generates a lot, and I mean "a lot", of files and make my drive full when I try to download these episodes. My SSD has 300 GB free and becomes completely full. The episodes are: For All Mankind, epidodes S01E07, S01E08 and S03E06. And Severance: S01E07 and S01E08. If you need a log, please, tell me what to do. Thanks

Comment

Guys, I noticed that the videos downloaded in H265 SDR are at level 4.1. I would like to download them at level 4.0 for compatibility reasons, is that possible? The H264 version is at level 4.0 but is not playing on the emby when used on the TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Emby View Post
                              Guys, I noticed that the videos downloaded in H265 SDR are at level 4.1.
                              I would like to download them at level 4.0 for compatibility reasons, is that possible?
                              It's unchanged - SF can only download what is offered by AppleTV+
                              and that is: L4.1@Main - see also my manually download here

> The H264 version is at level 4.0 but is not playing on the emby when used on the TV.

If you need 4.0 you will have to convert it yourself.

Comment

Hi! This new version 6.1.9.7 works very fine in AppleTV most of the time. However, I'm downloading For All Mankind and some episodes doesn't download. The program generates a lot, and I mean a lot, of files and make my drive full when I try to download these episodes. My SSD has 300 GB free and becomes completely full. The episodes are: For All Mankind, epidodes S01E07, S01E08 and S03E06.If you need a log, please, tell me what to do. Thanks.​

Comment

Working...
                                X